Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grigor "Grisho" Dimitrov

572K views 5K replies 201 participants last post by  FedererBulgaria 
#1 · (Edited)
This bulgarian Prospect looks to be future 10 material.

Hes moving up the rankings nicely.

#2 ·
Re: Grigor Dimitrov

Well I trully agree with that and I hope it will come true soon. Bulgaria wants and awaits it's men tennis star from a long time. We only had one top 100 men tennis player so far in contrast to the female tennis with the Maleeva sisters, Tsveti, Sesil and others. I want it so badly too. This year I traveled to Plovdiv to see him in the Davis Cup matches and he plays just great tennis for his age. His onehand backhand is very good. Top 100 here we come. Haide.

#7 ·

Wow Grigor Must be favourite to win the Juniors now!!!!!!!!!
We can't say that for sure but he made incredible wins so far. Keep on going Grigor and make Bulgaria proud. Haide. :)

#8 ·

Hi all :wavey:

Eysseric just got beaten by Dimitrov :eek: It's hard to believe that's the same guy who took Andy Murrey to 5 sets only a week ago. This Dimitrov must be something special. I'll be glad if he storms man's tennis and makes a break-through this season, tennis needs some fresh faces. But I read somewhere Dimitrov was injury prone and had a chronic knee injury. Is this true? He's so young, 17-18 only, no.
Good luck, boy. Keep going. :)

#1,526 ·

Hi all :wavey:

Eysseric just got beaten by Dimitrov :eek: It's hard to believe that's the same guy who took Andy Murrey to 5 sets only a week ago. This Dimitrov must be something special. I'll be glad if he storms man's tennis and makes a break-through this season, tennis needs some fresh faces. But I read somewhere Dimitrov was injury prone and had a chronic knee injury. Is this true? He's so young, 17-18 only, no.
Good luck, boy. Keep going. :)
I just stumbled upon this post, which is on the first page of this thread and is from an year ago. Obviously his knee problems have been with him for at least a year now and who knows how long before that. I am curious where did "Aenea" read about this?

#11 ·

Really great result for him. :D Very happy for him, and glad he finally got a thread.

#14 ·

Sun shines on Dimitrov in Paris

Bulgaria’s Gregor Dimitrov seems to be the only person in Paris who appreciates the overcast skies and damp conditions that have been a feature of Roland Garros this year. The 14th seed in the boys’ competition certainly did not make heavy weather of French favourite Jonathan Eysseric on Wednesday, beating the former Junior World No.1 6-3, 6-4 to seal a place in the quarter-finals.

“I like France and Roland Garros is a really good tournament for me,” said Dimitrov. “I really like the people around and the organisation - I even like the weather – it’s really dark and raining and I love this weather. It’s the same as in England and I really like that – I can’t wait for Wimbledon!It’s been a good tournament for me so far, I’ve been playing some pretty good matches even though I actually started pretty bad in my first match,” said Dimitrov. “I think I’ve found a way to play on this court now. I’ve got all the small details right – the racquets, the strings – and now I really like it. I think I can play on a lot of surfaces, my favourites are fast courts like hard-courts and grass, but I really like this kind of clay because it’s possible to play aggressively on it. It's absolutely realistic for me to win the tournament. It’s normal for me and I expect that. I have been playing in Futures and other tournaments and playing with lots of confidence. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older. I think everything is just coming from my head. If my mind is clean, then it’s really good…I feel like I can express myself.”

#17 · (Edited)

Grigor is going to play versus the fifth seed Laurent Recouderc in the first round of the Bulgarian Open next week. If he reaches the 2nd round he would play either Ivan Cerovic from Croatia or another qualifier. Good Luck Grigor. :yeah:

#19 ·

A look at the draw of Bulgaria Open shows that Grigor Dimitrov has good chances to make a solid performance this week. Grigor is in the bottom half of the draw which means that he will avoid encounter at least to the final with may be the two most difficult opponents to defeat in the tournment - Mariano Puerta and Adrian Cruciat.Good luck Grisha :)

#20 ·

A look at the draw of Bulgaria Open shows that Grigor Dimitrov has good chances to make a solid performance this week. Grigor is in the bottom half of the draw which means that he will avoid encounter at least to the final with may be the two most difficult opponents to defeat in the tournment - Mariano Puerta and Adrian Cruciat.Good luck Grisha :)
744.(1049);) up 305 :worship:Good luck Grigor!

#23 ·
#26 ·

hm not ecpecially an easy first round against Igor,but everything is possible.Good luck Grisha.Wish u third round encounter with Gasquet.:)

#28 ·

I don't really expect him to win, but this will be a good experience for him. Do you best, Grigor. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.