Mens Tennis Forums banner

In the spotlight - Rocketassist

6K views 79 replies 26 participants last post by  norwood_10 
#1 ·
Who do you think Should win BBC sport's personality of the year?

Do you think it would be a joke for Hamilton to win the award for essentially driving a car fast, relying on technology as much as skill?

Favourite song of all time?

Do you have any special or unusual talents that we don't know about?

If you couldn't be Scottish, which other country would you like to be a national of?

That'll kick things off. X Factor final is on, so I rushed the questions. :mad:

#2 · (Edited)
Who do you think Should win BBC sport's personality of the year?
Lewis Hamilton or Chris Hoy. Hope Ohuruogu doesn't win it, when you miss three tests there's always doubts.

Do you think it would be a joke for Hamilton to win the award for essentially driving a car fast, relying on technology as much as skill? :
Well the Ferrari cars are faster than his McLaren so I think he deserves some credit. McLaren's last F1 champion was Mika Hakkinen in 1999, so it's not like they win every week.

Favourite song of all time?
In My Life by the Beatles

Do you have any special or unusual talents that we don't know about?
I'm very good at negotiating with people who say no.
I know how to turn a disorganised mess situation around
I continue to have the ability to pay junior prices on national trains simply by using a ticket machine to buy the tickets, despite me being 21. :lol:

If you couldn't be Scottish, which other country would you like to be a national of?
I'm not actually Scottish :lol: I'm from Merseyside, England. The SCO flag is for Muzza :p

#3 ·
1) Which actor would you choose to play you in a movie?

2) What are the best (and worst) aspects of living in Merseyside?

3) How many countries have you visited?

4) What do you dislike about your favorite tennis player?

#5 ·
1 Not quite sure as there aren't many actors who look like me!

2 The best is the nightlife, it's ace. Liverpool is unbeatable as far as the club/bar scene goes and Birkenhead ain't too bad either on a Friday.

The worst has to be some of the scum that infest the streets especially at night time who lurk playing loud music and asking you to go the shop for them to buy ale.

3 Apart from the UK, France, Spain and Andorra.

4 His tantrums and his refusal to be aggressive at times.

#6 ·
1 Sometimes. The early rounds with the crap singers and farcical performances. I usually watch any football that's on, comedy on Paramount, South Park, Family Guy, and also sitcoms like Friends.

2 yours, the spotlight threads, football zone, occasionally the Nadal chat thread and the ACC/popularity contests.

3 it was my friend's and I helped him run it. It was shut down after disparaging remarks were made about a player and the player's father complained to the authorities.

4 No. No one visits my spotlight thread anyway!

#10 · (Edited)
For sure. Yeah we may be his second love to LFC but the goals he scored, the cup exploits, the passion he had for the club, have him near the top of my all-time favourites.

Are you still a virgin since the last time we talked? I mean, not today, but few months back.
No.

You have an ASBO? Or have ever been close to getting one?
Nope nowhere near.

G
#11 ·
1. I notice your disdain for Liverpool FC. Where does this stem from? Is it something that has been passed on through your family?

2. Is there a future for tennis in England in the next 10 years?

3. For or against a roof over centrecourt at Wimbledon?

#16 ·
1 Normally my fave list fluctuates but the same four guys- Steps, Gulbis, Isner, Murray, just tends to vary and Steps was the one I had at the top at the time, he's pure entertainment.

2 For yesterday he is a legenda.

3 Semi finalists, think Brazil or Spain's flair might just undo us, or if it goes to penalties they won't miss them.

Favorite brew? :drink:
Beer wise Fosters easily. Don't mind Kronenbourg or Miller Lite either. Usually after a few I move on to spirits though, I love cherry sourz mixed with lemonade.

#15 ·
1- Do you think clay court tennis is inferior to others?

2- Do you think S&V will come back?

#17 ·
1 No, it is unique and diverse, or it used to be, that's what disappoints me about clay now is that most guys play hardcourt tennis on it, the days of Guga playing Corretja are days I miss, though grass tennis is the same, no serve-volleyers or grass court players making the deep end at Wimbledon.

2 Maybe, but the courts are homogenized and the passing shot standard is great nowadays, though that's all I would say is better about the current crop of players compared to the 90s stars. That said the quality of volleying is a lot worse now except for Stepanek, but his forehand breaks down too much and is mentally frail at times and that stops him from going any higher than he can.

#20 ·
1. Do you think the ATP season is too long?

2. Do people think you are Scouser even if you are not from Liverpool?

3. Is Stevie G the most overrated player in the Prem League? If not, then who is it.

#21 ·
1. Yes, a little. Reduce it by a few weeks. Too much hardcourt tournaments, which cause the most wear and tear on the body. IW/Miami would not be there if I ran the ATP.

2. Not really as my accent sounds more Chester-like than Liverpool-like, despite the fact I am closer by the crow flies to Liverpool. Sometimes people will make the odd joke comment but that is all it is.

3 Up there, but there's a few, for example, Dimitar Berbatov, Emmanuel Adebayor, Joleon Lescott, all were paid way over the odds for.

#23 ·
Far from it, just because he doesn't forget tennis existed before 2005 does not make him like this.

#26 ·
1. If you had a chance to live in another country where would it be?

2. What is the worst place you have been to?

3. Is Steve Smith the former English high jumper a cool guy?

4. What tournaments would you like to go to, but haven't as of yet?

#29 ·
1 Brazil- hot women, amazing accents, Copacabana, football mad.

2 Oldham, Leeds, Birmingham city centre, north London, all shitholes full of tramps and smackheads.

3 Yes he was, he did as well as he could in the big events, hard worker.

4 Estoril, Miami, US Open (though Miami shouldn't be where it is on the calendar)

#30 ·
Some questions for you :wavey:

1) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

2) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?

3) Which matches do you consider the best of this year?

4) What's your opinion about the Daviscup?

5) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

6) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

7) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

8) What are your favourite tournaments?

9) Which tournaments have you been to so far?

10) How did you discover MTF and why did you decide to join?

11) Who are your favourite retired players?

12) If you could change the outcome of 3 tennismatches which would you choose?

13) Which was the most interesting tennisbiography you have read?/ Which biography would you be interested in reading?

14) Have you met an MTFer?

Well, I think that's enough :angel:

Thanks in advance for answering :)

#31 · (Edited)
1 Murray beating Nadal at the US Open, and that's my favourite matchup as well

2 My favourite coach overall is probably Peter Lundgren, cool guy.

3 I think this year's been a bit poor quality wise, but the first two sets of Murray-Nadal at the AO, Llodra-Soderling in Bercy and Djokovic-Federer in New York were probably the best.

4 I love it, and it saddens me that we don't have a team that can win it. If we did, I'd rather win it than one of our players won a GS. The Serbian celebrations did make me a little envious :lol:

5 Nadal, from tolerate to minor irritation to dislike.

6 My fave would actually be Simon Reed, despite his notoriety on MTF or making silly predictions, when he's commentating he's alright. My least fave is Mark Petchey, he's too fanboyish and not objective enough, favours certain players.

7 Grass be sped up and clay be slowed down, so that there's more of a diversion between surfaces. Would also have longer grass season.

8 Monte Carlo, Rome, Wimbledon, US Open, Stockholm, Paris-Bercy

9 Never been an actual ATP tourney though been to some exo's

10 I don't remember :lol: I think it was through searching for entry lists for tournaments, and steve g tennis was not working at the time. The rest is history.

11 Stefan Edberg, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Pat Rafter

12 Murray v Federer US Open final 2008, Sampras v Kafelnikov RG 1996 and Roddick v Nalbandian US Open 2003

13 I've read Agassi's, and would love to read one by Edberg

14 No though I'm aware one (Xavier7 I think) lives about a 20 minute bus ride from here

#34 ·
Did you enjoy Sam Allardyce getting the sack?

#40 ·
Re: Q & A- rocketassist

What do you think of Glasgow Rangers demotion to 4th division?

How many bans have you had in your 5½ years at MTF?

How many voluntary breaks have you had from MTF of any length, and how long was the longest?
1 Amusing, very. There's no way that 'sevco' could have started in the SPL again. Their fans continue to whine and spit the dummy out by not taking ticket allocations in the cup against SPL teams but how could they be let back in when the oldco was breaking a whole load of financial rules?

2 Two. One for breaching a wishing death rule privately in the chat thread. Since then cause of it I've had no sympathy for anyone else caught doing it. The second was a recent 2 week ban for infractions accumulated while helping save MTF from evil forces.

3 None particularly really, though when I go on holiday somewhere I have no interest in coming on here when I have lots to do elsewhere.

#39 ·

How old are you?
What are you studying if anything at school?
What best describes your personality?
What are you the most satisfied with in your life and dissatisfied with?
What are your 3 best traits and 3 worst traits

#41 ·

How old are you?
What are you studying if anything at school?
What best describes your personality?
What are you the most satisfied with in your life and dissatisfied with?
What are your 3 best traits and 3 worst traits
1 25
2 my student/university days are sadly behind me. I graduated with a BA Hons degree in Journalism
3 Dry witted
4 Most satisfied with is probably my social life. Most dissatisfied with I would say is my career, I wanna be a writer or work in PR and the jobs in that sector are rare and extremely competitive, and that makes it tough to find my way in so I have to settle for part time jobs at places like hypermarkets to pass the time.

5 3 best traits:
Passionate
Sense of humour
Intelligent

3 worst traits:
Naive
Stubborn
Over-thinking

#45 ·

What made you think of your user name, and have you ever changed it?

If you could decide just one sports result in 2013, any sport, what would it be? (winning a tournament counts as one result even if there's many matches)
1 rocket assisted take off ;)

2 My football team getting promoted would render absolutely any sports result imaginable invalid and obsolete. I'd swap Andy Murray's entire career to see my Rovers reach the championship.

Which football team do you support?

What do you think of Tsonga?

What do you think of Del Po?

What do you think of Kei?
1 Tranmere

2 I'm a fan, since 2007 when I saw him vs Roddick at the AO when he led 7-6 5-3. Still hope he can win a GS and that Rasheed can turn around his current predicament. When he's on his game I feel he can still beat anyone despite the slower surfaces he has to cope with.

3 I don't mind him these days. There was one point where his tards were rampant in GM going on about how Murray sucks cos it's 1-0 and he's part of a real big 4 but I enjoyed his play at the Olympics against Federer. He's definitely on the way back. Muzza winning the slam title should hopefully put an end to any silly tard games, as both fanbases are happy and content.

4 A fan :) Hope he reaches top 10 soonish and kicks on from there. He's got the game to keep rising.

What are your five favorite football players??
I'll do a list for world renowned players and one for my actual faves:

WORLD:
1 Pavel Nedved
2 Ronaldo (Bra)
3 Eric Cantona
4 Romario
5 Juninho Pernambucano

ACTUAL:

1 Ian Goodison
2 Ian Muir
3 John Aldridge
4 John Morrissey
5 Ivano Bonetti

Those 5 are all legends from my own team. :lol:

#47 ·

Which international football team do you support?
Who's your favourite Big Brother contestant of all time?
Who did you support before Murray?
Do you have any pets?
How many Grand Slam will Murray win in his career?
1 reluctantly for the most part, England. I tend to be ambivalent but then during tournament time I always get caught up in the jingoism, as do my mates (only one of my lad mates is fiercely patriotic England fan) and we all watch the games together. I find the football they play for the most part quite hideous though and often have little sadness when they lose playing that way. I have an affinity for the Venezuela national team from when they were bottom and have built their way up admirably

2 erm I only watched series 1-2 when it was actually a new concept. Probably Nasty Nick. Awesome heel.

3 Erm I liked all kinds of players around the 00-04 time before he arrived on the scene. He isn't the only player I root for either, just the most obvious.

4 No

5 I'm just delighted he got the one after supporting him for eight years it was pretty special the USO, though I think he could end his career with 2-3 and the #1 ranking. He's not THAT good to go on a tear, but he'll be a contender for every slam except RGs for three or four years most likely given the lack of competition emerging from the new generation beyond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.