Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rotterdam QF: Davydenko def. Gasguet 7-5 6-3

3K views 53 replies 43 participants last post by  Crazy Girl 
#1 ·
After a shakey start, Davydenko played great.:worship:

#54 ·
Unbelievable! After going 2-5 down in the first Davydenko was absolutely unplayable! Stunning to see him back and playing like that! :worship: :bowdown: I take back all the times I said he should retire, after seeing that he might just be back playing top 10 tennis.
:hug: :smooch:

#6 ·
looked confident in the 2nd set :worship: glimpses of peak Davy :hearts:

now beat that swiss loser

#10 ·
now my life is complete with my heart filled with some ol'Davy but i'm so freaking angered at PUERTA in the FO 2005 SF against Davy ...

#15 ·
Great win for Davydenko ! :) The public sounded happy as they could feel how important it was for him.

I always said his game was still there, he's a little bit slower but most of all, it's a problem of confidence he's had for 2 years.

Also it's good for him because it will secure his place in clay masters 1000 tournaments and last year, he said that he would stop his carreer when he could not enter masters 1000 tournaments, then it's important for him.

Unfortunately he has to meet Fed now, and usually he's the player who's the hardest for his confidence.

This confidence may not still be there back enough for tomorrow. It was not yet the best Davydenko.

But anyway he will be happy.

Gasquet played quite well but he made few errors which cost him at bad moments and most of all he relied too much on a tactics which did work when Davydenko lacked confidence.

#19 · (Edited)
Amazing from Davydenko :worship:

That's how he did it (2010 quote from Davydenko):

"I don't drink so much because, you see, I'm skinny. I mix only. Sometimes I drink clear vodka, sometimes mixed with Red Bull. It gives me a little bit of power in a nightclub or disco. Because if I drink only vodka I go straight to sleep."
:bowdown:

#53 ·
Amazing from Davydenko :worship:

That's how he did it (2010 quote from Davydenko):"I don't drink so much because, you see, I'm skinny. I mix only. Sometimes I drink clear vodka, sometimes mixed with Red Bull. It gives me a little bit of power in a nightclub or disco. Because if I drink only vodka I go straight to sleep."

:bowdown:
:spit::spit::spit:

#21 ·
Davydenko had a poor start, but Richard served poorly in this set and could not benefit from this advantage, 49 % first serves is just not good enough. He was also too passive. In the second set, both played well up to 3 all, then Nikolaj became unplayble, the two pints to get to bp and to take the break were brilliant.

#22 ·
Very heartening to see glimpses of old Denko.

Shame he's gonna get spanked by Fed, but them's the breaks.

Played Fed at Doha for the last 3 consecutive years (including this one), and his last victory over him was in Doha 2010. Fed spanked him pretty hard a few weeks ago (6-2 6-2), so it's not looking good.

#26 ·
Very sexy result.

#30 ·
about time he starts to play decent again

hopefully a good season ahead

#31 ·
gascoke is without a doubt the most overrated player ever and im not only talking about mtf either. people all over the tennis world have been hyping up this clown since he was a teenager and to think that some of them were thinking this pussy of a tennis player would one day win a slam is ridiculous. i hope his fans are suffering right now.

#32 ·
gascoke is without a doubt the most overrated player ever and im not only talking about mtf either. people all over the tennis world have been hyping up this clown since he was a teenager and to think that some of them were thinking this pussy of a tennis player would one day win a slam is ridiculous. i hope his fans are suffering right now.
Pretty sure 95% of his fans are fans because of his backhand so I think they'll be fine.

Ajde.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.