Mens Tennis Forums banner

2009 Schedule

5K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  soulage 
#1 · (Edited)
5.1: Doha (WC)
12.1: - (World Tennis Challenge exhibition)
19.1: Australian Open
2.2: Johannesburg
9.2: Rotterdam
16.2: Marseille
23.2: Acapulco
-
12.3: Indian Wells
25.3: Miami
13.4: Monte-Carlo
20.4: Barcelona
27.4: Rome
-
11.5: Madrid
-
25.5: French Open
8.6: Queen's
15.6: Eastbourne
22.6: Wimbledon
-
13.7: Stuttgart
20.7: Hamburg
-
3.8: Washington
10.8: Montreal
17.8: Cincinnati
-
31.8: US Open
18.9: Davis Cup
21.9: Metz
28.9: Kuala Lumpur
5.10: Tokyo
12.10: Shanghai
-
26.10: Vienna
2.11: Valencia
9.11: Bercy

See less See more
#2 ·
No Brisbane, he was one of the first players advertised on the website, but he's not in the entry list. :shrug: Either they want to focus on training with Rasheed or he will play the Hopman Cup with Alizé instead of Gilles Simon, I don't know.

He's supposed to play some lame exhibition (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=133976) the week before the Australian Open, so it means he wouldn't play any tournament before the AO? A bit strange since he will already spend a good part of December down under.

#4 ·
I can't believe they just forgot, the tournament organization was obviously expecting him to play, I guess they would have given a call to ask why he hasn't entered the list yet?

I hope it's not another sudden change and he's still working with Rasheed and going to Australia in December. I just saw an interview of Malisse who is training in Florida at the moment and says Murray and Monfils might join them soon.

#6 ·
I would bet that he wants to train the more he can before the AO with his australian coach and yeah perhaps play some matchs in that exebition.
I hope he wont play hopman cup cause I really want gilles to play there with alize.:)

#8 ·
It looks like he really just forgot to enter Brisbane, what an idiot. :eek:
Brisbane loses Gael Monfils in tennis mix-up
By Paul Malone - December 02, 2008 11:00pm

PLANS by French entertainer Gael Monfils to play next month's Brisbane International are in tatters after a failure to meet the entry deadline.
Monfils, who might well have been the men's third seed in Brisbane, told organisers last month he wanted to start his Australian Open campaign at the January 4-11 tournament.

But Brisbane tournament director Steve Ayles was left exasperated when the flamboyant world No. 14, who has recently changed agents, missed an entry deadline.

Ayles has promised one main draw wildcard to crowd-pleasing Marcos Baghdatis, the 2006 Australian Open runner-up who has dropped to No. 99 in an injury-hit year, and Tennis Australia is committed to giving the remaining two to Australian men.

"As it stands, he won't be playing and it's something that Gael regrets and his new agent regrets," Ayles said last night.

"His current agent and his former agent are blaming each other and Gael would still very much like to play our tournament.

"One thing that could get him a wildcard would be if Marcos decides he needs to play matches and says he wouldn't mind playing qualifying, but that's unlikely."

Without Monfils, who is unlikely to resort to entering Brisbane qualifying himself and has not entered either of the other ATP events in that week, the Brisbane International still has five top-20 men.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,20797,24743167-10389,00.html

He could play the qualies, it won't kill him, he already did in Bucharest.

#15 ·
Is there a rule, can't he play qualies with his ranking or something?
Apparently no since the article clearly mentionned he could have resorted to enter the qualies if he wanted too. Besides, I recall Gilles entered Casablanca qualies while he could have been the main draw second seed, had he applied on time.

#16 ·
I'm very curious to see how Gael's doing this year. I had the impression that he was sometimes very lucky with his draws last year. However, one can't climb up the rankings like that without playing good tennis. And he has the necessary talent for sure. I think between a YEC-qualification and a ranking between 40 and 50, everything's possible for Gael in 2009.

#18 ·
Yes it's the week before DC and the others frenchies are in Dubai or have rest but Acapulco is far away :confused: It's a good way to train for RG but maybe not the best for DC tie which is on hard court :angel: Well, maybe he thinks it's a problem to change surface and doing a long trip :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.