Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can Nole win all 4 majors?

Djokovic can win a Career Grand Slam?

17K views 173 replies 87 participants last post by  artilerist13 
#1 ·
What do you think? My theory is that Nole is good on all the surfaces and he could beat anyone anywhere?

1.Australian Open- he has already won it and he'll win it 2 more times
2.French Open- he can beat Federer on clay. His only problem is Nadal, but Rafa won't win RG every year until he retires and Nole would have a great chance. By the way, last year was his best chance- Rafa was out, but he lost to Kohlschreiber :eek: Nole also has the game for clay. He can make long rallies and the court in Paris is faster than any clay court
3.Wimbledon- this will be the hardest Slam for Nole. Rafa and Roger are beasts on grass, but I know there will be a year, where these two will not reach the finals and Nole also has the game to win The Championship. He only needs to improve his serve.
4.US Open- it will be pity if he doesn't win the tournament where he makes great appearances(4 consecutive SFs and 1 Final).

So, discuss. Isn't it logically?

#2 ·
You shouldn't have opened a thread about this because the chances of him winning it are incredibly high. He's a young player, has another 10 years AT LEAST, to go, with that said, he has an ample amount of chances, even if he doesn't win it this year.

#3 ·
Yes, perfectly logical for someone who has one slam to his name. It's the right time to talk about career grand slam :yeah:

#15 ·
Really? I thought it took him over 2 years to make another GS final or is making quarters relevant for actually winning slams?

Seriously, the level of intelligence in GM is dropping so rapidly, it's hitting single digits by now.

#11 ·
OP: Nole already made 2 USO finals! ;)

I agree with you, Wimbly is the toughest to win, he is not the prince of grass, and there are many players who can beat him as of now. Maybe when Federer retires, things will be different.

#12 ·
Well considering he is still young yes..However imo if Novak wins a career GS then it will diminish its prestige & the tour/ experts would have to find other ways to judge greatness, because a career GS would be too common place.

#16 ·
Well considering he is still young yes..However imo if Novak wins a career GS then it will diminish its prestige & the tour/ experts would have to find other ways to judge greatness, because a career GS would be too common place.
:D Yes, but if he gets closer to Edberg and Becker's 6 Slams + winning 15+ Masters Series titles, he could be called "one of the greatest", but never the GOAT. He'll have to walk a loooooong road.

How Nole may have lost so many consecutive MS Finals. :mad: He should have won 7-8, instead of only 5. :(

#14 ·
Djokovic has three things in his way.

Number one: Andy Murray, Rafael Nadull and Roger Federer. With these three playing, he has absolutely zero chance of winning a slam. That Australian Open victory was a stroke of luck for the Serbian. Had Federer not have been infected with mono, he would have lost that match.

Number two: His fitness isn't exactly great. His breathing problems can have a big effect on his matches, and he's retired from three of the four grand slams.

Number three: Is he really good enough to win any more grand slams. Most of the matches I've seen him play have been pretty bad quality and he's been far from great in each.

#18 ·
Djokovic has three things in his way.

Number one: Andy Murray, Rafael Nadull and Roger Federer. With these three playing, he has absolutely zero chance of winning a slam. That Australian Open victory was a stroke of luck for the Serbian. Had Federer not have been infected with mono, he would have lost that match.
[...]

Number three: Is he really good enough to win any more grand slams. Most of the matches I've seen him play have been pretty bad quality and he's been far from great in each.
:haha:

Thanks again for the laugh, young Scot.

#25 ·
But doesn't it depend on his first 3-4 matches? In Melbourne 2008, he reached the Final without dropping a set. He also reached 2 more Finals and usually he doesn't have so big problems in the 1st week.

#33 ·
Planet Funk = I may need to bad rep you again. And when I thought you may have grown up a bit. :smash:

Of course he can, he has talent in spades for that. The question is: will he?

#36 ·
Planet Funk = I may need to bad rep you again.
And? :scratch:
And when I thought you may have grown up a bit. :smash:
What?
I'm just posting what I think.
Djokovic is not good enough to win the career grand slam.
Of course he can, he has talent in spades for that. The question is: will he?
No, he can't :lol:
It doesn't just take talent to win the career grand slam, otherwise Murray would have won it already.
No, you need to be extremely fit and you need to be extremely good to win the career grand slam.
Djokovic can't even win a masters tournament these days, let alone the career grand slam :lol:

No, he won't.

#37 ·
He probably has the game to succeed at all the slams but as you say, Wimbledon will be the hardest to come by. I don't think he will do it though - especially while Fedal are still around. When Federer retires it will be interesting to see what kind of rivalry will develop between himself and Murray at the slams. I feel those matches really could go either way.

With the competition he has, there is a big question mark over whether he will go on to win multiple slams, let alone the career grand slam. He has the talent and the skills, but a CGS is not easy to come by and a lot of things will have to fall in place for him in order for it to happen. To be honest though, I think it's only right to talk about the possibility of him achieving it if he wins another slam - otherwise these discussions are premature.

#53 ·
He probably has the game to succeed at all the slams but as you say, Wimbledon will be the hardest to come by. I don't think he will do it though - especially while Fedal are still around. When Federer retires it will be interesting to see what kind of rivalry will develop between himself and Murray at the slams. I feel those matches really could go either way.
His game is vastly overrated to the extent were it's ridiculous. His game can win him a slam, maybe even two, but four? No.
Wimbledon will be near impossible for him to win, considering he isn't even in the top five grass players presently.
Murray is unequivocally the better grass court player. Their matches will not be as close as some people foolishly claim. Murray will win most, if not all of their matches on grass. Wimbledon matches will not be much different. Murray will win most of them.

With the competition he has, there is a big question mark over whether he will go on to win multiple slams, let alone the career grand slam. He has the talent and the skills, but a CGS is not easy to come by and a lot of things will have to fall in place for him in order for it to happen. To be honest though, I think it's only right to talk about the possibility of him achieving it if he wins another slam - otherwise these discussions are premature.
With the competition has, there is without a doubt, almost a zero percent chance that Djokovic will win a slam.
His "talent" and "skills" are the same as most other players, except just slightly better. There is nothing exceptional about him. He doesn't have an outstanding game at all.
He'll be lucky to win a second slam, let alone the career grand slam.

Nole will win 2 slams maybe 3 if he is lucky. He will win the Us Open and maybe one more Aussie. He really doesn't have what it takes. He is a great guy, great player but not a great champion
He'll be lucky to win another slam.
His game is far from outstanding. In fact, if you watched his game without knowing he had won a slam, you'd think he was just another top 10 player, which nowadays, he is.
Yes he is capable of wining all 4 but I don't think he will.
He is not capable with the current game and results he has.
His results are very poor for a top three player.
Only other top player who has had a poorer season who should've had a better one is Murray, but he has two masters titles, while Djokovic has zero.
His number three ranking has been kept because of very poor opponents, easy draw and chokers.
If two certain opponents didn't choke so incredibly, two of Djokovic's grand slam results would've been first round losses, and he would've ended the year ranked number five, where he should be.
Let's just wait and see if he can win his 2nd slam first, shall we? Cause at the moment, he can't even win a MS. Let alone a Slam.
Finally, some sense in this nonsensical thread.

#38 ·
Nole will win 2 slams maybe 3 if he is lucky. He will win the Us Open and maybe one more Aussie. He really doesn't have what it takes. He is a great guy, great player but not a great champion

#40 ·
His main problem is regularity and his mind, I honestly think he's the best player on clay without Rafa.
His game is good from all sides, so he's the tennis but that is not a guarantee of success... actually I used to think the same about Gasquet and sadly he may retire without any GS:(
At the moment he's got 1 GS, 2 more finals and 1 WTF, so the kids gotta be good :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.