MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
12-27-2011 07:26 AM
FedvsNole
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Their matches in slams have always been so lopsided in nadal's favor. Even when nadal had been destroyed so many times by nole up to the us open semi, murray still could only get 1 set off of nadal.

The only hope for murray is nadal has really lost passion or is now really injured with a shoulder or some shit knee. Murray's best chance to beat nadal will be at the AO 2012. If they meet and murray goes down again on arguably one of his best surfaces murray won't beat nadal in a slam this year just like last so nothing has changed

/thread.
12-27-2011 07:17 AM
guga2120
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Yes, he could certainly beat him more, especially if they play alot on hard. Don't put too much stock in the Bangkok win, though. A little different beating him at Roland Garros/Wimbledon.
12-27-2011 07:04 AM
Shinoj
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post



Nadal did have a "peak" and Shinoj doesnt know what he talking about. He peaked from clay season 2008 and there he was near unbeatable. But most great players at their best are near unbeatable because usually playing their best involves in a big way not letting the opponent play his best. Which is why you hardly see matches in which both great players play to their maximum best.
I cant talk about 2008 and so because that was the time i stopped watching Tennis.

But what i can gather about his game was that his only Rival,Federer had a big big mental Block about Nadal. It was almost funny. Federer would play his natural game in the first set till he leads 5-4 or 5-2 or so. Nadal would slowly turn the game on his own tempo by hitting, yes, Yours truly High moonballs on Federer's Backhand. And that was it. Federer would always play a catch up game from there, hitting the odd winners and eliciting symphathetic respnse from the crowd, but he cannot overcome the Ghost of Nadal, which is nowehere but in his own head, he wilts and folds up in 4 sets. And that happens in exactly all of their matches.


And there were no real rivals really for Nadal during those times. Murray was madly inconsistent. And there were odd Del Potros who came on sporadically enough to raise hopes but dissappeared as fast as they came.

This was my feeling about Nadal and his lack of competition during those times. however i might be wrong as i had mentioned earlier i didnt watch as closely as i did during earlier Eras. The lack of competition was appalling during what you say "Peak Nadal" times.


I say Peak Nadal never existed. He bought a playing style which nobody had seen before. A highly physical game with never say dies attitude which was imbibed by tony since he opened his eyes. Once that attitude was imbibed tony had to teach him basics of Tennis and cleverly he taught him playing Left Handed and playing with Topspin which was a remarbably ingenial move in hindsight. Some might think it as a Genius but i think he completely based Nadal's game on one of the greatest player the World has ever seen. Yes Bjorn Borg. The similarities are eerie. Borg played with a Never say die spirit. He played with a TopSpin and he played a waiting game. You can put your house, your car, you whole neighborhood on this that in future Nadal will come out and say that toni based his game almost on Bjorn Borg.

I can congratulate Toni/Nadal on their supreme planning and dedication but there will be only one Bjorn Borg, A player was a genius, who never had anyone guiding him fulltime, he came out like a lone force; dicdated the whole Tour to play on his terms. In short he was like a Napolean. He cam he saw he conquered. And in hindsight i can see so many players who have based their game on Bjorn Borg. Its remarkably uncanny.

For me these are the only true genuises who also reached sublime heights of the game.

Rod Laver, Bjorn Borg and Roger Federer.
12-27-2011 06:54 AM
Chirag
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post


Watch Federer from Wimbledon 2006 to Australian Open 2007 and tell me how many player can beat that Federer.

We can go round and round with this. No one stays in their peak forever. This crap that fans and pundits talk about beating a guy "at his best" is bull. It is not really that simple.

Nadal did have a "peak" and Shinoj doesnt know what he talking about. He peaked from clay season 2008 and there he was near unbeatable. But most great players at their best are near unbeatable because usually playing their best involves in a big way not letting the opponent play his best. Which is why you hardly see matches in which both great players play to their maximum best.
I know but he believes Tsonga Murray Nalbandian and I dont know who can beat that Rafa at his best which is just nonsense And 2 players can never play at their best for the full match at the same time
12-27-2011 06:19 AM
Mystique
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
Shinoj watch Nadal from Hamburg 2008 to the Olympics that year and tell me that many players can beat that Rafa


Watch Federer from Wimbledon 2006 to Australian Open 2007 and tell me how many player can beat that Federer.

We can go round and round with this. No one stays in their peak forever. This crap that fans and pundits talk about beating a guy "at his best" is bull. It is not really that simple.

Nadal did have a "peak" and Shinoj doesnt know what he talking about. He peaked from clay season 2008 and there he was near unbeatable. But most great players at their best are near unbeatable because usually playing their best involves in a big way not letting the opponent play his best. Which is why you hardly see matches in which both great players play to their maximum best.
12-27-2011 06:03 AM
Shinoj
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
You are a funny poster. Nadal has clearly played better or worse like any tennis player for that matter.

All the guys you mention as being able to beat Nadal when at their best can potentially also beat anyone else when at their best.

However every player you mentioned has a losing record against Nadal which is an important point and no doubt one you will ignore.

I am just saying that more often than not its the opponents who win the game for Nadal than vice versa.
12-27-2011 04:33 AM
Mountaindewslave
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
Shinoj watch Nadal from Hamburg 2008 to the Olympics that year and tell me that many players can beat that Rafa
very well said, that sort of level rarely emerges, definitely a good point. It's quite clear at this point that Shinjoh?**** is just trying to stir up trouble though hahah
12-27-2011 03:32 AM
Chirag
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Shinoj watch Nadal from Hamburg 2008 to the Olympics that year and tell me that many players can beat that Rafa
12-26-2011 06:30 PM
tribalfusion
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
That depends. If he is playing a shit scared Federer he obviously will be pumped up but against Djokovic he wont have that. It almost depends on his opponents form than his.
You are a funny poster. Nadal has clearly played better or worse like any tennis player for that matter.

All the guys you mention as being able to beat Nadal when at their best can potentially also beat anyone else when at their best.

However every player you mentioned has a losing record against Nadal which is an important point and no doubt one you will ignore.
12-26-2011 05:53 PM
Shinoj
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
there is of course his peak form ...when he is fast,precise,never misses,get's to any ball,o mental lapses and so on
That depends. If he is playing a shit scared Federer he obviously will be pumped up but against Djokovic he wont have that. It almost depends on his opponents form than his.
12-26-2011 05:36 PM
Saberq
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
There is no Best form for Nadal. He is that steady almost all the time. There is nothing called as a Peak in his play. He preys on his opponents weaknesses most of the time.
there is of course his peak form ...when he is fast,precise,never misses,get's to any ball,o mental lapses and so on
12-26-2011 05:20 PM
Shinoj
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Yeah but that also means that Nadal is not in his best form ......


There is no Best form for Nadal. He is that steady almost all the time. There is nothing called as a Peak in his play. He preys on his opponents weaknesses most of the time.
12-26-2011 05:17 PM
Saberq
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Many players at their best ever form can easily defeat Nadal

Djokovic,Federer,Murray,Tsonga,Nalbandian,Del Potro. The List is quite long in fact.
Yeah but that also means that Nadal is not in his best form ......
12-26-2011 05:12 PM
Shinoj
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Many players at their best ever form can easily defeat Nadal

Djokovic,Federer,Murray,Tsonga,Nalbandian,Del Potro. The List is quite long in fact.
12-26-2011 04:24 PM
HKz
Re: Murray Nadal Rivalry- New Dimension in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Mugray is a talentless pusher, thus he has zero slams and Nadal has 10. How many times clueless Mugray fangirls started these dumb topics after Nadal lost some meaningless match and then went on to thrash the pusher in slams? Mugray should consider his USO 2008 win and AO 2010 wins over Nadal the best and most important matches of his career, because this mug will never beat Nadal in slam again.
Damn, a talentless pusher with zero slams beat your queen Nadal at a slam event twice while he has never defeated your rival "Olderer" at a slam ever... ouch

You do realize the more you make all the players around your god Nadal look bad, it makes Nadal look even worse, don't you?
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome