~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUDI

See less See more
Reactions: Maia
#5 ·
Dudi is back after a long long break:

Australia F2 Futures Australia
FU 22 Feb 2005 to 27 Feb 2005 Entry : DA Hard (I)
32 W Luke BOURGEOIS (AUS) 6-2 6-3
16 W Steven GOH (AUS) 6-3 6-1
QF W Adam CHADAJ (POL) 6-3 2-6 6-1
SF W Jaymon CRABB (AUS) 6-2 6-3
FR W Sadik KADIR (AUS) 6-1 6-1

Australia F1 Futures Australia
FU 15 Feb 2005 to 20 Feb 2005 Entry : DA Hard (I)
32 L Vince MELLINO (AUS) 2-6 2-6

Tasmania Challenger Australia
CH 07 Feb 2005 to 13 Feb 2005 Entry : DA Hard (I)
32 W Andrew COELHO (AUS) 6-2 6-2
16 W Ivo KLEC (GER) 6-1 6-2
QF W Vasilis MAZARAKIS (GRE) 6-7(6) 7-6(6) 6-3
SF L Gouichi MOTOMURA (JPN) 3-6 7-6(4) 5-7

#6 ·
This week:

Shimadzu All Japan Indoor Tennis $25,000+H

R1 Dudi Sela (ISR) d. Victor Bruthans (SVK) 6-1 6-4
R2 Dudi Sela (ISR) def. (1)Michal Tabara (CZE) 6-7 6-2 6-4

#10 ·
After winning the challenger of Vancouver, Dudi is the no. 158 of the world!

#17 ·
ISRAEL v SERBIA-MONTENEGRO
Venue: Ramat Hasharon, Israel (hard – outdoors)

Dudi Sela (ISR) v Janko Tipsarevic (SCG)
Noam Okun (ISR) v Novak Djokovic (SCG)
Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram (ISR) v Ilija Bozoljac/Viktor Troicki (SCG)
Dudi Sela (ISR) v Novak Djokovic (SCG)
Noam Okum (ISR) v Janko Tipsarevic (SCG)

#20 ·
physics said:
Dudi Sela was sitting right in front of me at the 2005 US open Qualies, watching Noam Okun. I think he's smaller than his official numbers, he's probably about 5'7'' and weighs 130 pounds. Dudi is so small, it's amazing how he can hang in with some of the big dogs.
And Noam is a big dude! They support each other. When I was in Montreal, Andy Ram went to watch Noam's first round.

#25 ·
Good start for Dudi this year. He's just won his 3rd qualy round at the Australian Open. The 2nd Slam ever for Dudi!

#26 ·
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2007-01-15/200701151168850028812.html

Duty comes first
by Angus Morgan
Monday, 15 January, 2007

As if trying to get established on the world tennis Tour is not tough enough, imagine having to juggle your responsibilities as a citizen by completing national service at the same time.

That's the task that confronts the Israeli players on Tour and, judging by their first round results on Monday at Australian Open 2007, their civic duties have been a positive influence on two of the four Israelis competing at Melbourne Park, journeyman Dudi Sela and women's No.16 seed Shahar Peer.

Competing in just his second Grand Slam tournament, Sela, who finished 2006 at No.240 in the men's rankings, summarily disposed of No.53-ranked Paradorn Srichapan of Thailand, while Peer completed a regulation 6-1 6-3 first round victory over Romina Oprandi of Italy.

In his only other Grand Slam tournament appearance at the 2005 French Open, Sela had the misfortune to be drawn to play Roger Federer, someone the 21-year-old describes as 'Superman, not a tennis player'.

Needless to say, Sela's stay at Roland Garros was short - he went out in straight sets 6-1 6-4 6-0 - but 20 months on, the modest and quietly-spoken Sela made the most of his second chance against Srichapan on a surface he enjoys.

"I played solid and every point I played the same," Sela said of his victory.

"I think he was injured a little bit in his wrist. I tried to play long points because I could see that he was not at his best."

"Last year I was injured for four months with a broken elbow so my ranking dropped, but I am looking to get into the top 100, that's my next aim."

Like all Israeli citizens, Sela was required to complete his basic military training as soon as he turned 18, but as an elite athlete, he had the option of entering a community service program as an alternative to military service.

He only recently completed his compulsory three-year stint, putting-in 100-hours of work annually with schoolchildren and disabled athletes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.