MensTennisForums.com - Reply to Topic
Thread: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
08-25-2012 06:37 AM
Mae
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Sorry I don't agree. Now if said player just chooses not to be in a Tournament then "celebrate" all you want, but I just find it hard to believe that people really want to "celebrate" a said player--any player--having an injury or being sick and not being able to play in a Tournament. I would never do that no matter what the name really is of "said player".
08-25-2012 04:42 AM
Sunset of Age
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

There's quite a bit of a difference between 'celebrating an injury' of whatever a player, or just being happy/pleased/relieved for one's own fav player that said injured player isn't able to enter a certain tournament.

A subtle difference it is, indeed, but I don't feel like there's any need to be oversensitive on this particular matter.
Fed fans 'cheer' whenever Rafa or Djoko aren't around, Djoko fans 'cheer' whenever Murray or Fed aren't around, Rafa fans 'cheer'... etc. etc. etc.

Not a bit deal imho.
08-25-2012 04:24 AM
Mae
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

The thing that really shocks me here is that there are posters that think it is all right to "celebrate" an injury to a player I would never "celebrate" any player having an injury or being sick and not being able to play in a Tournament!
08-24-2012 08:43 PM
HKz
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Johnny Groove making this more than what it is, extra drama as usual.. Plenty of anti-Nadal posters have been banned (including permabanned) and I have seen plenty of Nadal hatred comments get deleted. Use a little sense here, you aren't a mod Johnny, so how can you be entirely sure what comments get deleted later on and what posters get infractions.. Just because they aren't banned means no action was taken? Certainly there are much more pro-Federer fans here so, perhaps you certainly see more hate against Rafa, but it may be so that such posters are very stretched out, so all these posters getting a couple, even several, infractions individually may not amount to actually anything. But on the other hand, there are a lot of repeat offenders of Rafatards/Fedhaters who do constantly get infractions and it leads up to bans.

If something offends you, use the report button. It isn't like the mods can read every single post on this site. So while it might be skewed to the sense that more Fedtard posters are here to report anti-Fed/Rafatard posts than vise versa, I sincerely doubt there is favoritism being played out here. The mods are just playing with the cards they are dealt. Don't be so dramatic on such a pointless thing. Regardless, who is this affecting that you like? I mean I certainly try not to associate with any poster who celebrates any kind of injury myself, and I would imagine you do the same seeing that you are a sensible poster in general, so I'm not sure what all this bitterness is towards because if you like other sensible posters, than such a question from this thread is pointless.
08-24-2012 07:48 PM
scoobs
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
So you want me to start an anti-Federer thread, get the Fedtards all riled up, reporting my posts, and get myself banned? There is your evidence. Fuck that.

I have a feeling this is also a personal vendetta. You've said you'd "put a contract on me" if MTF was the Sopranos. So much for moderator objectivity.

Power corrupts.
Dream on. Unless you get reported, I don't notice you from one slam to the next.

I'm pointing out that I believe you're wrong, if you have evidence of this so-called bias that a fedfan would get treated differently to a rafafan in this situation, bring it or let's move on. You have whatever views you like. Doesn't make them fact.

Let's get this thread back on topic.
08-24-2012 07:42 PM
Johnny Groove
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Evidence or STFU.
So you want me to start an anti-Federer thread, get the Fedtards all riled up, reporting my posts, and get myself banned? There is your evidence. Fuck that. Meanwhile, the Nadal haters are free to dance on Rafa's grave all over the board, abraxas goes around accusing him of doping behind thinly veiled vocabulary, and nothing happens. There is your evidence. Anyone accuse Fed of doping with thinly veiled vocabulary? Thread deleted, banned poster. And I have nothing against Federer. I am just pointing out this ridiculous double standard.

I have a feeling this is also a personal vendetta. You've said you'd "put a contract on me" if MTF was the Sopranos. So much for moderator objectivity.

Power corrupts.
08-24-2012 07:36 PM
scoobs
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
This is bullshit and you know it. I understand you are more sympathetic to Fed than Nadal, and are trying to appease the masses, but come on, let's be realistic here.
Evidence or STFU.
08-24-2012 07:32 PM
Johnny Groove
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
The double standard is in your head because that's basically just not true. Someone saying they are glad player X is not playing this tournament, due to injury or otherwise, is not against the rules. Other things they say at the same time might well be, but that in itself is not.
This is bullshit and you know it. I understand you are more sympathetic to Fed than Nadal, and are trying to appease the masses, but come on, let's be realistic here.
08-23-2012 10:44 PM
scoobs
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Since it is Nadal, and a lot of MTF posters hate Nadal, of course nothing will be done about the haters wetting themselves about the guy not playing.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and it was Federer out with injury, and Fed haters were wetting themselves, they'd all get banned in a flash.

Double standards much?

Either way, being happy about someone being injured is fucking pathetic and classless, regardless of fan affiliation. I don't like to see anyone being injured, it is devastating to an athlete, and I don't wish it upon anyone. Karma, people, also basic humanity. In an ideal world, I hope for every player to be 100% healthy and competing at a high level.

Those happy about Nadal, or anyone, being out, they have some issues in their own lives they need to sort out.
The double standard is in your head because that's basically just not true. Someone saying they are glad player X is not playing this tournament, due to injury or otherwise, is not against the rules. Other things they say at the same time might well be, but that in itself is not.
08-23-2012 10:05 PM
Ben.
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Let them celebrate. It's an easy way to weed out the hopeless pricks.
08-23-2012 01:32 PM
Johnny Groove
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Since it is Nadal, and a lot of MTF posters hate Nadal, of course nothing will be done about the haters wetting themselves about the guy not playing.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and it was Federer out with injury, and Fed haters were wetting themselves, they'd all get banned in a flash.

Double standards much?

Either way, being happy about someone being injured is fucking pathetic and classless, regardless of fan affiliation. I don't like to see anyone being injured, it is devastating to an athlete, and I don't wish it upon anyone. Karma, people, also basic humanity. In an ideal world, I hope for every player to be 100% healthy and competing at a high level.

Those happy about Nadal, or anyone, being out, they have some issues in their own lives they need to sort out.
08-23-2012 09:44 AM
tripwires
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

It's a non-issue. It would be absolutely ridiculous if there were to be a rule against a poster expressing his/her happiness at a player's injuries.
08-23-2012 07:58 AM
R. Bachelot
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Kiedis being his usual crybaby.
08-22-2012 09:03 PM
scoobs
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

I think wishing injury is one thing.

Being happy that a player is not playing - for reasons of injury or otherwise, is a different matter. Is it very nice to be glad a player can't play due to injury? No. Should we be policing that? I don't personally think so, not as a rule in itself.

However, the floor is open, if people have opinions on this, let them say what they think should happen and we can talk about it.

So far the response hasn't been very strong.
08-22-2012 08:13 PM
Kiedis
Re: Celebrating an injury is much less vile than wishing it?

Silence. I see.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome