Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vamos Ljubo- Photo Thread

38K views 270 replies 44 participants last post by  Dead Net Cord 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Re: Ivan off & on Court PIX :)

aaahhh they're all so great, esp in the first picture and the fourth last one :lol:

thanks ducky.

#7 ·

Ivan is damn cute in the 9th pic! :hearts:
And I love him and like his wife look too. :p:aplot::drool:

#9 ·

RDucky said:
:haha:

Aida is really nice, she just got done with law school. :)
Her name is quite special! :cool:
Do you know how old is she? :angel:

#14 · (Edited)

Hello. I wasn't sure quite where to post this as you don't seem to have a "News and Articles" thread, but there was an interview with Ivan in this month's edition of "ACE" (British tennis magazine), so I typed it out as I thought some of you may like to read it. Sorry - no link to a web-page.

ALTERED STATES

- When war broke out in the Balkans, your family were forced to flee. That must have been so tough.

My father couldn't leave Bosnia with us. For six months it was only me, my mother and my brother. He arrived later with the Red Cross who were trying to unite families that had been separated. It was not possible for males over the age of 28 to leave the country. I still don't know how he managed it. It was really difficult. But he did it.

- You used to carry a photo of Goran Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon as an inspiration. Do you still have it?

I probably still have it somewhere. I certainly didn't throw it away. It shows that if you want something so much you're going to get it. Sometimes you see movies with stories like that and you think it's too much because it could never happen. But with Goran it did.

- After the Balkan wars how did tennis players lile you decide which state to play for?

If you came from the former Yugoslavia, you can choose which new Balkan state to play under. Yugoslavia was made up of 6 republics - Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzogovina, Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro. The whole of Yugoslavia was (racially) mixed, but Bosnia was the most mixed. I guess 90% of people who play for Bosnia is any sport are Muslims. Croatians who live in Croatia obviously play for Croatia, and Serbians who live in Serbia play for Serbia. Bosnian Croats or Serbs may choose to play for Bosnua, but Bosnia is poor, so if you're Croatian and good in some sport you try to go to Zagreb because they have better facilities. If you're Serbian you try to go to Belgrade in Serbia. Then once you're there you switch nationality.

- If there was one rule in tennis you could change what would it be?

The HawkEye camera would help tennis a lot. I feel that sometimes the world's top players or the local guys are protected in certain ways by the linesman. Being a Croatian, and having only one event in Croatia the whole year, I am always playing away from home. The linesman are always local people. I'm not saying they're bad, but sometimes they cannot take the pressure. In a normal match, say there are 10 to 15 balls that are 50/50 where the nornal eye cannot see if they're good or bad. In 90% of cases the linesman's decision will go to the local player.

HawkEye could be linked to a screen courtside. It could show where the ball landed. The crowd could get involved. It would be fun.

- What irritates you about your job?

Every time you leave a tournament you leave after losing a match. There's only one guy who leaves in a good mood. Also, we have unbelievebly huge expenses. We have to pay for almost everything. Plus we're not protected financially if something bad happens to us like an injury. If you don't play you lose points, you don't earn money and you still have expenses.

- You got married last year. How is married life?

My wide Aida loves me very much, We've been together 9 years now so the realtionship if nothing new. It's another step I've made in my life. I feel a more complete person now.

- What car do you drive?

Mercedes E-class.

- Favourite music, films and books?

"Metallica" is my favourite band, along with "Guns and Roses". Heavy rock is the kind of music that even if you listen to it every day for many years you never get tired of it.

Tom Cruise and George Clooney are good actors in my opinion. I don't like movies that are too serious -the action would be limited, "Ocean 11" is one of my favourites. If I read on a day I am playing I feel a little dizzy, so I try not to read before I play. Since I play most of the time I don't have much chance to read. I've read all the Harry Potter books though, and I like easy reading books like Wilbur Smith. Your mind goes somewhere away from reality and you can relax.

#18 ·

Ivan said:
- You got married last year. How is married life?

My wide Aida loves me very much, We've been together 9 years now so the realtionship if nothing new. It's another step I've made in my life. I feel a more complete person now.
I find man always prefers to point out woman loves him so much first and then talks a bit his attitude to his woman,ha! :p
I like his interview,he hardly speaks nonsense and talks so straightfoward. :yeah: Thanks Rosie! :D

#22 ·

Pic2- I win again! :woohoo:
Pic5- Don't bite me,Mario! :haha:
Pic11-I'm No.1,who's Federer? :p
Pic12-My husband won, :bigclap: then he kissed me. :aplot:
Last pic- Special guest Goran. :lick:

#25 ·

Thanks dear. :kiss: Here are more pics. ;)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.