any good news? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

any good news?

wilma
04-18-2004, 07:28 AM
So is there any news on Seb's health? I just visited the Monte Carlo site, and he's listed to play, but that doesn't say anything as these sites usually are hopelessly behind. In short: is he going to play???

clem
04-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Yes he's gonna play and guess what, he plays Clément at the first match...

esther
04-18-2004, 10:55 AM
stupid draw

its not fair

Marine
04-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Some news from the report and interview of stade 2:

Seb is ok with his injury, happy to play again, not very happy to play Arnaud, still a big fan of football (hehe he will go support Monaco against Chelsea on tuesday in stadium ! Good guy !!! ), Roland Garros is still his big
obession, even if he admits if gives him pression. And he still likes Clinton... (signature).

Marine
04-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Coollll, there is the video !!! Great videooo

http://stade2.france2.fr/video/stade2f_20040418.ram

http://stade2.france2.fr/images/24stade2_20040418.jpg
http://stade2.france2.fr/images/25stade2_20040418.jpg
http://stade2.france2.fr/images/27stade2_20040418.jpg
http://stade2.france2.fr/images/26stade2_20040418.jpg

luckystar
04-18-2004, 07:58 PM
^cool! thanks

wilma
04-19-2004, 09:41 AM
dammit! he looks great on those pics! which program do you need to watch the video? my computer says I should re-download the program, but how can I if I don't know what it is?

Aww, that's too bad Seb plays Clément in 1st round! I know some of you people have a very difficult problem in deciding where your loyalties are, but I don't! I just hope Seb is mentally strong enough to win :)

Marine
04-19-2004, 09:49 AM
you have to download real player

wilma
04-20-2004, 07:00 AM
Yes, I thought so; thanks, Marine! And I tried, but it doesn't work.
Does anyone know when Seb is going to play?

Alison
04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
They're the third match on,but I have no idea what time it will be.

esther
04-20-2004, 10:51 AM
ollie/marat are on now, so it should start at around hopefully 9:30/10 my time, which is 1:30/2 pm europe time

:D :D :D

esther
04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
thanks for the video marine!!!
it was a fantastic video!! and i coudl actually undersatnd some of it for once!!!! lol

Lizan
04-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Good!! u're improving gurl!!
The cap forward does look good on him as well!!

esther
04-23-2004, 01:13 PM
hehehe thanks lizanne! :)
omg i love that interview!!

xuzizhen
04-24-2004, 06:20 AM
getty image (http://editorial.****************/source/CFW/imageResults.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState|0|15|0|1|||0 |0|0|0|2|grosjean&p=2)

wilma
04-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Thanks for that link Xuzi. :) It's good to see that his hair is getting longer ;)

Marine
05-11-2004, 03:44 PM
It's good to see that his hair is getting longer ;)

OHH NOOO ! CUT CUT CUT PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

Marine
05-12-2004, 06:59 AM
L'equipe, yesterday:

GROSJEAN SI PRES, SI LOIN.
Bien que battu par Safin, Grosjean rest revenu hier à un niveau plus digne de son talent.
Etat des lieux quelques jours avant RG:

la confiance:
Tres affaiblie après deux tournois sur terre calamiteux, la conficnace n'est paq rveenue comme par enchantement après cette nouvelle défaite. "Mais j'ai le sentiment que, à part le service, j'ai fait un très gros match contre quelqun qui est l'un des joueurs les plus en forme du circuit depuis le début de la saison. C'était un bon test contre quelqun qui est un vainqueur potentiel de RG dans 3 semaines. C'est déjà très positif d'être passé pas loin de la victoire."

Le jeu:
Bien en place. Sébastien a retrouvé hier l'essentiel de ses coups. "Je tape bcp mieux la balle dans l'échange que la semaine dernière, j'ai ressenti une bonne sensation à la frapper. C'est une grande source de satisfaction."

Le service:
Le gros point noir, bien sûr. Et le plus gros sujet d'inquiétude sur le plan technique. "D'abord, c'est clair que si je sers ne serait-ce qu'un peu mieux au 1er set, je le gagne. Maintenant, il va falloir que je le bosse dur pendant des heures. Il faut que je sois en mesure de me procurer un maximum de points faciles à Roland."

Le physique:
Enfin un vrai sujet de satisfaction: "C'était pourtant une bagarre très intense mais à la fin du latch, j'avais le sentiment de pouvoir reparytir pour deux heures de plus s'il le fallait".

Les perspectives:
Engagé ici en double avec Arnaud Clément, Sébastien essaira de glaner cette semaine quelques matches de plus (raté !!) entre deux séances d'entrainement. Mais pas question d'ajouter un autre tournoi au programme. "D'abord parce que j'ai un engagement à honorer à Paris pour une association caritative dont je suis le parrain. Et pis ce n'est pas la dernière fois que j'arrive à Roland en ayant joué peu de matches avant. Mais je crois que ce qui est le plus important dans un grand chelem, c'est la motivation. Et croyez-moi, la mienne est énorme !!". (j'espère bien Seb ! lol)

Alison
05-12-2004, 07:28 AM
It's good to see that his hair is getting longer ;)

:cool: :drool:

Yeah lets start the old 'long hair/short hair' thing again ;),and if we're really stuck for something to chat about,I think he looks good in red ;) :p

wilma
05-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Oooo thanks for getting this old thread back up, for I'm at work now, so I finally got a chance to see that video!! (without sound though, but who cares, I don't understand French anyway).

wilma
05-12-2004, 10:04 AM
:cool: :drool:

Yeah lets start the old 'long hair/short hair' thing again ;),and if we're really stuck for something to chat about,I think he looks good in red ;) :p
White shirt, red shorts, long hair :cool:

esther
05-12-2004, 10:09 AM
L'equipe, yesterday:

GROSJEAN So close but so far away.

Although he was beaten by Safin, Grosjean played at a very high level. This is where Sebastien is at, a few days before RG:

Confidence:
Not great following a couple of disappointing clay court tournaments. This last defeat, however, has ironically given him back a bit of confidence. “I have the feeling that, apart from my serve, I played a good match against someone who’s one of the most in form players on the circuit at the moment and has been from the start of the year. It was a good test against him, who I think is a potential RG winner in 3 weeks time. I thought it was positive to have played as well as I did and I wasn’t that far from victory.

The game:
It’s well in place. Sébastien was able to find all his shots yesterday. “I was rallying really well. A lot better than I was last week. I felt good when I was hitting the ball and I’m satisfied.”

The serve:
For the moment, his downfall. The biggest cause for concern. “I know that if I served better in the first set, I would have won. I’m going to work on it for a few hours now. I’m going to have to fix what’s wrong with it before Roland Garros to be able to win a few more easy points.”

Physique:
Finally, a true point of satisfaction. “It was a real fight out there, it was really intense, bit I felt that even at the end of the match I could have gone on for another 2 hours if I had to.”

Perspectives:
Playing in doubles with Arnaud Clément these last few weeks, Sébastien will try to have a few quieter weeks leading up to the second grand slam of the year. There is no doubt that another tournament will not be added to the schedule. “I’m going to play a charity even in Paris. Too bad if its not the first time I’ve had to play RG without many matches under my belt. But I think that the most important thing is that in a grand slam, it’s the motivation which keeps you going. And believe me, I’m extremely motivated!”

wilma
05-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks Esther! Well, I feel a bit better and optimistic after reading this :)

Alison
05-12-2004, 12:55 PM
White shirt, red shorts, long hair :cool:

:drool: Totally agree!!!!

Marine
05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
totally not agree, sorry girls ! lol

Seb is awful with long hair !

I prefer him with white short, red shirt (or blue marine, like in melbourne ! ) and SHORTTTTTTTTTTT hair ;)

sphaerena
05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
me too i prefere him with short hair! :p his so cute!!!! :D and sorry but i don't love any more the red short :p I hope that the dressing (?) of roland garros this year will going to be more beautiful that the yars past.
I hope i'm going to the pyramide's day ( l'oeuvre de chartié de seb koi..dsl j'suis vraiment nul en anglais!:p) and i l'l take some photos ; )
Ah yes, on the french magazine court central there is an interview of seB....if I had time I will scan it ; )

wilma
05-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, there's no accounting for tastes, is there ;) Welcome, Sphaerena!

Alison, where are you currently from? I'm from the Vatican :)

Alison
05-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi Wilma,I'm currently in the Shetland Isles ;) but I'll be moving on again soon :)

What are you doing in the Vatican? ;)

wilma
05-13-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm right behing that man in the white cap - you can see my arm.

Lizan
05-13-2004, 09:10 PM
all in white, and I dunno still not sure about the hair. Still think he should have long hair when he wears his cap backwards and short if he doesn't wear his cap..
I do agree with marine, a blue shirt does look really good on him as well..

Alison
05-14-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm right behing that man in the white cap - you can see my arm.

So it's you who Arnaud's smiling at! ;)

wilma
05-14-2004, 08:33 AM
all in white, and I dunno still not sure about the hair. Still think he should have long hair when he wears his cap backwards and short if he doesn't wear his cap..
Who? the Pope?

wilma
05-14-2004, 08:34 AM
So it's you who Arnaud's smiling at! ;)
:angel:

Alison
05-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Who? the Pope?

The way Seb's playing at the moment,he'd probably beat him too!! :eek: :p

esther
05-15-2004, 04:02 AM
NEW INTERVIEW: 13th may

You played a really good match at Hamburg against Marat Safin but still unfortunately lost it.
Yeah, I did play a good match. It was better than the one I played against Ferrer in Rome. After Rome, I came to Paris for a couple of days and I was hitting the ball pretty well. I played a good match against Safin, it was a close match. It’s interesting to be able to rival the best players, to be able to play well against someone who could win RG without causing too much of a surprise. It’s encouraging leading up to RG and I’m going to prepare really well in the next 10 days.

You haven’t played much, what are your thoughts before Roland-Garros ?
I haven’t been able to play much because of my virus, which was a big disadvantage for me. Therefore I haven’t played too much on clay. But with a few days of training, nothing before Hamburg, I played well. So it’s a good thing. Now, I have to train hard and try to prepare myself in the best way possible for what’s to come in the 10 days time.

Whats your schedule before RG looking like?
I’m going to start training again tomorrow every day until the start of the competition. I’m playing for the association on the 20th of May, so I’ll be on the courts 2 times a day, with a bit of physical training as well. It’s the classical training program before a big tournament like RG.

Tell us about this charity day.
I’m the ‘godfather’ of the association, ‘Set and match against ‘ataxie’. I’m the godfather of a small boy called Kevin who is suffering from the disease. We try and raise funds for research for this rare illness. I try to give a bit of my time, when I’m able to. Its not easy. It’s really the doctors and researchers who have the work to do. But I try and spend some time with Kevin when i’m able to see him during the French tournaments.

You will play against Andy Roddick ?
Yes, its an exhibition match. Andy Roddick will be there as so will Arnaud Clément. Richard Gasquet may be there as well.

A word about the DC tie against Spain. It will be in September on clay, in Alicante.
We knew that it would be on clay and we expected it may have been in that town for the semi final. It will be a very difficult tie to win, especially as it is in Spain. But we have caused upsets in the past. It will be a long line of tournaments after the TMS, Olympics and US Open, so there will be very little time to prepare for both teams. But we have nothing to lose and we are going to defend our chances as best as we can.

Finally, a word on l’OM who are playing the final of the Coupe de l’UEFA against Valencia on the 19th of May.
It’s great that they have the opportunity to play in a final. Its a great end to the season. I think that everyone in Marseille and all the football fans will looking forward to the final and the Monaco’s one too. It’s great for the team.

wilma
05-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Thank you, Esther. Seb is so nice!

sphaerena
05-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Seb's forum is reopen since yesterday, but it's only during Roland Garros, after they'll reclose it to install a new forum... So if somebody wants come there..... ; ) ( i hope there won't are clash...:s)

xuzizhen
05-19-2004, 04:27 AM
thanks for this info sphaerena

wilma
05-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Only a few more days before RG begins. What do you all think about Seb's chances? I must admit I'm not that optimistic myself. Hope he will make it to the 4th round or QF, but, well, I don't know.... :scared:
Anyway, 'Allez Seb!' seems to be appropriate.

Alison
05-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Only a few more days before RG begins. What do you all think about Seb's chances? I must admit I'm not that optimistic myself. Hope he will make it to the 4th round or QF, but, well, I don't know.... :scared:
Anyway, 'Allez Seb!' seems to be appropriate.

When's the draw made? I hope it's kind to him :rolleyes: He needs as much luck as he can get :o

I hope he makes it past the first few rounds cos it's on Eurosport isn't it? :D ;)

Lizan
05-19-2004, 06:41 PM
YEAHHHH it's on eurosport.. There like 4 channels on my tv who show it!! I'm soooo happy! I Read somewhere that the draws are made on friday..

Marine
05-19-2004, 07:39 PM
If you want some news about Seb, I just can say you this evening he's a front of his tv and he's probably very furious because of football...

Marine
05-19-2004, 07:46 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040519/sge.rvb79.190504175139.photo00.default-384x273.jpg
mercredi mai 19, 7:51 PM
French tennisman Sebastien Grosjean hits the ball, 18 May 2004 at Roland-Garros in Paris, during a training session

Lizan
05-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Marine how do you get that picture without the square around it, so only the picture?? What do you do different then I do?? :confused: :sad:

Marine
05-19-2004, 08:53 PM
It's a pic from yahoo sport, not from getty if it was ur question...lol

I watched a liitle video in the sport news which we can see seb at training and speaking football...

I don't have the direct link, it's http://www.france3.fr/, then, you have to click on "tout le sport" in tous les programmes, then, click on coulisses de roland garros (18/05).

Alison
05-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Great photo! Thanks Marine :)
I did have a look at that link last night,but had (yet another) computer problem so I didn't see it! :sad:

Lizan
05-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Marine, I actually mean something else.. Okay let me explain it this way. When you add a picture, you see the whole picture (as big as it it originally is, and without anything you have to press on to get it in a bigger version).

When I put a picture in here, then I go to "go advanced" and then "manage attachment".. And then the picture I add looks like this (with the square around it)

Lizan
05-20-2004, 09:09 AM
You see with the attahced thumnails.
But I like it better the way you have it. So I was wondering how you do that lol.. By the way thanks for the pic, it's nice

Marine
05-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Ok, you click on the icon "insert image" in the left of underline, center etc... then you put the adress in the window, then ok, then, in general, it works. :)
http://membres.lycos.fr/zefts/Grosjean/2002/photos/40.jpg
(hope seeing this smile the next week...and during the whole tounament lol)

Lizan
05-20-2004, 10:20 AM
http://just-win.com/menstennis/2316_grosjean.jpg

Marine
05-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Congrats :worship:

Lizan
05-20-2004, 11:27 AM
LLLLOOOOL marine thank u so much...

wilma
05-21-2004, 09:19 AM
:eek: Did you all see those leg muscles in Marine's pic? :p