MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Suggestion for FITD Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
01-07-2008 10:27 AM
Caio_Brasil
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Winkler View Post
The scoring in the fill in the draw game should be same as is done in the actual game.
for example if i predicted nieminen for round 3 and no further, (Adelaide tournament)
I should receive 40 points for the prediction on Nieminen in total.
I should not also receive 15 + 40=55
Why?
The present system makes it all important to pick the winner and making goods picks throughout matters little as long as you get the winner right.
Another example from adelaide
if you picked llorda as winner you should receive 175 points in total for that prediction not 175+120+75+40+15=425 as you are doing it presently
If we scored the round points the same as the players score them in actual fact.
it would be much more realistic.
it would reward all correct picks in realistic proportions
it would still give outstanding rewards for picking winners and finalists without totally making other smaller picks irralevant.
I understand your point. But it would be very difficult for the managers to do it. They would have to take away all winner points after each round

But I don't know, let's hear other players opinions
01-07-2008 05:10 AM
Frank Winkler
Re: Suggestion for FITD

The scoring in the fill in the draw game should be same as is done in the actual game.
for example if i predicted nieminen for round 3 and no further, (Adelaide tournament)
I should receive 40 points for the prediction on Nieminen in total.
I should not also receive 15 + 40=55
Why?
The present system makes it all important to pick the winner and making goods picks throughout matters little as long as you get the winner right.
Another example from adelaide
if you picked llorda as winner you should receive 175 points in total for that prediction not 175+120+75+40+15=425 as you are doing it presently
If we scored the round points the same as the players score them in actual fact.
it would be much more realistic.
it would reward all correct picks in realistic proportions
it would still give outstanding rewards for picking winners and finalists without totally making other smaller picks irralevant.
03-02-2007 08:08 AM
Peta Pan
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Yep you got the pea soup thing right. Sorry I can't get a grasp of what you are trying to say
02-28-2007 05:53 PM
Tytta!.
Re: Suggestion for FITD

That's an interesting idea.
02-28-2007 05:45 PM
Frank Winkler
Re: Suggestion for FITD

scoring points
one should not score points over and over again each round.
It overemphasizes the final picks.
let me clarify.
It should be the actual round points we earn.
for the winner if we pick the winner we should get the points for the winner only not also for semis qurters and second round for this player.
if we predicted the winner to reach the semis we should get the points for the semis only not the quraters as well.
Why?
This will make all predictions more important.
right now you can do well my simply picking the winner correctly and getting everything else wrong
The points earned should be the actually points the player actually earns for the highest position that we acurately predicted.
The actual round points earned actually by the acual players.
We receive only the points the player actually earned we predicted correctly.
clear as pea soup i am sure.
i can take more time and do it more slowly in the future.
02-28-2007 12:04 PM
Peta Pan
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeroddick126 View Post
1) Amount of Tournaments Played--> I think its best if we keep it to everyone can play as many tournaments a week, because if we just leave it open to everyone then people will most likely go for the strongest event. And I dont think it would be a problem if everyone who played would play all three events right?
I don't think there is a problem at this stage leaving it open for everyone to play all tournaments in a week, but as others have mentioned there is a problem with the rankings coming from all 3 tournaments in one week if some have played all 3 and others have only played 1 or 2.

This week I didn't have time to submit a draw for Las Vegas because frankly, the RR format confuses me so much that I couldn't work it out in time.

Also if play started while I was at work and I wasn't able to submit a draw just before play started then I would not want to put in a FITD for a tournament that I'm playing TT in because there is a fair chance that it might give away my TT picks to an opponent. (I'm sure I'm not the only one who is thinking that).

Anyway, so yeah I think it should only be the points from the event that you have gone best at that counts in the rankings.
02-27-2007 09:50 AM
SloKid
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Let me put my two cents in.

On wtaw we have tons more players and we can play all tournaments and there's no big problem with everyone playing all tournaments in one week and with scoring.
Changing the draw if a seed withdraws is allowed, because usually it means quite a big change in your entire prediction and all players can't wait until the last moment to make their predicitions so I see that as a fair solution.

Someone mentioned that only the better result gets counted, well then everyone would only playing in higher scoring tourneys, so that doesn't make sense.

This game works perfectly fine on wtaw just the way it is on mtf.
But of course if you find some ways to improve it than all the better.
02-27-2007 09:09 AM
meninosantos
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
How many weeks should the committment list be ahead of time? It might not be effective immediately, but it will be good to know down the track.
we don't have commitments
02-27-2007 08:59 AM
Action Jackson
Re: Suggestion for FITD

How many weeks should the committment list be ahead of time? It might not be effective immediately, but it will be good to know down the track.
02-27-2007 08:57 AM
Action Jackson
Re: Suggestion for FITD

I think the rankings should be exactly the same as the ATP and should be rewarded for doing well in the big events.
02-27-2007 08:53 AM
meninosantos
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
We also must take care that, if we are going to defend the points the next year, we must be able to defend the same tournament we are playing this year.
I'll give a example and it will be better to understand:
I played Dubai, Acapulco and Las Vegas this year and make 300pts in each one.
Next year, we (may) only choose one tournament per week and i choose Las Vegas 2008 and I make 300pts. I defended my 300pts but I lost 600pts because I was unable to play in Acapulco and Dubai.
I think it would be better to, starting from some week, we only choose one tournament ALREADY DURING THIS YEAR. and then, next year in the weeks that we played three tournaments, all players must be able to play all the three tournaments.
But if we alter that thing...And put only one tournament that doesn't affect...You will play one tournament but the rest of us play too...
And ther new players will only play one tournament...
02-26-2007 10:47 PM
FilipeMB
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Also, it would be good to the ranking be done with the 18 best results + ALL MS + ALL GS + TMC (if played by the person)

with or without the "rate thing" I said in the last person..
I can do the rankings, if you guys want to do
02-26-2007 10:39 PM
FilipeMB
Re: Suggestion for FITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaravilse View Post
I would like to suggest something about the points of each tournament...
For the real players tournaments like Dubai gives more points than tournaments like Buenos Aires because better players play Dubai and prices are higher... but for FITD I think that we should earn the same points for every ATP tournament, the same points for every MS and the same points for every GS
I agree totally. The points should be given by the position you make, not by the number of points. Or by a rate of the points will make like:
points made in tournaments played / tournaments played
It would make things more fair.
02-26-2007 10:37 PM
FilipeMB
Re: Suggestion for FITD

We also must take care that, if we are going to defend the points the next year, we must be able to defend the same tournament we are playing this year.
I'll give a example and it will be better to understand:
I played Dubai, Acapulco and Las Vegas this year and make 300pts in each one.
Next year, we (may) only choose one tournament per week and i choose Las Vegas 2008 and I make 300pts. I defended my 300pts but I lost 600pts because I was unable to play in Acapulco and Dubai.
I think it would be better to, starting from some week, we only choose one tournament ALREADY DURING THIS YEAR. and then, next year in the weeks that we played three tournaments, all players must be able to play all the three tournaments.
02-26-2007 06:55 PM
ltaravilse
Re: Suggestion for FITD

I would like to suggest something about the points of each tournament...
For the real players tournaments like Dubai gives more points than tournaments like Buenos Aires because better players play Dubai and prices are higher... but for FITD I think that we should earn the same points for every ATP tournament, the same points for every MS and the same points for every GS
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome