MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and abortion Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
05-12-2013 02:49 AM
Mr. Oracle
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
I know. Good threads were removed but this thread's on GM.
Heya, why did you remove your avatar? Are you practising asceticism now or do you just want to be more mysterious? Will you put the ostrich-mona lisa back?
05-12-2013 12:39 AM
heya
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

I know. Good threads were removed but this thread's on GM.
05-12-2013 12:30 AM
Chair Umpire
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Doesn't this belong to off-topic?
05-11-2013 07:41 PM
Tennis Fool
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Update: Jimmy talks about Evert here:

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/rock-ce...02645#51802461

I looked to see if the whole interview was up on YouTube, but doesn't look like it yet.
05-09-2013 05:05 PM
star
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
BULLSHIT! Abortion IS murder of an innocent child Chrisie created. This was mutual sex, not ****, so IMO she had no morally acceptable reason to kill her child. She, even on her own, had plenty of money to support the child comfortably. At 19 Chris had plenty of time to have the baby and come back a champion. Others: Court, Goolagong and Clijsters did so at a later stage of their careers. Like BJK, Chrissie killed a baby to play tennis, which is beneath contempt.
baby? child?

She gave birth and killed her child?

I must have missed that.

You have no idea if she aborted at 3 weeks or 6 months. The "baby" and "child" speak is just more anti abortion propaganda.
05-09-2013 04:51 PM
Alya_C
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

What I don't get is why this is turning into fanatic debate where:
if you are pro-life => religious nutcase, hitler lover, neanderthal, etc.
of you are pro-abortion => murderer, you'll burn in hell, etc.
There are a lot of Shades of Grey (pun intended) between those two extremes IMO.

Maybe closing the thread would be a good ideia before this completely derails off topic...
05-09-2013 03:53 PM
kaneye
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
BULLSHIT! Abortion IS murder of an innocent child Chrisie created. This was mutual sex, not ****, so IMO she had no morally acceptable reason to kill her child. She, even on her own, had plenty of money to support the child comfortably.
But YOU have a morally acceptable reason to pass judgement on what Chris Evert - or anyone else - elects to do regarding an unwanted pregnancy?

Money??? So if anyone without money choses to abort, that's ok with you? Great argument there

What any woman choses to do with an unwanted pregnancy is her business and hers alone. Not yours, not your daddy's and not your neighbour's. Put that in your pipe and smoke it coz that will never change
05-09-2013 01:10 PM
niff
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
How about some compassion for the murdered helpless baby, instead of a greedy snotty bitch, that is and was Chris Evert? SUPPOSE YOUR MOTHER HAD ABORTED YOU, FOR NO NECESSARY REASON? Chrissie was rich, she was in good health, she was not ***** and Jimmy was not her brother. Killing a baby for none of the above reasons cold blooded murder-IMO.


It's a bunch of cells grouped together, not a baby. A potential life.
05-09-2013 01:04 PM
thrust
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Personally I find that attitude disgusting and lacking compassion.
How about some compassion for the murdered helpless baby, instead of a greedy snotty bitch, that is and was Chris Evert? SUPPOSE YOUR MOTHER HAD ABORTED YOU, FOR NO NECESSARY REASON? Chrissie was rich, she was in good health, she was not ***** and Jimmy was not her brother. Killing a baby for none of the above reasons cold blooded murder-IMO.
05-09-2013 05:57 AM
Lopez
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
BULLSHIT! Abortion IS murder
No
05-09-2013 01:43 AM
thrust
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
I disagree with this on a fundamental level. A fetus is not a child and often unwanted pregnancies simply create more problems and destroy existing lives while giving a crappy life to a new person.

There is a pretty well-established correlation between abortion laws and crime rates (i.e. legalizing abortion results in lower crime), which is a pretty good argument from society's point of view.
BULLSHIT! Abortion IS murder of an innocent child Chrisie created. This was mutual sex, not ****, so IMO she had no morally acceptable reason to kill her child. She, even on her own, had plenty of money to support the child comfortably. At 19 Chris had plenty of time to have the baby and come back a champion. Others: Court, Goolagong and Clijsters did so at a later stage of their careers. Like BJK, Chrissie killed a baby to play tennis, which is beneath contempt.
05-09-2013 01:30 AM
thrust
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
I think of Jimmy Connors as one of the biggest a-holes in tennis but here it's Chris Evert who comes off as a huge B!tch. I feel bad for him, though obviously a woman like that is better off with some other poor sap. No surprise she's been divorced four times now to 3 other poor saps.
SO TRUE! Chrissie always struck me as a total bitch. Jimmy, though no Boy Scout on the tennis court, seemed a likable guy off court.
05-08-2013 10:18 PM
Pirata.
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
A woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her own body, regardless of what some science fiction book claims is right or wrong. It's high time people let go of the petty morals and ethics that usually accompany these debates. Our technology allows the females the convenience of getting rid of unwanted....luggage. So, I say, it should be utilized - if the woman does not want the baby.


"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Topspindoctor again."
05-08-2013 10:12 PM
Tennis Fool
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Asshole.

And he knew very well what the headline for the book would be.

Jimmy always did like revenge.
Ironically that he named the book "The Outsider," when being so would have kept him out of trouble
05-08-2013 07:42 PM
Lee
Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Update:

Jimbo is doing the interview rounds on Friday, including The Today Show and Rock Center with Brian Williams.
I usually don't watch these shows and definitely will avoid them this Friday
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome