Mens Tennis Forums banner

It's not too much to ask the mind & body to work at the same time is it? HC Thread

17K views 151 replies 20 participants last post by  arodfanpe666o 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Re: Can Andy Stay Healthy for More Than 1 Week? HC Thread

^^ He suffered a knee injury at Shanghai Masters in 2009.

Usually, when Andy's had a long layoff, he tends to become jumpy, eager, and hyper aggressive in his first tennis match (think 2008 US Open vs Santoro when he blew Fabrice off the court in the first round; Fabrice took the loss personally).

I'm hoping we'll see something like that in Cincy. :cool: and especially against Kohlschreiber :devil:

#9 ·

I can't find a stream! Can anyone help? :sadface:

#10 ·

Doesn't matter they've all suddenly appeared :D

#11 ·

:yeah:

#12 ·

Is there a live stream somewhere? I'm so out of the loop these days.

#13 ·

i'm watching on espn3.com

#14 ·

Thanks... doesn't sound like I want to watch anyway. I don't have that option right now and the scoreboard is apparently frozen.

#15 ·

no you don't :haha:

#16 ·

Oh dear.

#17 ·

byebye top 16 USO Seed. l. o. l.

#20 ·
Re: The Physical heath is irrelevant when the brain's 100% AWOL HC thread :help:

he'll drop out of the top 20 next week.

#21 ·
Re: The Physical heath is irrelevant when the brain's 100% AWOL HC thread :help:

now that i didn't know. sucks, but unsurprising, it was only a matter of time. i hope he's able to salvage the rest of the year... uh, somehow.

i almost want him and serena to pair up for mixed doubles at the uso. :eek: have some fun and some wins. it'd be practice for the olympics together, too, at least. (that is, i think they're still going to be usa's mixed team?)

#23 ·

“For two sets tonight I actually hit the ball well considering. I hit the ball a lot better than I thought I would, if I'm being totally candid,” said Roddick, who had been hampered by an abdominal injury in recent weeks. “I probably will wake up tomorrow morning feeling a little bit better about where I'm at than I did when I woke up this morning. I'm not that concerned about New York right now.

“I got to get to Winston Salem and try to get a couple matches. That's it. For me it's silly to think about New York yet. Obviously if I go and win Winston Salem then it's a different ballgame, or final of Winston Salem it's a different ballgame. So a lot can change in a matter of two weeks.”
And yet he is happy with himself.:eek::eek: I'm speachles===

#24 ·

He'll be fine. It's all about how he does in New York and since we know the USTA rigs the draw anyways...I think they'll hook him up.

#25 ·

He'll be fine. It's all about how he does in New York and since we know the USTA rigs the draw anyways...I think they'll hook him up.
In New York he will somehow get to 3rd round, where he'll be crushed in straights by someone top 30. Because of his ranking he will get seeded players in third round. I can not see him reachig quarters in a Slam.

#26 · (Edited)

Things are so ass backward, so up and down (not a lot of up ) i feel like he could lose 1st round in the next and go to the final in the one after that.

It's becoming harder and harder to publicly support him...
i always will but i cannot say i have watched more than 1 whole match of his this year, the lowest count in 8 years:(

Maybe if i had T.V I'd watch more but, more often than not i ignore the live play because I'm not into drama.
Andy got me to become interested in tennis, now i don't watch because he may disinterest me in it:tears:

I do have to say, he is preping us for retirement quite well in this fashion.
The bastard.

#28 ·

Things are so ass backward, so up and down (not a lot of up ) i feel like he could lose 1st round in the next and go to the final in the one after that.

It's becoming harder and harder to publicly support him...
i always will but i cannot say i have watched more than 1 whole match of his this year, the lowest count in 8 years:(

Maybe if i had T.V I'd watch more but, more often than not i ignore the live play because I'm not into drama.
Andy got me to become interested in tennis, now i don't watch because he may disinterest me in it:tears:

I do have to say, he is preping us for retirement quite well in this fashion.
The bastard.
I'm exactly the same! But I don't think i'll become disinterested if he continues this way, I have too many favourites to support. It was Andy that really got me into tennis though, I found his game exciting, his explosive serve was fun to watch and his personality was great. He appeared on a Chat Show in the UK and I found him hilarious. I was ten when he won the US Open and I was never around when he was in his prime, which makes me sad :sad:. I'm only 18 and i've never suffered one of my favourites retiring. Literally top of things I MUST do is to see Andy play live before he retires. I really hope I can. I really hope he gets his head right soon, too... and buys some socks.

:)

#27 ·

On a superficial note: The uh- apparel is not good nor helping. That damn ugly shirt of his making & those ridiculous socks. I don't think he's played decently once without ankle support. :aplot:

#29 ·

How he does in next week's tourney could tell us alot about how he'll perform at the USO. If he does lose before the second week again...my guess is that there will be a coaching change in the off season, and for us fans...that's a good thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.