MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic

Thread: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
11-26-2005 10:10 PM
sigmagirl91
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
I never thought that when I answered you I´d start all this commotion! But thanks guys for standing up for me, and writing pretty good stuff in the process!
And Keti, when you want to do research on Gastón, this is a pretty good place for it. If you search the Articles thread you´ll find lots of material, and the thread of each tournament will give you more subjective stuff.
Vale, we've always trusted the information you give and the sources you've used.
11-26-2005 09:55 PM
ketibeti
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

thanx vale, you're always very supportive. and i feel so comfortable asking you things.
the commotion wasn't that bad.
it's not exactly a research, i just had a question and i'm completely satisfied with the answers, so thank you guys again!
11-26-2005 09:09 PM
Vale
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketibeti
thank you guys for the answers. you were right, i know something about this DC things in 2003, but i thought it was something more like a family tragedy, but i'm glad it wasn't.
and i'm so glad he didn't quit tennis
I never thought that when I answered you I´d start all this commotion! But thanks guys for standing up for me, and writing pretty good stuff in the process!
And Keti, when you want to do research on Gastón, this is a pretty good place for it. If you search the Articles thread you´ll find lots of material, and the thread of each tournament will give you more subjective stuff.
11-26-2005 08:22 PM
ketibeti
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

ok
11-26-2005 05:53 PM
Action Jackson
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketibeti
to begin with, are you doubting my proffesionality?
and second of all, you said it yourself that this was a thread dedicated to gaston gaudio's game, and nothing else, and instead of "embarasing" me in front of these people who have nothing to do with it, you could have PM me!
and third of all, i already explained the matter above, so let's put the dott right here and quit beaching at eachother.
peace?????
thanxx for the answers and suggestions!
It was a fair point especially as related to the particular question that was asked. There are plenty of things around concerning these events, the aftermath of what happened and how he got redemption. If it was a family tragedy, then something would have been said relating to this already.

For someone in this respective profession, research from many sources is something that is a given. It was a basic simple fact that should not have been passed over, as for sending you a PM, I could have done that, but didn't, whether it would have made a difference who knows.

As long as you post things in the right place then that's good enough and this thread has served its purpose, which it had done long ago.
11-26-2005 05:35 PM
ketibeti
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

thank you guys for the answers. you were right, i know something about this DC things in 2003, but i thought it was something more like a family tragedy, but i'm glad it wasn't.
and i'm so glad he didn't quit tennis
the other thing about coria, please do not argue with eachother about gaston and guillermo. it's already enough these two don't get along very well. i think we should be more eager to figure facts out between them! that's my opinion. special thanx to VALE of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
ketibeti, I thought you said you were a journalist, if that was the case, then this should have been very familiar to you about Gaston.
to begin with, are you doubting my proffesionality?
and second of all, you said it yourself that this was a thread dedicated to gaston gaudio's game, and nothing else, and instead of "embarasing" me in front of these people who have nothing to do with it, you could have PM me!
and third of all, i already explained the matter above, so let's put the dott right here and quit beaching at eachother.
peace?????

thanxx for the answers and suggestions!
11-26-2005 04:01 AM
Action Jackson
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

What is going on here? The term alleged or suspected is very clear and impossible to confuse unless the person doesn't get the concept. The relevant question has already been answered and the circumstances surrounding it, as to what conclusions can be taken from that, that is up to the individual.
11-26-2005 02:13 AM
bluegueber
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

I will not say anything about such offensive posts, they are not worth it.
11-26-2005 01:38 AM
sigmagirl91
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

Can I say something....just to recap what was being said, if I might?

While this message board is not dedicated to Coria, I believe that it was not Vale's intention to mislead or misrepresent facts to suit the purpose of the discussion. Instead, she wanted to convey the perception that was being tossed around at the time. I'm sorry, bluegueber, if the facts do not support what you believe to be true, but this is not the first time (and it probably won't be the last) your favorite was accused of that behavior.

I'm not stating this as fact etched in stone; I'm stating it as perception. As you know, perception is more often the reality than the cold, hard facts. Just taking a look at your recent posts suggests to me that your reasons for being here are less than honorable.
11-26-2005 01:31 AM
sigmagirl91
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia
Another debate, but this time the topic is ... Coria ??? To be honest, I must admit that this is not one of my favourite subjects.

Bluegueber, you are exaggerating. Vale has kindly answered a question and, in my opinion, she gave an accurate description of facts.

Rumours did actually exist at the time the events took place (you must have heard about them). I mean, you are trying to convey the idea that Vale and Rosie have made them up just to "mislead" other posters, which is totally ridiculous.

If you are trying to explain something to somebody, you should not limit to mention cast-iron facts, but also you can refer to other aspects that contribute to achieve a complete understanding of the situation.

Let's forget this issue and talk about Gaston.
I totally agree.
11-26-2005 12:59 AM
Florencia
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

Another debate, but this time the topic is ... Coria ??? To be honest, I must admit that this is not one of my favourite subjects.

Bluegueber, you are exaggerating. Vale has kindly answered a question and, in my opinion, she gave an accurate description of facts.

Rumours did actually exist at the time the events took place (you must have heard about them). I mean, you are trying to convey the idea that Vale and Rosie have made them up just to "mislead" other posters, which is totally ridiculous.

If you are trying to explain something to somebody, you should not limit to mention cast-iron facts, but also you can refer to other aspects that contribute to achieve a complete understanding of the situation.

Let's forget this issue and talk about Gaston.
11-25-2005 10:38 PM
bluegueber
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
If someone "suspects" something - there need not be any "proof" - suspicions are normally in peoples' minds and discussed in private amongst friends - that is why they are just "suspicions" and not "cast iron" facts. As it happens - I know for a fact that the "suspicions" Vale spoke of were rife in Argentine tennis circles at the time we are speaking of, so she was not giving any misleading messages - just writing what was being said and thought at the time - whether is was true or not. And please remember - just because you happen to think the "misleading messages" were untrue doesn't mean they are - you have your right to an opinion, Vale has hers, I have mine etc. And - no - before you ask - I am not going to talk about how I know the suspicions were rife ...........I do not intend to "reveal my sources" or talk about my private life on MTF - but remember just becase I don't live in Argentina doesn't mean I am ignorant of what is being said there
I agree that everyone has his own opinion. Consequently, when you express your point of view, you say I believe that ... or In my opinion,...

If you say "it is suspected" or "It is said" or "My sources (which I will not name) indicate that ...", you are behaving cowardly.
11-25-2005 05:21 PM
sigmagirl91
Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

Has someone gotten out the retractable claws or something, because someone's a little touchy in here.
11-25-2005 03:50 PM
*Ljubica*
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegueber
It is strongly suspected ... by whom? by you? by Gaudio? If you do not have proof and someone asks a question, please avoid giving misleading messages.
If someone "suspects" something - there need not be any "proof" - suspicions are normally in peoples' minds and discussed in private amongst friends - that is why they are just "suspicions" and not "cast iron" facts. As it happens - I know for a fact that the "suspicions" Vale spoke of were rife in Argentine tennis circles at the time we are speaking of, so she was not giving any misleading messages - just writing what was being said and thought at the time - whether is was true or not. And please remember - just because you happen to think the "misleading messages" were untrue doesn't mean they are - you have your right to an opinion, Vale has hers, I have mine etc. And - no - before you ask - I am not going to talk about how I know the suspicions were rife ...........I do not intend to "reveal my sources" or talk about my private life on MTF - but remember just becase I don't live in Argentina doesn't mean I am ignorant of what is being said there
11-25-2005 03:09 PM
bluegueber
Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
in Coria's case it's strongly suspected that he was sure he'd lose and he chickened out pretending an injury.
It is strongly suspected ... by whom? by you? by Gaudio? If you do not have proof and someone asks a question, please avoid giving misleading messages.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome