Mens Tennis Forums banner

Davis Cup

37K views 566 replies 74 participants last post by  Edda 
#1 ·
Nearly DC semi's time

How does everyone think Juanqui will do in the Davis Cup?
I think he should win his matches (let's hope he is fully fit), DC usually seems to bring out the best in him.

#180 ·
actually... maybe Feli, Fernando, Tommy and JC should all just shove it at the captains and quit DC?

Feli, Fer, Tommy >> all ranked higher than Rafa... hardly ever chosen to play... even when playing... they're bit part players...

maybe Alex Corretja DID shove it to the captain after last year's final?? where him and Feli had to play against Woodbridge / Arthurs? (who were heavy favourites of course)

or maybe I'm just reading too much into what others are saying in various places...? @@

#181 ·
ok well for a fact, jc wouldn't quit dc, as he said after the doubles match yesterday, he'd do anything for spain. i understand ur point though kat, the others (apart from jc before this final) never get a look in for a singles spot.

yeah...he didn't actually look ECSTATIC in the post-match interview
is that after the doubles match?

cos he was looking pretty happy after moya won today!!! well they were all going mental...as 2 be expected!

#182 ·
omg guys, Im sure JC will get to play many and many more DCs.....he's been the number one spaniard for the last years except this year and when he was number one he played all the DCs or am I wrong?....now that he's not, and he was overlooked, I wanna tell you that it's bcoz of JC that I started watching tennis so I love him too much but hey, one has got to accept there are downs as well as ups.
To me JC is still the best, and when he get well next year things will be as they were before and he will win sooooo many things.
I also wish they had picked Feli and Nando for the doubles, because I'm sure they'd have done better, they just got it wrong on that one imo, but right now all I know is Spain won, and proved they are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#185 ·
haha well at least they're happy!

CARLOS MOYA :worship: he was legend 2day!

and whaddya know, jc actually won a tournament this year!

Attachments

#187 · (Edited)
Juanqui Lover said:
I too am very pissed off, JC would be having duck and fish for dinner if he had played in the singles, but no, they put him in the doubles where he has an appauling record, especially against the best doubles team. They should show him more respect. Keep the captains away from me because I will kill them for what they did to JC. Did anyone see the match, because I told the guy that was recording it for me to forget about it because I thought Juanqui wouldn't be playing, is JC suffering from any injuries and even though they lost badly did JC's form look ok?
he looked ok, low in confidence and match practice but not injured

well done spain :worship: carlos was inspired today

#189 ·
no no, not sad, 'deep in thought' ;)

#190 ·
lol, well congrats to Spain and Juan yeah gud he actually won something! go teamwork i say!

I heard him being interviewed on tv and he seemed to be a bit more chirpier!

#191 ·
ah thank god he's a bit happier now! i hope they all get suitably pissed tonight!

#192 ·
i wish i cud join them ;) :drink: :aparty:

#195 ·
roisin said:
is that after the doubles match?

cos he was looking pretty happy after moya won today!!! well they were all going mental...as 2 be expected!
no, it was after Moyà won.

I've also just seen an interview on the Spanish news with all the team before they went off to the official gala dinner (they were all in suits mmm) and JC looked REALLY pissed off and sad. All the others spoke except him and when the interviewer tried to get him into the conversation he just said "que tal? yo estoy bien" (how are you? I'm good) but it was in a condescending tone and he didn't even look at the camera lol. I don't blame him at all quite frankly...I'm glad he's letting the stupid captain see his true feelings, why should he just have to sit back and take it.

#196 ·
It's a pretty demeaning task, to be more or less a sacrificial lamb. But I guess someone had to do it, and we know how Juan Carlos feels about his country, so he was the logical choice.

In regards to the outcome of the final, it was the right choice, but maybe that shouldn't be more important than his own self confidence. I don't know. Well, I'm glad they won, and if Juan Carlos picks up again next year, maybe we can forget this whole ordeal.

#197 ·
Spain won, it's all over now, he and the other spaniards are finally rid of the captains so lets move on and forget about this, and focus on praising how well he does next year :)

#199 ·
whats this about the team being in suits? man i bet they looked hot. if anyone has pics feel free 2 post them! ;)

#201 ·
carole said:
LOL Maïlys!
I knew you were a member here... but I forgot! :S
But now, yes, NOW i remember! lol
(LOL OMG member, REmember... oh silly joke! oh well that's me hahaha)
OMG we are chatting to each other on 3 different forums, AND msn hahahaha... lol If Juan Carlos knew this... hahaha
hahahaha good joke Carole !! lol
Yup, if Juanqui knew that he wud luv us... :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.