Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where are we all from? Plus Where we have been

34K views 559 replies 55 participants last post by  Getta 
#1 · (Edited)
At Choupi's request and also as part of our ongoing learning processes. I have decided that we should pics from where we are from, and if someone has moved around like (some of us) then they can post places where they have or lived now.

This is not one of my own, but it's a good one of the city centre and the big bridge in Tromsø. I will have some more later.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Where are we all from?

I never recognize the flags! Maybe each of us could say what country and city we're from, and later go adding photos.
I'm Argentine (Irish ancestors), born in Buenos Aires, lived 10 years in England, and now live in Patagonia, in Bariloche, land of lakes, ski and snowboard.

#4 ·

Thanks for the link Sportyspice! Hehe, at least I can practice some German!!!! ;) It sounds great where you're living. :p

Ok I know I've asked for this thread and I still haven't posted any pic! Don't worry they'll come! It's just that I need some time to find the good ones and my job today seems to be willing to keep me away from it so... :confused:But promised, I'll post some as soon as possible! ;)

#5 ·

We did a similar thread to this over in David's Forum a few months ago, and it was a great success. I can't post photos now because, like Choupi, I'm at work and all my pics are on my home PC, but I'll try and find some nice ones of my tranquil corner of "little England" later on :) We're not far from London but it really is a world of cricket on the Village Green and country pubs here!

#6 ·

I live in Pottstown, Pennsylvania USA. It's very close to Philadelphia. I've lived in Douglassville, but that's pretty much the same as Pottstown. The population is about 22,000. It's nice because you are close the rural areas and close to the city as well. I'm attaching 2 pics- showing both the city and the woods......

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)

Alright....here are pics from my home state, Kentucky.

Attachments

#8 ·

Ok I'm back with a few links for you.

This one is for those who are interested in some tourism infos-sorry, the English version doesn't seem to be working...
http://www.sarreguemines.fr/
That's the town I'm working in, very close to the German border. I've lived there for 6 years.

This one is for those who, like me!, fall back into childhood in front of all those Christmas lights! It's been taken this year, so that's how our streets look like today! :p
http://marchenoel.sarreguemines.fr/SomChalet.htm

Promised, the pics are coming soon! ;)

#9 · (Edited)

Well it took some time but here they are! :D

Those are pics of Sarreguemines, the town I'm working in and where I've lived for 6 years. 25 000 inhabitants. Always in action and animation! I shall find some pics of our famous "Balla Balla" celebrations! It's for the Carnival! But those first ones are more traditional...Consider those to be the beginning of a series of illustrated reports! ;)

Attachments

#14 ·

Hey Joeb, sounds great! Very nice neighbourhood I should say! Well I'd love to post the same kind of pics here but right now, I don't have any! :confused: I'm working on it and as soon as I have some I'll post them, OK? ;)

#15 · (Edited)

Taysbest, what you take for a hotel is a restaurant in fact! A very good and famous one! We send some of our students there to train. Oh I've forgotten to tell I'm working in a professional highschool which trains future chefs and pastrycookers! Hehe... :D

#16 ·

OK- as promised - now I'm home from work - some pictures of my beloved "Middle England" :) The River Thames is the biggest landmark in my hometown as you will see, as most of these pictures feature it - it runs pretty much at the bottom of my garden!!!

Attachments

#19 ·

Choupi said:
Hey Rosie, I just love your area but I think you must already know that, as I must have told you before. especially the cottage! So typical. I love that! :p
Thanks Choupi, though I must admit I don't live in one of them myself! I'm in the modern part of town so my house is not unlike the ones in Joeb's photo. Not a thatched roof in sight!!!

#21 ·

Ah Strasbourg... :worship: I just love that town too though I haven't been there very often! But as I've been invited to go there... ;) I'm sure it won't take long before I go back again!!! Furthermore, we have the 1st round of the 2005 DC there so I'll go back there anyway! :p

#22 ·

Oh guys your pictures are terrific!! I love Rosies !! That house with the thatched roof is great!! There is a house about 10 minutes from here with one but it's a reproduction...it's great too look at!
The pic Choupi posted with the little bit of snow is beautiful!!

#24 · (Edited)

Great pictures everyone! One of my dreams is to travel around the world nonstop ;)... The furthest I've been is New York. It's hard for me to travel, very expensive so I had to make sacrifices! And the next place I'd like to visit is England; for some strange reason I love everything English!

Anyway, this is where I'm from. Caracas, capital city of Venezuela, crazy city around a mountain. I'll leave you some pictures of it here, together with some others of landscapes of my country. We have everything - mountains with snow, the highest waterfall in the world, beaches, a desert... (haha I feel like a tourism agent or something!)

If you want to know more, check: http://www.venezuelatuya.com/ . There's an English version there.

Attachments

#25 ·

Vale said:
I never recognize the flags! Maybe each of us could say what country and city we're from, and later go adding photos.
I'm Argentine (Irish ancestors), born in Buenos Aires, lived 10 years in England, and now live in Patagonia, in Bariloche, land of lakes, ski and snowboard.
That's a good idea for sure and we should mention the places as well. I am so jealous living in Patagonia.

#26 ·

GeorgeWHitler said:
That's a good idea for sure and we should mention the places as well. I am so jealous living in Patagonia.
So am I- I am a snow and mountains person myself. Adri - I love your photos of Venezuela - it looks beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.