MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic

Thread: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them! Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-23-2009 01:39 AM
Lebeuf
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

For what it's worth I win a lot of matches against tougher opponants because i'm a ''clutch player'' , I never give up and I close the deal , making my best shots udner pressure for some unknown reason.I don't know why i'm like that but I guess it is natural to love these moments for some people.Just believe in the next shot.
06-01-2009 10:10 AM
JM-Del-Potro
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
I play quite defensive. I have a good forehand, and a solid backhand, but I can't really open the court with that shot. My volleys are reasonable, but I have to practice them more. My serve in solid (high first serve percentage), but not really fast.
Do you play too much behind the baseline,right? Try to stay near the baseline and hit left and then right, until you have the possibility to take the net,if you say you are able to play good volleys!

What are your height and weight?
05-19-2009 01:35 PM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I would advice you to train both FH and BH but also a lot of service and voleys, because you are in a age where you can improve very fast your game skills, just don´t exaggerate on the strokes, try to serve a bit better and improve your slice, because when you make 18 years you will probably have a good FH/BH but could be lacking in other areas, you understand?
I do, thank you.
05-18-2009 04:39 PM
Ilovetheblues_86
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
You mean BH or FH?
I would advice you to train both FH and BH but also a lot of service and voleys, because you are in a age where you can improve very fast your game skills, just don´t exaggerate on the strokes, try to serve a bit better and improve your slice, because when you make 18 years you will probably have a good FH/BH but could be lacking in other areas, you understand?
05-18-2009 06:27 AM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
What do you train more?
You mean BH or FH?
05-17-2009 07:55 AM
Ilovetheblues_86
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

What do you train more?
05-17-2009 06:33 AM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

My match went horribly, in the first set I had to recover three times from a break down. Yet, at 5-4 I served for the set (also at 6-5), but in neither occasions I could serve it out. A TB, well, let's not talk about that.
Set 2: I was broken in the first game, then held my serve, and then I lost my serve again. I found myself at 2-5* down, but from that moment on I started playing better. And I broke him twice and we were at 6-5*. I had a few set points, but I couldn't convert them. Yet in the TB I was superior.
Set 3: I went down 0-2, then I recovered to 4-2, but then I couldn't hold my serve and lost 4-6. BUMMMEEERRRRR

Still, my team and I are champions (we defeated the other team by 4-1)!!!!!!
05-12-2009 09:36 AM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I mean your style, how you usually plays, maybe then we can have some conclusions of how you can improveing to finish the match.
I play quite defensive. I have a good forehand, and a solid backhand, but I can't really open the court with that shot. My volleys are reasonable, but I have to practice them more. My serve in solid (high first serve percentage), but not really fast.
05-11-2009 07:05 AM
Ilovetheblues_86
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

I mean your style, how you usually plays, maybe then we can have some conclusions of how you can improveing to finish the match.
05-10-2009 07:59 AM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

In my last singles match I saved 1 MP. At 6-7 in the third set TB. I myself had 6 MPs before winning the match, the first one at 6-5 in the second set TB. In the third set TB I wasted a 6-2 lead. And I was 0-4 down in the third, 2-5 and then went through to 6-5 receiving. But I broke him again.
05-10-2009 07:56 AM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
How´s your game, how long have you been playing?
What match in particular?
05-10-2009 07:55 AM
Yves.
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked82 View Post
unknown?? were they invisible??
I don't know their names.
05-08-2009 03:08 AM
fast_clay
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

sledging is worth practicing to help end matches quicker...
05-08-2009 02:36 AM
Thanos
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

unknown?? were they invisible??
05-07-2009 10:58 PM
Ilovetheblues_86
Re: Yves's Match Record 2009: Tips, etc.? Share them!

How´s your game, how long have you been playing?
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome