Mens Tennis Forums banner

Good luck to Nole in Cinci - just relax and have some fun:-))

24K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  arm 
#1 ·
OK -time to move on to a new tournament I think :) Nole has nothing to defend in Cinci and I think that is good :)

He is obviously feeling some pressure at the moment and that is neither bad nor surprising in my opinion. He's a human being not a robot - and if we look around - almost all players have bad losses, bad tournaments and occasional crises of confidence - it's totally natural and not to be worried about at all in my opinion. Nole is young - he has time- and remember he has already achieved more in his short career than many other players have ever achieved. So let's all relax a bit, and cheer for him in Cinci, with no high expectations - hope he has fun and then we will do the same:)

Ajde Nole :)

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI/BYE
QUALIFIER v GINEPRI, Robby USA
ANCIC, Mario CRO v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
BELLUCCI, Thomaz BRA v (16) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO
(12) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP v FISH, Mardy USA
BENNETEAU, Julien FRA v SODERLING, Robin SWE
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v QUALIFIER
BYE/(6) RODDICK, Andy USA

(4) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS/BYE
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB v MOYA, Carlos ESP
(WC) ISNER, John USA v QUALIFIER
ANDREEV, Igor RUS v (15) STEPANEK, Radek CZE
(11) GASQUET, Richard FRA v LLODRA, Michael FRA
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v (WC) SAFIN, Marat RUS
QUERREY, Sam USA v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
BYE/( 8 ) MURRAY, Andy GBR

(7) BLAKE, James/BYE
KIEFER, Nicolas v SIMON, Gilles
NIEMINEN, Jarkko v GULBIS, Ernests
JOHANSSON, Thomas v (9) WAWRINKA, Stanislas
(13) GONZALEZ, Fernando v BERDYCH, Tomas
LOPEZ, Feliciano v SEPPI, Andreas
QUALIFIER v BOLELLI, Simone
BYE/(3) DJOKOVIC, Novak

(5) FERRER, David/BYE
LAPENTTI, Nicolas v CILIC, Marin
(WC) LEVINE, Jesse v QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER v (10) VERDASCO, Fernando
(14) YOUZHNY, Mikhail v HAAS, Tommy
MONFILS, Gael v (WC) YOUNG, Donald
QUALIFIER v SERRA, Florent
BYE/(2) NADAL, Rafael

See less See more
#113 ·
Raquel :wavey: Can't you tell Nole you are going to watch him?:awww:That way he won't get upset before the start of the match? Once he is on court he won't know the difference ;) When are you coming back to us - I miss you? :awww:

Misha :hug:

#117 ·
Raquel, keep Nole for you;)

Rose, I understand:hug:

#119 ·
He doesn't want to be kept only for myself. :bigcry: Besides, I have the sharing rule with some ofmy friends here.. :nsure:

Nole will be fine :) I trust in him :unsure:

See - I'm trying to do the "sunny, positive"thing - it doesn't feel easy for me - but I AM trying :lol:
I can see that! And you did good! :lol: Don't worry, in 2 days I'll be bck nd you will be free from that vry diffuclt task. :lol:

#118 ·
Nole will be fine :) I trust in him :unsure:

See - I'm trying to do the "sunny, positive"thing - it doesn't feel easy for me - but I AM trying :lol:

#121 ·
Evening - I see I'm too late for the Tenerife terror....:wavey:

Am currently watching Murray and oh the bliss of the Sky red button - no commentary.

Anyway on Nole - are we downhearted? A resounding No! Shall watch the body language carefully tonight, mind you.

Hope things have calmed down a bit in Belgrade now.

#122 ·
Yes, Hague is his home now (Karadzic).

Murray can kill me. He's back now. And I don't know what to think about Novak. Does he want, does he have edge...

#123 ·
Do you think that will stop the protests? Or will the hardliners now go all out for Tadic & co for catching him and letting him be extradited?

Would expect Nole to be more motivated by the USO and the HC season than by the Olympics. Apart from Agassi, I struggle to name any medallists in tennis TBH.

Guess we've all become too used to the high standards set by Fed in terms of number of matches won per year. By any other measure Nole is still having a terrific year.

#125 ·
Do you think that will stop the protests? Or will the hardliners now go all out for Tadic & co for catching him and letting him be extradited?

Would expect Nole to be more motivated by the USO and the HC season than by the Olympics. Apart from Agassi, I struggle to name any medallists in tennis TBH.

Guess we've all become too used to the high standards set by Fed in terms of number of matches won per year. By any other measure Nole is still having a terrific year.
Sure have. Presure about him *and Ana & JJ* here is not that much any more. He becomes 5th news here in sports. Back to volleyball, basket, soccer...Hey, he was 19 when he beame national hero (Miami 2007). Of course his form, selfconfidence..had droped a bit. Maybe it is better now. He must know every match is tough match.

As for situation in Serbia I think protests are past tense (for now) but *as we know best* we'll find something to fight about. But you know what - whole situation was in Belgrade only. Organized protest, 'accidentaly' naughty boys... My dad didnt't know anything untill this morning. He was in our country house, resting, he hates TV.

It will be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.