Mens Tennis Forums banner

Bad, Funny, and Just Plain Wrong Tennis Headlines

64K views 568 replies 229 participants last post by  Looner 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is where we will preserve some of the funniest and dumbest tennis headlines that we've seen from around the world (i.e. Yahoo). This has happened so often in the past, and continues to happen, that it simply must have its own thread. :)

I'll start. I was perusing the Sports Illustrated and Yahoo sites today and found a double whammy. Look closely at Yahoo's women's singles rankings. :lol:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Re: Bad, Funny, and Just Plain Wrong Tennis News Headlines

Here are some more headlines I had saved from the past.

The first one is from Hindu Times which appeared in July 2005.

The second pic is from Roddick's official website. It's not a headline but it is funny and no, it wasn't photoshopped either. It really happened. :lol:

And even the ATP's site has its Yahoo moments, recently reporting that it was Gaudio who played the Davis Cup tie against Sweden (psst! :secret: it was really Jose Acasuso in Gaudio disguise) ;)

The Federer headline from Yahoo was real and appeared in January 2005 after he lost to Safin. Classic. :lol:

Attachments

#7 ·

tangerine_dream said:
This thread is where we will preserve some of the funniest/worst tennis news headlines that we've seen from around the world. This has happened so often in the past, and continues to happen, that it simply must have its own thread. :)

I'll start. I was perusing the Sports Illustrated and Yahoo sites today and found a double whammy. Look closely at Yahoo's "world rankings." :lol:
I saw that and almost posted it here! Funny as hell, those rankings.
And what about the time Yahoo! had David N. losing to K. Brandi?

#12 ·

very funny collection :haha:
thank, tangerine! :yeah:

#20 ·

Just that he is down as having played Bjorkman in the DC tie against Sweden when it was Acasuso who played instead; not the biggest blunder, but still easily avoidable.

#24 ·

Alexiana said:
Only because he wins titles in the U.S doesn't mean he is american :lol: and that from a german newspaper :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't think that's a mistake ;) because in a German newspaper it should go without saying that Haas is a German tennis player and therefore with German players they mostly write the location where they live or were born, I've seen that often already.
With Schüttler they often write "Korbach", with Mayer "Bayreuth", with Kiefer "Hannover" or "Holzminden".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.