MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Endless Era Debates Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 06:57 PM
Tutsi Frutsi
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBadFed View Post
Yes he has definitely turned into more of a grinder along with improving his serve. An unbiased observer would find it hard to argue. But most Fed fanboys refuse CURRENT reality.
Props for admitting the truth presented in opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBadFed View Post
Providing the match vs Blake as a proof of anything
Today 06:54 PM
Tutsi Frutsi
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Deary me. The pure desperation of the Noletards, who know in their hearts that Novak is ruling the weakest era in history with a declined old man as his biggest rival... this intellectual dishonesty and blatant dismissal of obvious facts might be the most tragic thing I've seen on MTF since I joined here. And I was here when CD, SdG and Feds_Mate were peaking!
If you started talking about intellectual honesty then why are you being so dishonest pretending like prime Djokovic wouldn't have done as much as Federer in 2004-2007? In fact Novak wouldn't have lost to Kuerten at RG, Safin at AO and taking into account Djoko's competetive matches vs prime 2012-2013 Nadal there's no guarantee teen 2005-2007 Nadal would have beaten prime Djokovic which means easily 2 CYGS in the worst case scenario for Nole in 2004-2007.
Today 06:52 PM
Tutsi Frutsi
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Deary me. The pure desperation of the Noletards, who know in their hearts that Novak is ruling the weakest era in history with a declined old man as his biggest rival... this intellectual dishonesty and blatant dismissal of obvious facts might be the most tragic thing I've seen on MTF since I joined here. And I was here when CD, SdG and Feds_Mate were peaking!
Ok genius, how it happened that Fed's power has declined , but not the movement?
Today 06:50 PM
Mr.Black
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

There must be data on rally FH speeds, I remember reading somewhere, Federer's in 2009/10 being at average 75 mph, slower than Nadal's and Djokovic's at the time. Wonder what his average FH rally speed was in 2015.
Today 04:30 PM
TooBadFed
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutsi Frutsi View Post
The point of the thread is that Fed fans exposed themselves with their own logic. They say Fed's power has declined, so it's obvious from the videos I provided(there're hundreds of videos like that) Roger became a grinder to stay competetive, but they have the nerve to call Djokovic out for his athletic game.
Federer's forehand has been gone since he changed rackets from 90 sq inch to 98 sq inch in 2013 or whatever it was. It was painfully obvious.

Yes he has definitely turned into more of a grinder along with improving his serve. An unbiased observer would find it hard to argue. But most Fed fanboys refuse CURRENT reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Days Grace View Post
Federer is actually a defensive player with a good serve. Two myths about his game: attack-oriented (only servebotting plus forehand winners after opponent's bad/short returns) and variety (his backhand is so weak that he often has to slice, so it looks like he tries to change the rhythm).
His movement has declined so much with age that yes, NOW those things you say are true.

But if you think those are myths, just watch this video that was posted today in the other thread

Problem is a lot of fans end up living in the past from 10 years ago. Federer WAS an attacking player wtih variety off both wings. Today? Hardly

Today 04:28 PM
BodyServe
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

This is a myth, a players shot can't decline, at least not substantially so. Movement, reaction time and speed can though.
Today 04:27 PM
Claybot
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Days Grace View Post
Federer is actually a defensive player with a good serve.
Today 04:23 PM
DinnerWarrior
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

And that stunt took so much out of him that he never won a single point after that. He can still produce an occasional trick, but it is invariably followed with a string of errors. Not that he didn't make errors in his prime/peak, but the ratio of tricks to errors has declined significantly, that's the difference.
I don't think prime Federer would net three consecutive second serve returns. Indeed, had that ever happened before?
Today 04:17 PM
Orka_n
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Deary me. The pure desperation of the Noletards, who know in their hearts that Novak is ruling the weakest era in history with a declined old man as his biggest rival... this intellectual dishonesty and blatant dismissal of obvious facts might be the most tragic thing I've seen on MTF since I joined here. And I was here when CD, SdG and Feds_Mate were peaking!
Today 01:36 PM
Three Days Grace
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

Federer is actually a defensive player with a good serve. Two myths about his game: attack-oriented (only servebotting plus forehand winners after opponent's bad/short returns) and variety (his backhand is so weak that he often has to slice, so it looks like he tries to change the rhythm).
Today 12:46 PM
Devon
Re: If Federer's forehand has declined...

federer is lack of power.
Today 12:42 PM
Tutsi Frutsi
If Federer's forehand has declined...

then to stay in top-3 in current tough era he must have compensated it with something else(serve improvement wouldn't have done it alone).

Watching the points below you could see quite a beautiful sight. Federer's power has declined, but he replaced it with successful attempts to grind out his opponents. One would think that in mid 30s movement is the element which should have declined the most, but it's not the case for Roger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuSLPm5cgWs#t=7m11s



P.S. It's not even official that Fed's power has decreased because the courts became slower and you can't just visually measure the speed of the ball to compare the eras in an accurate way.

The point of the thread is that Fed fans exposed themselves with their own logic. They say Fed's power has declined, so it's obvious from the videos I provided(there're hundreds of videos like that) Roger became a grinder to stay competetive, but they have the nerve to call Djokovic out for his athletic game.
01-18-2016 01:53 AM
ohnoitsmchl
Re: There couldn’t be any peak to peak arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutsi Frutsi View Post
The biggest myth ever heard in tennis consists of the claims that just because Fed won RG-11 SF out of 5 matches vs Djokovic in that season then it surely means younger Fed would have handled Novak in a comfortable way. Taking into account Nadal at the very least wasn't worse in FO-11 final compared to his FO-05/06/07 self we easily break the illusion presented in the first sentence by looking at the stats of Fed's games won in FO-11 final and as we see Roger did better job in that final than in any of the previous ones, plus he should have won way more games if it wasn't for the astonishing choke that took its place after failed dropshot in 1st set. Contrary to the popular belief, it was Fed who was at his peak in 2011, not Novak who reached his best form in 2015-2016, so if Federer at his peak out of 5 matches loses 4 then there couldn't be any peak to peak talk because Nadal has already said that Peakovic is simply too good for him, but Fed and his fans aren't as humble as Rafa, that's why they try to hide the truth.
But 2015 Federer beats 2015 Djokovic 3 out of 9 times, so? You were joking though, right?
01-18-2016 12:53 AM
tennisfan3 This is a stupid thread made by someone who knows nothing.

The fact is, Nole played like shit and Federer didn't. The end. Simple.

Nole corrected that aberration by straight-setting Federer the following year at the very same place.
01-18-2016 12:52 AM
WhiskeyEE
Re: There couldn’t be any peak to peak arguments.

The balls at 2011 RG were smaller. That's why Fed did well despite his decline.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome