Mens Tennis Forums banner

Frank Dancevic

199K views 3K replies 108 participants last post by  BethB 
#1 · (Edited)
Frank Dancevic (CAN) given Wild Card to London/Queen's Club

He beat Rusedski in the Quarters of Surbiton, and now he has a WC to a great event. I hope he does well.

#8 ·
summer 2007 pics of DANCEVIC

does anyone have some posts from indy-montreal of Frank Dancevic? i probably misssed the previous threads, can someone post those??? thanks, very much.

#20 ·
Congrats Frank! I'm a little late in posting this but:

Crowd favourite Frank Dancevic won the men’s singles title at The Surbiton Trophy on Sunday in an epic three set battle against Kevin Anderson.

Having lost the first set to the big serving South African, Dancevic fought back to record a 4-6 6-3 7-6(4) victory. The sell-out crowd enjoyed every minute of an enthralling contest which saw the 23 year-old Canadian finally overcome Anderson’s powerful game in a nail biting third set tie-break.
Dancevic, ranked No 111 in the world, has been a popular figure in Surbiton since his debut in 2004 when he defeated Greg Rusedski. After the final, the Niagara Falls native demonstrated why he is a much loved character at The Surbiton Trophy by staying on court for a further 30 minutes to hit with a group of young club players.
Dancevic follows in the footsteps of Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the 2008 Australian Open runner-up, who was victorious on the Surbiton Racket & Fitness Club’s grass courts last year. The right-hander will be hoping to build on this success when he travels to Wimbledon in a fortnight for The Championships.​

Fantastic result for Frank. Here was his draw:

Singles - First Round #111 (q)Frank Dancevic (CAN) d. #125 (7)Gilles Muller (LUX) 6-2 1-1 ret.
Singles - Second Round #111 (q)Frank Dancevic (CAN) d. #334 (WC)Alexander Slabinsky (GBR) 6-2 6-1
Singles - Quarterfinals #111 (q)Frank Dancevic (CAN) d. #166 Robert Smeets (AUS) 6-4 6-4
Singles - Semifinals #111 (q)Frank Dancevic (CAN) d. #131 (8)Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) 6-4 7-6(5)
Singles - Finals #111 (q)Frank Dancevic (CAN) d. #101 (5)Kevin Anderson (RSA) 4-6 6-3 7-6(4)

Let's hope he gets a decent Wimbledon draw and plays well.

Lookig mighty good Frank, glad the hair is grown out again. :worship:

#21 ·
Welcome back Frank, great win. That was my faverit tournament.
Now it's time to get up :zzz:

Good luck at all grass court tournament.
( Because, I love grass court :hatoff: )

#25 ·
Nalbandian and Dancevic are my 2 favourite players. I always support Frank apart from when he plays David (though in their match at Wimbledon last year I supported Frank in the 3rd set as I didn't want him to lose in straight sets). It will be a weird experience watching Frank play and not wanting him to win. Hopefully it will be a good match though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.