Mens Tennis Forums banner

Become better soon!

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  knight_ley 
#1 ·
I thougt, we could make a thread for news, when somebody finds out something about the wrist or if he has got to pause.

#2 ·
ok, I read a little bit about sports-medicine, and I found out, that a ligamenture-rupture and a sprain could lead to an heamatoma and a swollen joint. but: if a ligament is ruptured, the joint losses its stabilty, that camber happend in the middle of the 5th set, and he played on. I think (better: I hope!) that this is impossible with an unstably wrist!
With a strong sprain, you´ve got to stop whatever you do, you´ve got to keep the insulted joint cool and high and you have use compression, because if you don´t do that, the blood could enter the joint and we get an heamatoma. He did nothing of these things, he played on, that means, he used his muscels which incrases the blood flow. Therfore that inner blooding was supported instead of stopped.
So I hope, it´s just a bad sprain, which became worse because he not stopped playing.

#3 ·
Yeah, lets hope for the best and least worst :hug:

Sorry, I got no news. I think we only get these when he updates his homepage. Or maybe the Eurosport commentators know something and mention it during the broadcast. They usually have good informations, too. So if somebody catches something, then post it here please :)

#5 ·
Yeah, I hope he soon gives us a notice and that it isn't so bad! :sad:

#8 ·
Sounds as if we can't read too much into this update about the severity of his injury because he doesn't know himself what's going on and says he only will know when he removes the cast from his hand on Friday.

#9 ·
Oh, be a little bit more opimistic! I think (beeing extremely optimistic) his doc would have made an MRI if he really would have been afraid of a capsulerupture, but if he would have made one, Nicolas would know what is wrong. so, i hope, that very skillful doc (optimistic!!!) knows what he does. ;) *hopes the very best*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.