Not open for further replies.

USO Final: Murray beats Djokovic 7-6(10) 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2

94K views 984 replies 340 participants last post by  zdravkelja 
#1 ·
Murray confirms his place as one of the greats of the modern game

Well done Andy.

What a summer for British sport.

#2 ·
I'll start with congratulations Andy Murray.

That final was absolutely dire, though IMO.

Endless baseline rallies, with unimpressive depth and width throughout. Occasionally Murray's BH had good depth but that was pretty much it, as well as some clutch serving. Most times either went for a line, they missed but about a metre. Just rally after rally of ground strokes up the middle, bouncing around the service line until someone missed. Unable to generate any real pace, either of them. Unimpressed.

But congrats, Andy. :)

#111 ·
Re: US OPEN F: [3] Murray defeats [2] Djokovic 76 75 26 36 62

give them a break. the weather was shit will all the wind.
he's a champ now and fully deserves it. Novak had momentum after set four, failed to capitalize or couldn't, since he started to cramp. Muzza was perfect at 3-2. From then on it was one-way street.

If anyone had to beat Djokovic in a final, I am glad it was Murray. Now we have a serious 2013 ahead of us, if everyone stays healthy.

and stuff all the haters here am really sick of your pointless posts. this used to be a good forum.

night.

Reactions: decrepitude
#84 ·
You're far too invested in this board if that's the first thing you think of after watching a slam final.

I don't get the hate for Nole Fan, she seems like a cool, down to earth girl and she's easy on the eyes as well, I might add.

Happy for Murray. This was a long time coming and very well deserved. Great to see 4 different slam winners for the first time in ages. Much respect. :hatoff:

#7 · (Edited)
Finally!

EDIT: Conditions really tipped the tight balance here. Djoko is normally more secure breaking open their grinding points, but the wind made that riskier enough to matter. At least 50% of their points had to consist of mid-pace points well away from the lines and Murray is a master of drawing the error in those kind of rallies. Good on him to adjust as soon as Nole adjusted and add pace or spin or angle where needed. Even when he lost games and sets he and the wind had still worn Nole down by the 5th.

This post has been deleted
#588 ·
Re: USO Final 2012: Andy Murray defeats Novak Djokovic 7-6 7-5 2-6 3-6 6-2

• [*]Why the f**k didnt Murray play like this at Wimbledon

[*]Why the f**k didnt Djokovic play like this at the AO and last years US Open

• Djokovic looks pissed that's he's not the crowd favourite even against Murray

• Fraduerer will fall in the indoor season

• Murray won a slam :cool: :sport:
Murray played better at Wimbledon. Be prepared to be wrong again.

#720 ·
#12 ·

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

#18 ·
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

#19 ·

congrats to Murray and his fans

finally he got the monkey of his back

shit final, tennis is becoming more and more boring with matches like this

#21 ·
I don't like Murray but congrats man. I am sure it means a big deal for him and his family. I didn't want him to win but I am surprisingly happy for him. It is awfully tough to work so hard and not get your goal. He got it.

#23 ·

Well done Murray. Nole is the opposite of 2011 where he loses all the important matches.

Special congrats to Sapeod who (correctly) predicted Murray will win CYGS in 2013

#64 ·

Well done Murray. Nole is the opposite of 2011 where he loses all the important matches.

Special congrats to Sapeod who (correctly) predicted Murray will win CYGS in 2013
Indeed. CYGS is a guarantee. I am placing my bets now. Too good with predictions, this Sapeod...

#24 ·

What guts. Amazing heart to stay composed after losing the two set lead.

Now all the haters can shut the fuck up.

Murray, you animal. First of many, I hope.

Reactions: selyoink
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.