Mens Tennis Forums banner

~ * ~ The "Welcome to bright Vienna" Erste Bank Open 2011 Cheering Thread

32K views 411 replies 22 participants last post by  Happiness 
#1 · (Edited)
Tommy is already preparing his Pre-Season in Reunion Islands aiming for good results at next year's Australian Open. ANEM TOMMY!!! A PER TOTES EN SAINT-DENIS!!! :D

#2 · (Edited)
Re: ~* ~The "Allez, Allez Tommy!!!" Pre-Season 2011 Cheering Thread

OPEN DU BOTC 2011 ORDER OF PLAY:

ROUND 1, Wednesday 1 December 2010:

17h45
Josselin Ouanna (Lagardère Paris Racing, No.158 ATP) vs Clément Maas (Villa Primrose, -2/6)
19h30
Nicolas Mahut (Tennis Club de Paris, No.133 ATP) vs Paul-Henri Teyssedre (TC Grasse, 0)

QUARTER-FINALS, Thursday 2 December 2010:

17h45
David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP) vs Frédéric Lajouane (TCMT, 0)
17h45
Benoît Paire (Villa Primrose, No.152 ATP) vs Pierre-Antoine Delmas (Blagnac Tennis Club, 1/6)
19h30
Adrian Mannarino (Boulogne Billancourt, No.83 ATP) vs winner Mahut/Teyssedre
19h30
Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP) vs winner Ouanna/Maas

SEMI-FINALS, Friday 3 December 2010:

17h45
Top of the Draw
19h30
Bottom of the Draw

FINAL, Saturday 4 December 2010:

16h00

#3 · (Edited)
Re: ~ * ~The "Allez, Allez Tommy!!!" Pre-Season 2011 Cheering Thread ~ * ~

OPEN DU BOTC 2011 RESULTS:

ROUND 1, Wednesday 1 December 2010:

17h45
Josselin Ouanna (Lagardère Paris Racing, No.158 ATP) vs Clément Maas (Villa Primrose, -2/6): 6-1; 6-2
19h30
Nicolas Mahut (Tennis Club de Paris, No.133 ATP) vs Paul-Henri Teyssedre (TC Grasse, 0): 6-2; 6-1

#4 · (Edited)

17h45
David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP) vs Frédéric Lajouane (TCMT, 0)
17h45
Benoît Paire (Villa Primrose, No.152 ATP) vs Pierre-Antoine Delmas (Blagnac Tennis Club, 1/6)
19h30
Adrian Mannarino (Boulogne Billancourt, No.83 ATP) vs Nicolas Mahut (Tennis Club de Paris, No.133 ATP)
19h30
Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP) vs Josselin Ouanna (Lagardère Paris Racing, No.158 ATP)

#6 ·

17h45
David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP) vs Frédéric Lajouane (TCMT, 0): 6-2;6-0
17h45
Benoît Paire (Villa Primrose, No.152 ATP) vs Pierre-Antoine Delmas (Blagnac Tennis Club, 1/6): 6-1; 6-0
19h30
Adrian Mannarino (Boulogne Billancourt, No.83 ATP) vs Nicolas Mahut (Tennis Club de Paris, No.133 ATP): 4-6; 2-6
19h30
Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP) vs Josselin Ouanna (Lagardère Paris Racing, No.158 ATP): 7-5; 6-3

#7 ·

17h45
Nicolas Mahut (Tennis Club de Paris, No.133 ATP) vs David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP)
17h45
Benoît Paire (Villa Primrose, No.152 ATP) vs Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP)

#8 ·

THis is good news. Only the seeded ATP players are left as expected and Tommy is back to playing competitively. Small steps chico - "put one foot in front of the other......and soon you'll be walkin' out the door" (from a song for kids :) )

#9 · (Edited)

THis is good news. Only the seeded ATP players are left as expected and Tommy is back to playing competitively. Small steps chico - "put one foot in front of the other......and soon you'll be walkin' out the door" (from a song for kids :) )
Let's see what he can come up with. Hopefully he can win it and that gives him an extra boost! ;)

I know that expression well and that's the spirit! Small baby steps can lead to a huge one!!! :D

#10 ·

17h45
Nicolas Mahut (Tennis Club de Paris, No.133 ATP) vs David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP): 3-5; retirement
17h45
Benoît Paire (Villa Primrose, No.152 ATP) vs Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP): 3-6; 1-6

#11 ·

16h00
David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP) vs Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP)

#12 · (Edited)

Enhorabona per l'Open du BOTC Tommy!!! Que aquest sigui el primer de molts trofeus en la pròxima Temporada!!! :worship:

16h00
David Guez (TC Marignanais, No.169 ATP) vs Tommy Robredo (ESP, No.50 ATP): 0-6; 4-6

#13 ·

Did he win or lose Fati? Can't tell from the score but I think your message says "may it be one of the first trophies of the coming season :confused: Actually looks like he lost from the way the score is posted.

#14 ·

Did he win or lose Fati? Can't tell from the score but I think your message says "may it be one of the first trophies of the coming season :confused: Actually looks like he lost from the way the score is posted.
Sorry Ariel :p

Tommy won 6-0, 6-4. And your translation from Catalan is perfect ;)

#18 ·

Nice way for Tommy to end his "off" year. Looking forward to seeing him at Hopman Cup and Auckland.
It's more like his Pre-Season already :)

Sorry to disappoint you sweetie, but the first official tournament of the season for Tommy is Heineken Open in Auckland. No Hopman Cup for Spain this year :(

#17 ·

Thanks Happiness (Fati?) for keeping us up to date with this - and the Catalan lesson too ;)

I am so pleased for Tommy, as to be honest, 2010 was a horrid season for him. I really hope this gives him confidence for the upcoming 2011 season and proves that he's over his back trouble. VAMOS Tommy!!!

He is a very much under-rated player (like Ferru and JCF) who is playing at the same time as Rafa and Roger - not easy...

Hmmm - he's finally!!! written on his website about training in the Reunion Islands (OK I had to Google where they were) - nice place!

I really like it that he writes in Spanish, Catalan and English, sweetie!

#19 · (Edited)

Thanks Happiness (Fati?) for keeping us up to date with this - and the Catalan lesson too ;)

I am so pleased for Tommy, as to be honest, 2010 was a horrid season for him. I really hope this gives him confidence for the upcoming 2011 season and proves that he's over his back trouble. VAMOS Tommy!!!

He is a very much under-rated player (like Ferru and JCF) who is playing at the same time as Rafa and Roger - not easy...

Hmmm - he's finally!!! written on his website about training in the Reunion Islands (OK I had to Google where they were) - nice place!

I really like it that he writes in Spanish, Catalan and English, sweetie!
You can call me Fáti, like all my friends Carol ;)

Catalan is getting easier on me now, even if I can't speak, because it sounds totally different than what's written :lol:

Like Tommy said, when he was the first time in Open du BOTC (2003) his next Season was very good (2004), he's hopeful that may happen next year as well :D

Tommy knows that his fans like him and he always makes an effort to give them what they want :)

#23 ·

They win too often :haha:
Loved it Gaby :worship:

I guess that's the main reason :lol:

Other countries are afraid of competition :rolleyes:

#24 ·

I was really surprised to see Spain's not competing this year... I mean, they are the title defender!

#26 ·

I was really surprised to see Spain's not competing this year... I mean, they are the title defender!
Great to see Tommy had such a good pre-season start :bounce: :bounce:
Hope it will continue like this into the new year :worship:

And I am also really shocked they didn´t invite Spain to play the Hopman Cup :eek: But I also guess Gaby is right with her theory....strange really!
First is always nice to see you girls around :hug:

I agree with you both. I have no idea why they didn't at least gave a chance to Spain, since they're the defending champions :shrug:

I'm sure Tommy will be even more motivated after this title :)

Hope he can rest now for some days and keep practising hard in Mauritian Islands for next week Bilbao's Master :D

#25 ·

Great to see Tommy had such a good pre-season start :bounce: :bounce:
Hope it will continue like this into the new year :worship:

And I am also really shocked they didn´t invite Spain to play the Hopman Cup :eek: But I also guess Gaby is right with her theory....strange really!

#27 · (Edited)
Re: ~ * ~The "Txapela Tommy jartzen du!!!" Pre-Season 2011 Cheering Thread ~ * ~

There are far too many updates to post (and no time lately to do it). Tomorrow hopefully I'll do them. So be patient and bear with me until then ladies :wavey:

In the mean time the good news are that Tommy's on another final (even if that means David Ferrer had withdraw with an arm injury today in Bilbao :()!!! TOMMY GOAZ!!! ;)

#28 ·
Re: ~ * ~The "Txapela Tommy jartzen du!!!" Pre-Season 2011 Cheering Thread ~ * ~

Go for it Tommy!!! To win would be a very nice Christmas pressie and a welcome pre-season boost!
I hope David's shoulder isn't serious (he's been very lucky with few injuries this year though)

#29 ·

He won it! :banana: There's another new blog post on his website anouncing the win... and he left his coach! Not sure what happened there, but I can't say I'm sad about it... Of course I don't know the man, but I never got a good vibe off him

#30 ·

He won it! :banana: There's another new blog post on his website anouncing the win... and he left his coach! Not sure what happened there, but I can't say I'm sad about it... Of course I don't know the man, but I never got a good vibe off him
So happy he won the Bilbao final :bounce: :bounce:

And I also have to say I like the news about breaking up with his coach :) I am sure 2011 will be a much better season for Tommy than 2010 was!

#32 ·

All I can do is echo what all of you have said. Great news that he won Bilbao and that he's splitting from that fatso of a coach. He's cleaning house and things can only get better from here. :)

VAMOS TOMMY IN 2011.

#34 ·

Complete draw for Auckland:

(1) FERRER - bye
Q - (SE) Kamke
Q - Granollers
Berlocq - (8) KOHLSCHREIBER

(4) MONTANES - bye
Giraldo - Gimeno-Traver
(WC) Venus - Robredo
Q - (7) BELLUCCI

(6) NALBANDIAN - Fognini
De Bakker - Petzschner
Haase - Cuevas
bye - (3) ISNER

(5) MONACO - Q
(WC) Clement - Malisse
Hanescu - Anderson
bye - (2) (WC) ALMAGRO

He's also playing doubles with Marcel Granollers :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.