Will Guillermo win Roland Garros ?????????? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Will Guillermo win Roland Garros ??????????

coria-fan04
04-17-2004, 06:28 PM
I personally would love to see him win the French Open.I was so dissapointed when he lost to Martin Verkerk in last years semi-final.This year I think he will learn from that and he has a great chance of winning.I think the only one who stands in his way is Juan Carlos Ferrero.Ferrero and Coria are definetely the 2 best claycourters in the world.

I want Guillermo to win it because I think he rocks!!!

Guille's Girl
04-18-2004, 01:46 AM
I want Guille to win too. He mentally stronger than he was last year (must be the new coach) SO I really think he can do it!!! He wants it really bad too.

Ma. Estefania
04-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Well....as his fan of course, I'd love to watch him winning this tournament some day, and why not this year.

But realistically talking, I think that he has to be physically very very very good to achieve this; last year he made a great run until quarters, but then at the semis totally went down ag. Verkerk :o So he has to be prepared for 7 long matches....if he can do it, and the draw isn't that that that hard....yes, he has a pretty good chance, specially now that Ferrero doesn't look THAT good to defend his title.

luckystar
04-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Well....as his fan of course, I'd love to watch him winning this tournament some day, and why not this year.

But realistically talking, I think that he has to be physically very very very good to achieve this; last year he made a great run until quarters, but then at the semis totally went down ag. Verkerk :o So he has to be prepared for 7 long matches....if he can do it, and the draw isn't that that that hard....yes, he has a pretty good chance, specially now that Ferrero doesn't look THAT good to defend his title.

I agree + he has to stay injury free for a while, which he hopefully will be!

star
04-18-2004, 11:21 PM
He's had a very good year so far. I'd love to see him take over the number 3 spot. :)

LubiG
04-20-2004, 12:28 AM
I'd LOVE to see Guille winning Roland Garros, because it's my favorite Grand Slam, and also his favorite tournament :) PLus, he's got what it takes to win anything. Go Guille!!

alita
04-20-2004, 04:44 AM
I really want Coria to win the RG, but every matches are hard to say, everything can change in every minute on the court..
Now,here is mento carlo,here is yours~coria!!!! BE revenge on ferrero~

Fostin
05-14-2004, 07:30 PM
LOL@alita`s avatar :), btw I would looooooooooove to see him winning that tournament... the best after wimbledon IMO... and yes he MUST BE PHYSICALLY PREPARED...

mordicus18
05-14-2004, 08:54 PM
guille WILL win in rg ! he HAS ti win for us, his best fans ! and if he win in rg, he will (maybe) stay longer in france... close to me...

:devil: mordicus :devil:

undomiele
05-14-2004, 08:58 PM
RG is his destiny. I really don't see how he can NOT win it eventually.

There'll be a party in the Guille forum when he does~!!!! :cool:

Ma. Estefania
05-14-2004, 10:10 PM
There'll be a party in the Guille forum when he does~!!!! :cool:

Of course! :bounce:

We'll fill the whole forum with tons of smilies and more stuff! :aparty:

LubiG
05-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Oh there will be a LOT of smileys if he does win.... ;) :dance:

argiesf
05-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Imagine what would the other fans will say if he wins...NOTHING!!! :haha: VAMOSMAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willie
05-19-2004, 02:17 AM
I think that he arrives to Paris in a good shape, he played a good tennis at hamburg, i think he started the first rounds with not so good tennis but he recovered and played a good match with number 1 Roger in the final. If he plays as he did in Monte-Carlo nobody can win him, instead if he plays as he did in Hamburg he will have a much more complicated tournament but i think that he can do it and he wants revenge with the only player that could win him in almost an year, the great Roger Federer.

Carito_90
05-19-2004, 02:33 AM
If he plays as he did in Monte-Carlo nobody can win him

Definetely. I just hope he can keep up with his level the whole matches.

Heron
05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
I think he also deserve to win RG more than other tennis players :)
he can do it!

Inima
05-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Hello! I think that Guillermo can and he will win RG.
Go, Guille! :woohoo:

Fostin
05-19-2004, 10:20 PM
He deserves it....

raincy81
05-20-2004, 08:40 AM
he is born to win RG!

alita
05-20-2004, 09:59 AM
:wavey: :wavey: raincy! Yup, now he is one of the favourite player to win RG. But the precondition is he must be 100%, physically without any hurt, any pain. Then it would be possible. :yeah: And I think he will on form. Because RG is his favourite tournament.

undomiele
05-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Best of luck Guille!

mordicus18
05-20-2004, 06:50 PM
I won't go to rg next week !!! :bigcry:

my mother can't go with me and rg is to away from me. I'M SOOOO :mad: !!!
:devil: mordicus :devil:

Safin_Henman
05-21-2004, 12:27 AM
awwww thats horrible!

LubiG
05-21-2004, 01:32 AM
Aww that stinks hunny... i know how you feel. Happened to me during the BS AS open :sad:

Ma. Estefania
05-21-2004, 10:37 PM
he is born to win RG!

This is so far your only post, but it's definitely the BEST one :worship:

Soooo well said :worship:

LubiG
05-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Ditto!!! :D
Also there is someone who's signature is: Guillermo Coria is the best thing since dulce de leche. SOO true!!

Carito_90
05-22-2004, 02:48 AM
Andy's the best since dulce de lenche
Guille's the best since chocolate ;) lol!

ignaciogeniz
05-22-2004, 05:50 AM
I think that Coria is favourite to win in Paris this year. Other candidates in clay are Ferrero, Moya, Safin, who has had good results in clay (Roland Garros, Hamburg and Davis Cup 2002) and Federer who is favourite in all surfaces.

undomiele
05-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Bienvenido Ignacio!!!! :)

iloveguille
05-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Found this in Yahoo! Sports. Quite interesting! And so glad to see that our Guille is the chosen one! VAMOS GUILLE!!!

Breaking down the French Open draw

Jon Wertheim, SI.com

Sports Illustrated senior writer Jon Wertheim peers into his crystal ball to reveal the fate of the top 16 men's and women's seeds for the French Open. Scroll down to see the first-round matches you shouldn't miss, some dark horse candidates to advance to Week 2, and his championship predictions.

Men's Report

1. Roger Federer (Switzerland): Take this to the bank: He will eclipse his performance from 2002 and 2003. Particularly after Hamburg, Federer -- winner of two of the past three Slams -- is a sensible pick. But his draw is brutal (just to meet his nemesis David Nalbandian in the quarters, he'll have to get through Nicolas Kiefer, Gustavo Kuerten and Feliciano Lopez). If he survives those matches, you wonder if he won't be fried.

2. Andy Roddick (United States): We like his improved court positioning on clay as well as his insistence on heading netward. But on what is far and away his worst surface, it will be a considerable achievement if he reaches the middle weekend. (On the other hand, he sure can't complain about his draw.)

ADVERTISEMENT

3. Guillermo Coria (Argentina): Your 2004 winner.

4. Juan Carlos Ferrero (Spain): Defending champ has had a rough year. Even during his stealthy run to the Australian semis, he wasn't at his best. Track record alone puts him on the short list of contenders. But, slowed by injuries, he is simply not the player he was a year ago. Plus, he starts off against Tommy Haas.

5. Carlos Moya (Spain): Elite player but has a knack for mystifying Slam losses. If he's in form, a likely quarterfinal throwdown with Coria could decide the championship.

6. Andre Agassi (United States): The 1999 champ is coming in with little momentum, facing an onslaught of questions about his future. He'll have a few easy matches to play himself into a groove, but it's hard to see him advancing beyond his seeding.

7. Rainer Schuettler (Germany): The Germanator's year has been lousy thus far, but a sauerkraut draw might help him pick up traction.

8. David Nalbandian (Argentina): Wish he were healthier, but he's still a player to watch.

9. Tim Henman (Great Britain): It's a countdown to Wimbledon.

10. S?bastien Grosjean (France): Mr. Big Pants has had a quiet year, but he could generate some noise here. Shouldn't be tested until round three.

11. Nicolas Massu (Chile): Intriguing prospect. Starts off easy, but then has to meet Tommy Robredo and Moya.

12. Lleyton Hewitt (Australia): Has little trace of his 2002 swagger and has never done particularly well at Roland Garros. On the other hand, the draw gods smiled on him, and he may perform well now that the attention has shifted elsewhere. Just don't schedule him on a back court.

13. Paradorn Srichaphan (Thailand): Struggling and playing on his worst surface, P-Dorn is an upset-in-waiting.

14. Jiri Novak (Czechoslovakia): Look for Gaston Gaudio to beat him in round two.

15. Sjeng Schalken (Netherlands): Always a threat to make waves. Never a threat to win, especially on clay.

16. Fernando Gonzalez (Chile): Terminal over-hitter has cooperative draw.

LOWER SEEDS WORTH WATCHING

17. Tommy Robredo (Spain): Talented, mentally iffy player beat Hewitt after trailing two sets to love last year.

19. Martin Verkerk (Netherlands): Just to cover our bases.

20. Marat Safin (Russia): As always, he's as capable of winning as he is of getting tuned in his first match with Agustin Calleri.

21. Andrei Pavel (Romania): Nice mini-comeback for Romanian dad.

22. Juan Ignacio Chela (Argentina): Star this pony in your racing form.

23. Feliciano Lopez (Spain): Highest ranked lefty on ATP.

26. Albert Costa (Spain): Does the 2002 champ still have some magic?

27. Vincent Spadea (United States): Agassi notwithstanding, the one American who has some natural aptitude on dirt.

28. Gustavo Kuerten (Brazil): A shell of the player he once was but still dangerous on clay.

31. Dominik Hrbaty (Slovakia): Talented, hit-or-whiff player who has had past success at Roland Garros.

DARK HORSE NATION

Tommy Haas (Germany): When he knocks off Ferrero, remember you heard it here first.

Gaston Gaudio (Argentina): If he keeps his head -- no small condition -- he could go far.

Victor Hanescu (Romania): Best player you don't know.

Fernando Verdasco (Spain): Big game even on clay.

Robin Soderling (Sweden): Not sure about his clay proficiency but due for a breakthrough.

Filippo Volandri (Italy): Long live Italian tennis.

Nicolas Escude (France): Dangerous as always -- particularly with the home crowd behind him.

FIRST-ROUND MATCHES TO WATCH

Soderling vs. Schalken

Calleri vs. Safin

Richard Gasquet (France) vs. Nalbandian

Ferrero vs. Haas

Arnaud Clement (France) vs. Fabrice Santoro (France)

Roddick vs. Todd Martin (United States)

PREDICTIONS

Semis: Federer vs. Gaudio, Coria vs. Total Surprise

Final: Federer vs. Coria

Winner: Coria

star
05-22-2004, 08:39 PM
I hope he's right!!!! :)

Ma. Estefania
05-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Yes, I hope so too....it's the 1st time I'm actually wanting Wertheim's predictions to become true.

Washa Koroleva
06-07-2004, 10:51 AM
He could have win it, I'm sure he also would if he weren't injured.
He's so much better than Gaudio :) He'll do it next time. We'll all support him where ever we can ;)

mandy7
06-07-2004, 11:10 AM
he should have won...
i actually fell of my chair when he missed that matchpoint :o
i'm not a huge fan, but he just deserved it!!

Washa Koroleva
06-07-2004, 11:21 AM
he should have won...
i actually fell of my chair when he missed that matchpoint :o
i'm not a huge fan, but he just deserved it!!

YEP! he did... :(