MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic

Thread: Nadal will Fall Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-15-2011 06:57 AM
GSMnadal
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paylu2007 View Post
This seems hopeless now,dunno why...
The second part is still true
10-15-2011 06:17 AM
Paylu2007
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo#1Fan View Post
Nadal will be year end #1 even if he doesn't play the hard court season. Every year he could just play the clay and grass seasons and then take 6 months off to rest/practice and he'd still easily maintain top 5 ranking.
This seems hopeless now,dunno why...
10-15-2011 05:37 AM
MuzzahLovah
Re: Nadal will Fall

[youtube]20Ov0cDPZy8&ob=av2e[/youtube]
10-15-2011 05:09 AM
paseo
Re: Nadal will Fall

These "will fall" threads are good investments. Cause you're bound to be right eventually.
10-15-2011 05:04 AM
abraxas21
Re: Nadal will Fall

07-02-2010 02:15 PM
@Sweet Cleopatra
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni John View Post
No, I am a Swedish who has learned Chinese by myself

Rafa is so talented and so strong that no one can beat him Except himself
omg I want to learn Chinese too, how to do it.
07-02-2010 02:03 PM
RafaTheBest
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvester View Post
might even be earlier. He's pulling out of Davis cup because of knee soreness again. How much longer are they going to hold up? Even with his reduced schedule they are getting sore and there's still the upcoming hardcourt season. It will tell in what kind of shape he is in I think by the end of the USO. He almost lost at wimby early on just like Federer, people will start to figure out ways of beating him sooner rather than later.
Wow, this proves what a moron you are. He isn't pulling out of DC due to soreness. He's pulling out to lighten his schedule before the USO because he desperately wants to complete that career GS and that's all he cares about after Wimby this year. Fucking idiots this board has.
07-02-2010 12:13 PM
NADALbULLS
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
of course, Rafa is way more successful than Shakira
I see what you did there
07-02-2010 10:21 AM
lazybear
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4RC View Post
Your point is based on wild speculation, so I feel free to speculate as well.

1) If Nadal had to retire at 28 he would had remained 11 years as an elite tennis player. He could feel very well satisfied, with or without knee issues.

2) At the age of 22 Nadal had already accomplished everything that can be accomplished in men's professional tennis: several slams on 3 different surfaces, a bunch of M1000, several Davis Cups, Olympics Gold in singles and world #1.

3) Apart from that, he will always be remembered as Federer's nemesis, the one that prevented him to increase his legacy, the one that won 2/3 matches against him, the one that defeated him in 3/4 slam finals (including surfaces like hard and grass where Federer is considerered one of the greatest ever to play on them). He will always be remembered as the dominator between the two in his rivalry against probably the best player to ever play the game.

4) He is not the pigeon of any other player, and he has not a differential of -2 in his H2H against any other player. He is probably one of the toughest players to beat ever and probably the best ever at the mental department. His defense and movement while fit and healthy is also unparalleled. He also has the best records while playing 5-setters.

5) That facts alone are impressive, but he also possesses the best records, stats and streaks ever achieved on clay. He is an extremely great player overall but has also mastered to near perfection his game on clay (he is considered the best ever on the surface by many).

Now let's speculate:

6) If Nadal wins another Wimbledon (quite likely to happen this year), 1 USO and two more RG he'd have 11 Slams, including 7 RG (the absolute clay GOAT forever), 2 Wimbledons, 1 AO and 1 USO. That means he would complete the Career Golden Slam including at least a couple of slams on every surface. Has any other player of the Open Era ever achieved it? Not even Federer.

7) If Nadal wins two more M1000 he would have 20. None of the current pro players are going to win more than 10-12 (at their very best) overall.

I don't need him to be considered the GOAT (and he won't) and I'm perfectly fine with his current career (it's TOP-10 right now), but if he manages to win 1 Wimbly (this year he has a very good chance), 1 USO (I have the feeling he'll have a shot this year or in 2011), 2 RG (HEAVY, and I mean HEAVY favourite) and 2 M1000 (quite likely to happen in 2010) then he'd have one of the best overall careers including the Golden Slam (not to forget he achieved the Olympic Gold on a fast hardcourt) with 2+ of slams on every surface (one-dimensional dirt moonballer, anyone?), 20 M1000, at least 3 Davis Cups, clayGOAT status for ages and the edge of the rivalry between him and Federer.

PS. Federer is great and 16>7. I'm just pointing that Nadal has nothing left to prove in tennis and he could well retire today and be remembered as a legend in the game (the same goes for Federer, obviously).
Wow, that's a surprisingly good, and even somewhat unbiased post from you. Well done.
07-02-2010 10:07 AM
Mimi
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALbULLS View Post
The Queen will be a bigger Nadal fan than Shakira when tis over
of course, Rafa is way more successful than Shakira
07-02-2010 10:03 AM
NADALbULLS
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
I hope the queen is going to watch this match so that murray will get nervous and allow rafa more chance to win
The Queen will be a bigger Nadal fan than Shakira when tis over
07-02-2010 10:03 AM
Mimi
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni John View Post
that is the most difficult part of Chinese

however I will try my best

and good luck to both Legend Rafa and Cute Andy
you are already very good, i don't know a Swedish word
07-02-2010 09:48 AM
Danni John
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
thank you, thats true, though I am not very patriotic, but I do think Chinese is a very unique language as just one word can contain the deepest meanings.
that is the most difficult part of Chinese

however I will try my best

and good luck to both Legend Rafa and Cute Andy
07-02-2010 09:46 AM
Mimi
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gêmeos View Post
In fact Murray is under the great pressure of the British crowd
I hope the queen is going to watch this match so that murray will get nervous and allow rafa more chance to win
07-02-2010 09:45 AM
Gêmeos
Re: Nadal will Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni John View Post
Murray just tries his best

he has already defended all his points so he can just enjoy his game

However rafa is the more favored

Chinese is a unique Language as well as it is such a beautiful one
In fact Murray is under the great pressure of the British crowd
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome