Mens Tennis Forums banner

Christian Harrison

113K views 517 replies 47 participants last post by  Sombrerero loco 
#1 ·
A place for all of Ryan Harrison's brother Christian Harrison's fans.

See less See more
#2 ·
As of Monday, December 29, 2008

#5 ·
I have eaten at that Rudy's BBQ many a time.

#8 ·
Thanks Kworb; I hadn't seen that before.
But yeah, he missed close to a year and half, which is incredibly tough for a player of his age. Those are some of the most important developmental years.
And it's too bad he withdrew from Kalamazoo, I hope it's not an injury. I live pretty close to there and have gone to the tournament before, was thinking of going for half a day to watch Christian play.

#10 ·
Though Christian lost in qualifying for the last two futures, I had a feeling he was starting to play better, based on the fact that he beat some very solid players, like Chris Kearney. Well today he validated my feeling at least a little bit.
He beat Rudolf Siwy 6-2 5-7 6-3. Siwy might be in bad form, but he is a decent player that made a futures final pretty recently and won by retirement over Rajeev Ram earlier this year. He also played Donald Young in a close match in the next round of that tournament(Indian Wells Qualifying). So I would say a pretty positive result for Christian. Next up is either his good friend and 7 seed Mike Venus or his fellow American youngster Dennis Novikov. BTW, he is also playing doubles with Venus and they won their first round.

#12 ·
Christian lost 6-0 6-1 to Denis Kudla. :hug:
Tough one, but pretty expected. Denis is a very good young player and I'm not expecting too much consistency from Christan at this point.
I'm more still shocked about the Venus result, he must be in very bad form.

#16 ·
Hope a great future on him

#19 ·
The semifinal bumps him up 365 spots to 939 in the rankings. Good result for him.

#24 ·
I have a question to those who had a chance to watch Christian live.

I read an interview from his dad several years ago comparing his game to Ryan's. He said something along the line of Ryan likes to come forward to finish off points, while Christian is happy hitting winners from the baseline (not surprising since his groundies seem much more fluid than his older sibling). Even though Ryan supposedly likes to come forward, he seems content behind the baseline. If that is the case, was wondering if Christian even comes to the net at all? :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.