Mens Tennis Forums banner

My dad built a chapel...

4K views 62 replies 31 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 · (Edited)
...in the cloudforest of Costa Rica.

It's only accessible by driving 2 hours on the worst road imaginable, followed by a 20-minute terrifying/exhilarating ride on a quad bike. Also, most of the raw materials were brought in by using oxen and packhorses and until recently, he's had no communication with the outside world - he can now get a decent phone signal on a good day.

The funny thing is that he's not even religious, he just liked the design! It's based on a church he came across in a ghost town in Canada.

Here are some pictures I took over the past week whilst I was there:

See less See more
#7 ·
Amazing nature and building effort, thanks for sharing.

My only question is why the heck a chapel if he isn't even religious, wouldn't a school or just a house would've been more useful? who's using this chapel? looks like a monumental waste of energy and time.

#14 ·
beautiful

thanks for sharing

#15 ·
Breath-taking. Very nice.

#18 ·
...in the cloudforest of Costa Rica.

It's only accessible by driving 2 hours on the worst road imaginable, followed by a 20-minute terrifying/exhilarating ride on a quad bike. Also, most of the raw materials were brought in by using oxen and packhorses and until recently, he's had no communication with the outside world - he can now get a decent phone signal on a good day.

The funny thing is that he's not even religious, he just liked the design! It's based on a church he came across in a ghost town in Canada.

Here are some pictures I took over the past week whilst I was there:

lovely! is your dad an architect?

#19 ·
:speakles:

That's absolutely gorgeous. I am not a religious person but I would love to visit and just sit and enjoy the natural setting.

#26 ·
Stunning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.