(1) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP vs. ELSENEER, Gilles BEL
ARTHURS, Wayne AUS vs. (WC) MACKIN, Alan GBR
(WC) KENNAUGH, Andrew GBR vs. DELIC, Amer USA
SA, Andre BRA vs. (7) KUBOT, Lukasz POL

(2) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO vs. BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA
NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN vs. PARMAR, Arvind GBR
SELA, Dudi ISR vs. DUPUIS, Antony FRA
BOZOLJAC, Ilia SCG vs. (8) FALLA, Alejandro COL

(alt) Stakhovsky, Sergiy UKR vs. PEQUERY, Jean-Michel FRA [Stakhovsky replaces (3) LLODRA, Michael FRA]
(WC) LEE, Martin GBR vs. BURGSMULLER, Lars GER
HEALEY, Nathan AUS vs. FRUTTERO, John Paul USA
MORRISON, Jeff USA vs. (5) BERRER, Michael GER

(4) CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI vs. VICO, Uros ITA
GUCCIONE, Chris AUS vs. SIMMONDS, Phillip USA
JENKINS, Scoville USA vs. WITTEN, Jesse USA
(WC) BLOOMFIELD, Richard GBR vs. (6) DANCEVIC, Frank CAN

See less See more
#2 ·
Good Luck Paul Capdeville!!!!

#5 · (Edited)
That first quarter is brutal. Verdasco, Arthurs, Sa (former Wimbledon quarterfinalist) and Elseneer (40+ matches won on grass in his career). Good luck to Lucasz but it won't be easy :(. Still a good chance to get used to the grass before the Wimbledon qualies.

#7 · (Edited)
Shotgun Blues said:
Btw, if the qualies start tomorrow, how is Wayno playing it, since he's in the SF of Surbiton? :scratch:
Well Surbiton isn't that far from Queens Club. I think one could make it from one to the other by car in around 45 minutes or so. Looking at the two orders of play I would say he's cutting it fine but if his 2nd match at Queen's finishes quickly he just might pull it off. Otherwise I guess Arthurs will default in Surbiton and Moodie will have a free pass to the final.

I should add if Arthurs can pull it off and win 3 matches in two places over one day it would be pretty impressive for a 35 year old.

#9 ·
m-j-d said:
So last year's finalist Ivo Karlovic has to qualify while Lopez (who could have entered into MD), Fish (who is now 2nd Alt) and - Philippousis (Mr Wildcard himself) all get wildcards - isnt that amazing?
Just guessing but it is possible Karlovic chose to enter qualifying so as to get a couple of matches under his belt before starting the main draw.

#11 ·
Chris Seahorse said:
Well Surbiton isn't that far from Queens Club. I think one could make it from one to the other by car in around 45 minutes or so. Looking at the two orders of play I would say he's cutting it fine but if his 2nd match at Queen's finishes quickly he just might pull it off. Otherwise I guess Arthurs will default in Surbiton and Moodie will have a free pass to the final.

I should add if Arthurs can pull it off and win 3 matches in two places over one day it would be pretty impressive for a 35 year old.
Yeah, I agree. I think that guys like Arthurs and Moodie got so fed up with the clay season that now that the grass season arrived, they just want to play as much as they can.

#13 ·
Shotgun Blues said:
Btw, if the qualies start tomorrow, how is Wayno playing it, since he's in the SF of Surbiton? :scratch:
2006 ATP Official Rulebook:
B. Exception:
A player who has lost in a Tournament may enter the qualifying for a Tournament scheduled for the next week. The Supervisor may authorize a player who is still competing in the main draw of a Tournament in singles and/or doubles to enter the qualifying for the next week's ATP and Challenger Series Tournaments provided that no special scheduling by either Tournament shall be required. In the event of a conflict, he shall be defaulted from such qualifying so as to compete in the singles and/or doubles of the main draw Tournament in which he is competing. In addition, if the player does not appear for play as scheduled, there shall be an automatic fine.

#16 · (Edited)
Shotgun Blues said:
Thanks smucav.
He must have thought about it, otherwise he wouldn't have signed in at QC at all. He probably requested the first match on & if he wins could play his second match on the first court available & then take off for the challenger match. (Regardless of the "special scheduling" language in the rulebook, the ATP is fairly accomodating in these situations & will probably try to help him get to where he's supposed to be rather than having to default the challenger & get fined.)

The other times I've seen this happen it was the other way around: challenger match in the morning, then qualifying match at the other tournament the last match of the day. Playing qualifying rounds in one day makes it a little more complicated.

#17 ·
Gooo KENNAUGH!!!!! Bloomers and Jeff :D

#20 ·
Mmmmm, what a lineup!! :) Have to go now.

#23 ·
good luck:

VERDASCO, Fernando ESP :D
KENNAUGH, Andrew GBR
DELIC, Amer USA
KUBOT, Lukasz POL
BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA
NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN
PARMAR, Arvind GBR
:worship: SELA, Dudi ISR :worship:
BOZOLJAC, Ilia SCG :D
FALLA, Alejandro COL
PEQUERY, Jean-Michel FRA
BURGSMULLER, Lars GER
WITTEN, Jesse USA
:worship: BLOOMFIELD, Richard GBR :worship:
DANCEVIC, Frank CAN :D

man, I wish I could go to qualifying for this tournament. so many great players. and people said Halle has a better field?

#25 ·
Look at this draw and then look at the one of Halle... :lol:

Go Amer! :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.