MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-17-2005 12:30 AM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

lol Simpleton Ducky.

Cats rule and dogs
06-17-2005 12:30 AM
El Legenda
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAS81
Those facts did not come from the grass court archives, and are therefore invalid.

.
lets see where you said grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAS81
Berdych is better than Federer because he beat him.

Back up your point with facts/stats.
ummm no where..so once again im right. ur wrong i rule u suck
06-16-2005 06:04 PM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Those facts did not come from the grass court archives, and are therefore invalid.

It doesn't say alot for Croatian tennis today however as Karlovic allowed Rochus to win 63% of his 2nd serve points.

It's mind boggling. I'm sure Ivo was tired and will come back with an impressive performance against his qualifier opponent at Wimbledon.
06-16-2005 11:26 AM
El Legenda
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAS81
And that meant what yesterday? lol

Karlovic will pound a minimum of 20 aces in 2 sets against Rochus.

Ljubicic's grass serve was exposed as weak.
that meant that Ljubicic is a better player...like i said before..but you said get facts.
06-16-2005 07:41 AM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

I don't disagree that Ivan is the better player on everything except grass.

You can scratch them out on clay. Both aren't going to go too far in any clay tourney.

But grass is where Karlovic shines.

26 aces to none? Are you kidding me?

I thought Roddick, Johansson(s), and Dent were ace gods on grass.

Karlovic is clearly the best server on grass right now.

Ljubicic would probably beat him if they met at the USO.
06-16-2005 07:22 AM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

And that meant what yesterday? lol

Karlovic will pound a minimum of 20 aces in 2 sets against Rochus.

Ljubicic's grass serve was exposed as weak.
06-16-2005 03:50 AM
El Legenda
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATAS81
Berdych is better than Federer because he beat him.

Back up your point with facts/stats.
even thought ivan lost... here are the facts

Karlovic career wins 38
Ivan 191

this year Karlovic 8-13
Ivan 29-12

finals this year
Karlovic =1
Ivan= 4

also i think Ivan is #1 player on Croatian DC team, and Karlovic is not even on the team.

i hope that helps
06-15-2005 05:00 PM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDucky
Karlovic has almost 1% of chance to break Ivan. Ivan needs to get 1 break..and has better chance of breaking Ivo, then Ivo breaking him.
That makes alot of sense, considering Karlovic wasn't broken at all in his last grass tournament.
06-15-2005 04:59 PM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

I don't see Karlovic broken in this match.

Also, I don't think Ljubicic will garner more than 5 break points all match.
06-15-2005 04:58 PM
NATAS81
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDucky
how about that he is a better player.
Berdych is better than Federer because he beat him.

Back up your point with facts/stats.
06-15-2005 04:42 PM
Papakori
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Karlovic in 3 sets
06-15-2005 01:07 PM
helloicanseeu
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Most probably, it'll go to tiebreaks.
If it does, then for Ljubicic, the key will be if he is able to take one point or two off Karlovic's serve, if Karlovic doesn't get his first serve in and puts in a short second serve (which he will most likely do, to avoid a double fault in the TB), can Ljubicic take advantage of it.

I believe Ljubicic can do it if he returns well today
, so 7-6 7-6 to Ljubicic in that case.
06-15-2005 12:10 PM
Horatio Caine
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Ljubo dug himself into holes yesterday and rarely came out of them. Karlovic will make him pay for them. Plus, I think Ljubo is feeling it physically. He has played 4 3 set matches in the last 5 days and Karlovic has only ever played 2 sets, and never longer than 70 minutes!
06-15-2005 09:02 AM
GoranIvanisevic546346
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Karlovic actually has bigger chance to break Ivan then opposite.
06-15-2005 12:45 AM
El Legenda
Re: Who will win : Ljubicic vs Karlovic

Karlovic has almost 1% of chance to break Ivan. Ivan needs to get 1 break..and has better chance of breaking Ivo, then Ivo breaking him.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome