MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4. Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
09-27-2012 01:16 AM
Topspindoctor
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

Being broken 3 times by Karlovic. This Mugtosevic is good.
09-27-2012 12:41 AM
Transcender
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

Ok, so maybe Ivo's is more effective, but it's not as good.
09-26-2012 06:25 PM
uxyzapenje
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic double bagels Matosevic without a tiebreak. 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Milos always has had and always will have a better serve than Ivo's, period, everyone but you it seems knows this, it doesn't matter what you say, this is really pointless at this point, so I'm calling it a day.
You mug. It doesn't matter what I say? Everyone seems to know this? At this point, by your logic, it doesn't matter what YOU say and everyone seems to know that Ivo's serve was best ever (at least 1st, with counting 2nd serves it's between him and Isner) so you can call it whatever you want.
09-26-2012 01:41 PM
Orange Wombat
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

No offense to Ivo, but no one is so excited about him winning because he's mainly just a serve.
09-26-2012 01:40 PM
motorhead
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

the whole 'if Raonic had Ivo's height'
09-26-2012 01:37 PM
bjurra
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic double bagels Matosevic without a tiebreak. 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Milos always has had and always will have a better serve than Ivo's, period, everyone but you it seems knows this, it doesn't matter what you say, this is really pointless at this point, so I'm calling it a day.
You should call it a day because you lack both the rhetorical skills and the tennis knowledge to win this argument.
09-26-2012 01:34 PM
bjurra
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic double bagels Matosevic without a tiebreak. 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
That's what I said, I said his serve is only good because of his height pretty much, it's not due to actual tennis skill, which is what Milos's is.
Karlovic's first serve is technically perfect. His 2nd serve lacks variation however.
09-26-2012 01:00 PM
Hewitt =Legend
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

OP needs to chillax, the legendary B-Nard result took about 14 hours for even one thread to be opened. Why no one has been banned over that travesty is beyond me...
09-26-2012 12:35 PM
Transcender
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
This discussion better be a joke. Milos and Ivo's serve are comparable now that Ivo is far past his prime.

In his prime, Ivo's first serve is the biggest weapon in tennis history, Milos's doesn't come close at all and never will.
This comment better be a joke, hyperbole much.
09-26-2012 12:13 PM
Satasonic
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
This discussion better be a joke. Milos and Ivo's serve are comparable now that Ivo is far past his prime.

In his prime, Ivo's first serve is the biggest weapon in tennis history, Milos's doesn't come close at all and never will.
I still think that Ivo's serve is the much more powerful weapon overall. Raonic does indeed have a great second serve and better groundstrokes, but thats a different point whatsoever.

Servewise, Ivo>Milos.
09-26-2012 12:11 PM
Mark Lenders
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

This discussion better be a joke. Milos and Ivo's serve are comparable now that Ivo is far past his prime.

In his prime, Ivo's first serve is the biggest weapon in tennis history, Milos's doesn't come close at all and never will.
09-26-2012 09:47 AM
Transcender
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic double bagels Matosevic without a tiebreak. 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Federer, Berdych, Tipsarevic, Almagro etc. all have better 'tennis skills' then Karlovic when it comes to their serves. But Ivo has as ADVANTAGE of being tall as a God damn skyscraper and that MAKES his serve BETTER. Better serve = more effective serve = you win more easy points of it. It's like football players having a good technique but are weaker than an average 80y-o grandma or slow as a snail... Being tall is a part of who you are as a player. It's an advantage just as having a better FH or being faster or having a better movement. So you can't say "Milos' serve is better bcs he is shorter than Ivo" or "If he was taller...". If he was taller maybe his serve would be better than Ivo's, but he isn't and it isn't.
Milos always has had and always will have a better serve than Ivo's, period, everyone but you it seems knows this, it doesn't matter what you say, this is really pointless at this point, so I'm calling it a day.
09-26-2012 09:43 AM
henke007
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

Servebot
09-26-2012 09:33 AM
hotdog
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic def. Matosevic 6-3 6-4.

Anyone care to tell us what happened in this match? I'm not interested in the relative merits of big servers....
09-26-2012 08:52 AM
uxyzapenje
Re: Bangkok round 32: Karlovic double bagels Matosevic without a tiebreak. 6-3 6-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Of course it changes everything, If Milos was the same height as Ivo his serve would be even better cause he has more skill to it than Ivo's, it's skill we are talking about here when it comes to serve, not height, there are quite a few servers out there with better skill than Ivo, if they were the same height as him they would all be better, they are all better at their own heights, but because they are less tall they aren't quite as good in the stats, Ivo's stats look better cause he's taller, not cause he's got the skills.
Federer, Berdych, Tipsarevic, Almagro etc. all have better 'tennis skills' then Karlovic when it comes to their serves. But Ivo has as ADVANTAGE of being tall as a God damn skyscraper and that MAKES his serve BETTER. Better serve = more effective serve = you win more easy points of it. It's like football players having a good technique but are weaker than an average 80y-o grandma or slow as a snail... Being tall is a part of who you are as a player. It's an advantage just as having a better FH or being faster or having a better movement. So you can't say "Milos' serve is better bcs he is shorter than Ivo" or "If he was taller...". If he was taller maybe his serve would be better than Ivo's, but he isn't and it isn't.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome