#1 · (Edited)
Richard's schedule in Land Down Under.

Adelaide(31th Dec - 6th Jan)
withdrew due to knee injury

Sydeny (7th Jan - 13th Jan)

Melbourne (14th Jan - 27th Jan)

#2 ·
Re: §_§_§_We're so BORED! Can't wait for the season 2008 down under_§_§_§

Good idea but now the Australian Open and all its lead up tournaments have changed to a Plexicushion surface. I was at Melbourne Park today and yesterday and had a look.. not all the courts have been finished yet but let me tell you... it's damn bright!!

#4 ·

Good idea but now the Australian Open and all its lead up tournaments have changed to a Plexicushion surface. I was at Melbourne Park today and yesterday and had a look.. not all the courts have been finished yet but let me tell you... it's damn bright!!
Oh I wish I could see them. :rolls:
btw I'll change it. Thanks for the information. ;)

#3 ·

Great thread Mia. :yeah: Good luck to Richard in Adelaide. :D

#6 ·

bright courts...

wondering which colourrichard will choose to wear

please not blue:unsure:

I think a flashy colour would be great,for a change but hum, dont think richard is ready to try this lol.
I prefer him to work on his game for sure but I hope he wont wear blue shirt on blue court,wouldnt suit...

richard where are you??!!just follow the yellow ball:lol:

#7 ·

I would be very happy if Richie could win Adelaide and reach the quarters in Sydney.

I don't want him to enter the Australian Open dead tired. :(

#8 ·

I'm surprised Richie is playing both warm up tournaments. In years past I guess he didn't expect to go very deep into the draw but now it is possible he could be playing on the last day of one or both and then he would be pretty worn out for the AO. Guess that would be a nice problem to deal with.

O.K. I was SOOO bored that I was actually looking at the ATP website and found something called RICHO match facts. It has statistics on serves and return of serve and found some stats on Richie: #6 in points won returning 1st serve, #8 in break points converted AND 2nd serve points won, #11 in return games won and #20 in number of aces. I knew his first serve improved this year but at least in his last few matches he really struggled when he didn't get a 1st serve in and he ended up #8 in second serve points won :shrug:. I also didn't realize he returned 1st serves so well. How much do I miss tennis ... when I start checking out stats it is definitely time to get a life.

#10 ·
Re: §_§_§_the season 2008 down under is COMING_§_§_§

Mia I PMed you back. :wavey:

#11 ·
Shitty draw for Richard. :eek: :help:

(1) GASQUET, Richard FRA v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA v (WC)LUCZAK, Peter AUS
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v (8) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP

(3) BLAKE, James USA v SANTORO, Fabrice FRA
QUALIFIER v (SE) SIRIANNI, Joseph AUS
QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG v (7) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

(6) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS v MAHUT, Nicolas FRA
(WC) GUCCIONE, Chris AUS v QUALIFIER
SIMON, Gilles FRA v FISH, Mardy USA
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v (4) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

(5) MOYA, Carlos ESP v KOUBEK, Stefan AUT
CALLERI, Agustin ARG v (WC) JONES, Greg AUS
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA
STEPANEK, Radek CZE v (2) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP
smucav is offline View My Blog! Add to smucav's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

#13 ·
Bet against Richard and earn lots of vcash. :yeah: ;)

#15 ·
That's pretty much what I said. He's in the top ten now and sooner or later he will have to face tough opponents, not always expecting an easy draw. Deal with it or go home. :shrug:

#16 ·
He's got Andreev, Tursunov, Verdasco, Blake, and probably Hewitt or Berdych in the final. :eek:

#19 ·
Stan=Nalby Killa. :eek:

#21 ·
Puschkin or the voice of Wisdom:worship:

exactly,now he is n°8 in the world,he got a new statut he has to make the others respect him.
That was great to qualify for the TMC in shangai but it was a step to another level.The tough things begins NOW.
All these good opponents will see him differently I think.It will be tough cause he is the one to beat but richard will have to show he's not afraid of them and that he will do his job.Win matches.go!:drive:

#24 ·
Allez Richard!

Remember who's supposed to be the player to beat...:scratch:

#29 ·
Or use myp2p.eu, go to 'live sports' and click on tennis. It should have a few streams for different tournies.

#41 ·
Thanks. Hopefully it will work cos here they will only show the semies and final. :(

#38 ·
7/1/2008 Monday Centre Court

Matches Start at 11:00 AM

Sebastien Grosjean (FRA) vs Peter Luczak (AUS)

followed by

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) vs Dinara Safina (RUS)

followed by

James Blake (USA) vs Fabrice Santoro (FRA)

followed by

Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) vs Qualifier

followed by

Richard Gasquet (FRA) vs Igor Andreev (RUS)

#43 ·
Good luck Richard.

#44 ·
according to ATPtennis.com, Andreev has already won?

ATP, Davis Cup and Grand Slam Main Draw Results

2008 Sydney
Sydney, Australia Hard R32 Andreev
Stats
2007 Gstaad
Switzerland Clay Q Andreev 7-5 6-2
Stats
2006 Sydney
Australia Hard R32 Andreev 6-2 6-4
Stats
2005 RUS v. FRA WG Qtrs
Moscow, Russia Clay RR Gasquet 6-4 6-3 7-6(1)
2004 London / Queen's Club
England Grass R64 Andreev 7-6(4) 7-6(4)
Stats

#46 ·
lt's fixed like wrestling. :p

#47 ·
The match has started and he's started off well, the score is 5-2 to Richard. Shame I can't watch it, I'm just following live scores. I don't spose anyone has managed to find a live stream for Sydney, I can only find Auckland ones.

#48 ·
Channel 7 showed the tournament live until 5pm and then shifted to regular programming. None of the cable networks are also covering the event. I guess the attendance itself is pathetic. I want to Gasquet to win every tournament he participates this year. I'll be in Europe to cheer him. I'll go to Sydney too, just didn't know that he was playing today.

#58 ·
:scratch: :confused:I suppose there isn't a clear cut definition for what is and isn't a MM title. all I know is, all the tournies Richard has won so far are pretty shithouse.:shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.