MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   US Open (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   Who is going? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=101071)

Tzar 05-05-2007 09:49 PM

Who is going?

Me!

savesthedizzle 05-09-2007 04:18 AM

Re: Who is going?

I'm going... a lot. Probably 2 days of quallies and then most of the first week :rocker2:

I will be easy to spot in quallies. I will be the only one watching Viktor Troicki ;)

Savio 06-11-2007 02:20 PM

I'm going but was only able to obtain tickets for 9/2 Sunday night in Arthur Ashe Stadium. I got online early with a friend and between the both of us we could only score Sunday fortnight matches.

We really want to go Saturday 9/1 for Arthur Ashe or Grounds Admissions. Anyone know where I can get tickets for face value? Or is scalping pretty decent outside? Or can I watch outside the stadium?

This will be my first time going to the Billie Jean Tennis Center as well as my 6 other friends coming with me.

fedsfan1 06-17-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savio (Post 5504909)
I'm going but was only able to obtain tickets for 9/2 Sunday night in Arthur Ashe Stadium. I got online early with a friend and between the both of us we could only score Sunday fortnight matches.

We really want to go Saturday 9/1 for Arthur Ashe or Grounds Admissions. Anyone know where I can get tickets for face value? Or is scalping pretty decent outside? Or can I watch outside the stadium?

This will be my first time going to the Billie Jean Tennis Center as well as my 6 other friends coming with me.

Hi Savio,

If you go to the box office the day of or if you can go a day or so before 9/1 you should be able to get AA tixs or grounds passes. I only had a problem last year getting grounds passes for Labor day because of all the rain delays. By the time we got to the box office line....it was sooooo long. & tixs were sold out.
As for scalping.....you take your chances. I have done it a few times & was lucky to meet honest people. & got great tixs . There are always people walking the ticket line buying & selling tickets.

You can watch the matches on the grounds. AA has a big screen right in the plaza & there is also a screen outside of LA that show both show cts...LA & Grandstand. Also a screen in the food ct...towards the back cts.

Have fun & good luck
cheers:wavey:

jole 06-18-2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savestheday91 (Post 5316016)
I'm going... a lot. Probably 2 days of quallies and then most of the first week :rocker2:

I will be easy to spot in quallies. I will be the only one watching Viktor Troicki ;)

Hey Jess. :)

I am going the first 4 days (M-Th) with my parents. Hopefully I'll see ya up there and we can watch Novak!

Savio 06-18-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedsfan1 (Post 5535039)
Hi Savio,

If you go to the box office the day of or if you can go a day or so before 9/1 you should be able to get AA tixs or grounds passes. I only had a problem last year getting grounds passes for Labor day because of all the rain delays. By the time we got to the box office line....it was sooooo long. & tixs were sold out.
As for scalping.....you take your chances. I have done it a few times & was lucky to meet honest people. & got great tixs . There are always people walking the ticket line buying & selling tickets.

You can watch the matches on the grounds. AA has a big screen right in the plaza & there is also a screen outside of LA that show both show cts...LA & Grandstand. Also a screen in the food ct...towards the back cts.

Have fun & good luck
cheers:wavey:

Thanks for the info Feds.

When you say watch the matches on the grounds via screens, do I have to have tickets such as Grounds pass/LA/AA passes?

savesthedizzle 07-01-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jole (Post 5538005)

I am going the first 4 days (M-Th) with my parents. Hopefully I'll see ya up there and we can watch Novak!

Awesome!! :dance:

Bubbahotep 07-13-2007 06:46 PM

Guys, does anyone know when the cut-off is?

El Legenda 07-13-2007 07:30 PM

US Open is bad timing for me :mad: it starts when im in the 2nd week of school :mad: :rolls:

savesthedizzle 07-14-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vamos Ljubo! (Post 5676184)
US Open is bad timing for me :mad: it starts when im in the 2nd week of school :mad: :rolls:

That's a bad excuse :p :lol:

El Legenda 07-14-2007 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savestheday91 (Post 5677145)
That's a bad excuse :p :lol:

well i could skip, its not like im missing anything during that time.. :p

savesthedizzle 07-16-2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vamos Ljubo! (Post 5677226)
well i could skip, its not like im missing anything during that time.. :p

See :) All you miss is them saying "Here is your syllabus. Buy your text book. Blah blah blah" Nothing important ;) Just come to the USO :D

savesthedizzle 07-16-2007 03:25 AM

Oh wait, second week of school not first.

Well then "Have you all got your text book yet? Blah blah blah." :p Still not important :p

Volcanic Tennis 07-25-2007 02:27 AM

My mom and sister are going but I am unable to because of school :(

savesthedizzle 08-03-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jole (Post 5538005)

Yo :)

I finally have finalized the days I will be going and... they are the same as you ;)

I too will be there first four days M-Th :dance: If anyone going wants to meet up/do lunch/dinner/a Djokovic match... shoot me a PM or something :)

:wavey: