MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-12-2012 09:45 PM
Lestat
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I bandwagoned him when he was injured and then I came off it before he started playing again. I admit though it was stupid. I can't remember why I even did that.



If you think watching a ball getting smacked over and over again the same way is more entertaining than smart, tactical tennis then that's your problem.

That's a legit reason to hate someone. Are all people from Argentina like this or is it just the ones on here?

Pusher? Wrong. Non-tactician? Wrong. Helped by wind? Wrong, he was also playing in the wind in case you didn't know. Tennis died then? Wrong. Biggest disgrace in tennis? Wrong.

Congratulations, you said 5 incorrect things in a row in 2 sentences. That's quite impressive.
Im always astonished with your arguments, you never change brateod
10-12-2012 05:25 PM
Your Majesty
Re: Why are ballbashers seen more highly than defenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Making things happen > waiting for errors.

Besides, in this slow court era, there's much more merit in succeeding with a big hitting style than with an all-out defending/grinding style, to which the conditions are perfectly suited.
This.

I also don't think Andy is A pusher, just an all around fella who's at his most confortable playing defensive tennis, I see that a lot whenever the opponent starts turning the tables, his natural reaction has been of switching to that pushing style. I do think that he's got quite the offensive game, a very fine one.
10-12-2012 05:20 PM
Sapeod
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The most hilarious thing is that Crapeod was actually a fan of Del Potro and predicted he would win RG 2012. Later on, he edited his posts, changed the topic title and started calling him brainless/one dimensional etc. Bandwagoning at its finest.
I bandwagoned him when he was injured and then I came off it before he started playing again. I admit though it was stupid. I can't remember why I even did that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
because they're less boring to watch. simple as that. we decided what we like based on how it looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Because it is more entertaining to watch.
If you think watching a ball getting smacked over and over again the same way is more entertaining than smart, tactical tennis then that's your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Yes, he is highly disliked here because of his troubles with DelPotro when they were junior. and because he is ugly as hell.
That's a legit reason to hate someone. Are all people from Argentina like this or is it just the ones on here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the biggest insult here is mugray winning a GS being a non-tactician pusher helped by wind. Biggest disgrace for tennis. Tennis died last september.
Pusher? Wrong. Non-tactician? Wrong. Helped by wind? Wrong, he was also playing in the wind in case you didn't know. Tennis died then? Wrong. Biggest disgrace in tennis? Wrong.

Congratulations, you said 5 incorrect things in a row in 2 sentences. That's quite impressive.
10-12-2012 05:06 PM
Lestat
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
You should give up then. From your posts, I can tell you don't understand much of anything so trying to understand me won't work.

When what I have to reply to is, for the most part, nonsense, it deserves the response it gets.

As I said, if something is garbage, it's treated as such.

I actually prefer red to green.

Perhaps because he's not a pusher and anyone who says so is wrong? You don't need to call him a tactician if you don't want to (he is though), but he is very obviously not a pusher.

Laughing at the suggestion that Andy is a tactician is insulting. He's nothing but a tactician.

And, what a surprise, you're wrong. Don't even compare Del Potro's "tactics" to Andy's. That's insulting and nonsense.
the biggest insult here is mugray winning a GS being a non-tactician pusher helped by wind. Biggest disgrace for tennis. Tennis died last september.
10-12-2012 05:02 PM
out_grinder
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Tennis is a simple sport that attracts simple people who want to see a ball being hit very hard, lots of aces and nothing more.

Tacticians have no place in the sport of tennis.
10-12-2012 05:02 PM
GSMnadal
Re: Why are ballbashers seen more highly than defenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
yes, that's really hilarious
It's the one shot the so called 'GOAT' never had an answer to. A shot that gave him Clay GOATness, 11 slams, Olympic gold etc. etc.
10-12-2012 04:55 PM
krakenzero
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Put in a court a shotmaker at his best against a tactician at his best. Then you'll have your answer. For me it's clear.
10-12-2012 11:57 AM
buzz
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Murray is really talented. He is strong, tall, very fast and can hit very solid groundstrokes even on the run and out of balance. With this traits he can neutralize or hit an outright winner from positions where nearly every other player in top100 has no chance. He is not in the top10% of tacticians out of the top100 in my opinion.

Especially his mental tactics suck! how can somebody be a tactical genius when he screams that he is sick and uncertain etc, or am I mistaking and are these tantrums designed to put the opponent on a wrong foot?
10-12-2012 11:44 AM
out_grinder
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Hey Sapeod do you think all of us here are saying Murray is a pusher for fun?If every single living person on this forum says he is a pusher then he is a pusher
This forum is ridiculous, and not something that tennis fans should be proud of.

If every single living person on this forum says that every single living tennis player is a talentless mug vulturing in a weak era (which they do) - then it is obviously the case.
10-12-2012 07:25 AM
Johnbert
Re: Why are ballbashers seen more highly than defenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Hilarious comment.

Nadal has the greatest forehand in tennis
yes, that's really hilarious
10-12-2012 06:37 AM
Lestat
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
ahahahaha.

Murray is about as popular in Argentina as the Iron Bitch.
Yes, he is highly disliked here because of his troubles with DelPotro when they were junior. and because he is ugly as hell.
10-12-2012 05:44 AM
atennisfan
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Because it is more entertaining to watch.


/thread
10-12-2012 05:43 AM
atennisfan
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Like you were a Fedfan before Dull beat him a few times?
OMG!
really?


This is the biggest LOL ever!
10-12-2012 02:58 AM
Honestly
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
What are you smoking? I was never a fan of Olderer
So you claim...
10-12-2012 02:51 AM
Mountaindewslave
Re: Why are ballbashers more highly regarded than tacticians like Murray?

because they're less boring to watch. simple as that. we decided what we like based on how it looks. /thread
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome