World Group Play-offs: Chile at Israel (September 21-23, 2008) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

World Group Play-offs: Chile at Israel (September 21-23, 2008)

Pages : [1] 2

Shahar26
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Will Israel be able to pull it off???

It's still a long way out, and seems a bit of a long shot to be honest (when is the last time someone from Israel made the final of a GS..)

But, the game is in Israel and hopefully the home supporters will inspire the players to excel....

Good Luck :worship:

Live stream at http://www.sport5.co.il/Articles/Article.411.25561.html

Just click on the picture....

Forever-Delayed
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Will Israel be able to pull it off???

It's still a long way out, and seems a bit of a long shot to be honest (when is the last time someone from Israel made the final of a GS..)

But, the game is in Israel and hopefully the home supporters will inspire the players to excel....

Good Luck :worship:

Israel will lose... unless they play on grass (are there any good grass courts in Isreal though, and will they be tempted to try it???)

On grass, Erlich and Ram would be certainties to win, and Massu and Gonzalez aren't that great on grass, and it would give Okun and Sela a chance to steal 2 rubbers from them, or even play Ram and hope his serve and volley game puts them under enough pressure

ClaudiuS
04-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Gonzalez is the best player in the Tie (no doubt about that!!), even if the tie is played on Grass...
He reached QF of Wimbledon (losing to Federer). And gives Chile a massive advantage against Sela and Okun.. and Massu can always be a tough player to beat and he is also a great fighter, you just have to remember Athens 2004! :)

The doubles is whole different ball game ( Erlich/Ram) So I think probably that Chile, will not play his full chances on this one, and save it all to the Singles rubbers.

Asi que Fuerza Chile!! :rocker2:

So.. I predict a 4-1 for Chile and a happy comeback to the World Group.

saras 21
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Massu almost lost to Andy Ram in singles two years ago.
Don't forget that the Israeli crowd is one of the best in the world, and Chile will have tough time. There is a possibility that the tie will take place in Nokia Arena, where Maccabi TA basketball team plays.

krakenzero
04-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Capdeville should play instead of Massú in a fast court...

Alonsofz
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Chile can win without González & Massú (sorry for Israelian guys).

Maybe Israel could win the doubles, but they will lose all singles ;).-

Shahar26
04-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Chile can win without González & Massú (sorry for Israelian guys).

I think its the first time I see someone say (or write) Israelian......

I guess you're not the only one to make that mistake though :eek:

Google: Results 1 - 100 of about 395,000 for Israelian. (some of them are referring to a name though)

But they also say "Did you mean: Israeli?"

Alonsofz
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I think its the first time I see someone say (or write) Israelian......

I guess you're not the only one to make that mistake though :eek:

Google: Results 1 - 100 of about 395,000 for Israelian. (some of them are referring to a name though)

But they also say "Did you mean: Israeli?"
Yes... I thought that it was Israelian, but everyone can be wrong, or not? :rolleyes:

-----

VAMOS CHILE!

ClaudiuS
04-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't think that the crowd can be a decisive point in the Tie.
Gonzalez, Massu and Capdeville can pull through without any troubles... I hope...well except the doubles, because they're facing Erlich/Ram.

But Gonzalez beat Blake on grass, playing in the United States on DC, He has also beat Youzhny in Moscow on Hardcourt on the World Group. And played a 5 sets match against Safin in almost 4 hours of breathtaking Tennis in Moscow...

Now tell me if Andy Ram or Dudi Sela, can take even 1 set from Safin playing DC in Moscow!!

And Chile is also 2 times Champions of the ARAG World Team Cup played in Düsseldorf where they have faced Germany and beated them really easy on home soil...
And also Olympic Champions in Singles and Doubles.
So watch out!

ChinoRios4Ever
04-13-2007, 12:49 AM
hey alonsofz take care man... step by step (paso a paso) :lol:

really do you think that we can win that tie without the olympic duo??? i dont think so... we need our better players to win that tie... ;)

Capdeville IN for Massu????? :eek: no way, even Garcia is playing better than Paul right now, let's see what happens in september...

VAMOS CHILENOS QUE TENEMOS QUE GANAR!!!!!! :rocker2:

ClaudiuS
04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
"Los dioses del Olimpo estan con los Chilenos, vamos Feña, vamos Nico, la gloria esta a unos pasos, vamos Chile que se puede,
Paso a Paso, punto a punto, poco a poco"

Fernando "El Llorón" Sobalaprieta

ChinoRios4Ever
04-13-2007, 02:47 AM
"Los dioses del Olimpo estan con los Chilenos, vamos Feña, vamos Nico, la gloria esta a unos pasos, vamos Chile que se puede,
Paso a Paso, punto a punto, poco a poco"

Fernando "El Llorón" Sobalaprieta

:haha: :haha: :haha:

"Grande gioccatore"

Patricio "Corazon de chileno" Cornejo :devil: :o

ExcaliburII
04-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Israel will pull this one.

cobalt60
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Israel are the underdogs bigtime. Wouldn't mind being wrong though;)

saras 21
04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
QUOTE]Chile can win without González & Massú (sorry for Israelian guys).

Maybe Israel could win the doubles, but they will lose all singles .-[/QUOTE]

Without both of them you have no chance. Let's say that if Gonzales will not come Chile is in very bad situation. Ask the basketball fans here to tell you what an Israeli crowd is. The tennis crowd here is a bit different but similiar.
Capdeviile, Garcia and even Massu will have hard time vs Dudi and Noam.
I can say to Chilian members here that there is no chance that to tie will be played on Grass, because we don't have any:)

ClaudiuS
04-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes, the crowd would be a hard time for the Chilean players, So what... we've faced tougher crouds, even "bottle throwers" in Venezuela, and screaming Americans in California including bad calls from the Umpire in a match where Gonzalez was destroying A-Rod... So what!
We can win anyway, We're Olympic Champions and we're obliviously the FAVORITES :devil:
if Gonzalez doesn't play this tie, it will be a lot more closer and longer, but I wouldn't be suprised to see anyway a Chilean victory, because Massu has every chance to take the 2 singles points against Okun or Sela and Capdeville could take 1 point and that's it...because he's a competitive player on this tie, and also Capdeville beat James Blake in California on a DC match, so Capdeville can be something...But.. you will have to wait for a miracle or some kind of Black Magic to get Gonzalez out of the Tie. :D

But I agree that the match will be played on Hardcourt :cool:

dudi_fan
04-13-2007, 10:23 PM
GOOO ISREAL when is the davis cup wat day

ClaudiuS
04-13-2007, 11:06 PM
GOOO ISREAL when is the davis cup wat day

21 - 23 September :)

saras 21
04-14-2007, 09:19 AM
You must understand that the Israeli players raise their game level when they play at home. I agree that Gonzales worth 2 points for Chile, but Massu is beatable. Okun is an amazing davis cup player, and if you follow the tour you will see that Harel Levy is back in bussiness. Dudi should have won Safin in Australia if the rain would show up.
With Gonzo and Massu I agree that Chile will win. If one of them stays at home, Israel will take it 3-2.

NicoFan
04-14-2007, 01:25 PM
saras - as much as I want Nico to stay home, he won't. And neither will Fernando.

The Chileans are used to noisy crowds...South Americans have the rowdiest crowds in DC anywhere on the planet. So the crowd will be a zero factor in this tie.

Obviously anything can happen. Upsets happen all the time. But it would definitely be an upset for Israel to beat Chile even in Israel.

Man for man, Fernando and Nico (even a Nico having problems) are better than the Israeli players. Except in doubles.

Soltmann - why do you keep going on and on about Paul? I like Paul, but as one his opponents said, he either plays great...or terrible. And even Adrian is above him in the rankings now. Again, I would love it if Nico didn't play, but he will...and even if Nico is still struggling, Hans would be a moron to pull Nico for Paul.

GlennMirnyi
04-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Carpet would give the Israelis two easy points against Massu and the doubles would decide. Erlich/Ram are amazing on doubles. Israel has a chance.

NicoFan
04-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Carpet would give the Israelis two easy points against Massu and the doubles would decide. Erlich/Ram are amazing on doubles. Israel has a chance.

I love it when people underestimate Nico. :lol:

Yes, he's had a horrid start to 2007. But there's a long time between now and September.

Let's see what happens then. ;)

Fergie
04-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Nico loves play for Chile and he will win his 2 points too :angel:

VAMOS CHILEEE!!!! :rocker2:

PoderShileno
04-14-2007, 08:08 PM
vamos chile¡¡¡

ClaudiuS
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
NicoFan:
Obviously Hans will choose Nico, because he is one hell of a Fighter and he has give so many cheers and wins for Chile on DC but let's hope that he doesn't play like he did against Russia
PLEASE!!!

NicoFan
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
NicoFan:
Obviously Hans will choose Nico, because he is one hell of a Fighter and he has give so many cheers and wins for Chile on DC but let's hope that he doesn't play like he did against Russia
PLEASE!!!

Nico didn't play well against Russia, and I also hope he plays better against Israel. I actually hope he plays better starting in Monte Carlo because I care far more about what he does when he plays for himself rather than when he plays for Chile. :lol:

But Nico wasn't the only one playing badly against Russia. Fernando lost a very crucial match against Andreev himself. I'm not blaming Fernando - I don't think that anyone is to blame - they just lost. Russia played better than they did in that tie.

And the Israeli players aren't Safin or Andreev. Not even close.

NyGeL
04-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Chile can't lose this one.

saras 21
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
As someone said, there is a long time until the tie. But believe me, it will be very close tie, even if Gonzo and Massu both come.
Why did you say you don't wish Massu to come?

cobalt60
04-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Unless there is an injury, all the usual suspects will play. Neither country has depth and must rely on their stars so to speak.

saras 21
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
It is a critical decision if Gonzo and Massu or one of them will not play.

ronim1
04-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm sorry to say that the chances of Israel to win the tie are slim to none.

As many posted before, the Israeli crowd is nosy, but fair.

South American crowd is more noisier, and more fanatic.

The Israeli crowd will be happy to see finally high ranked players in Israel, and will even applaud good plays from them.

But then again, Italy should have taken the last tie easily, but they lost ( bad choice of players from their side).

So, anything could happen.

Bye the way, Erlich and Ram are playing poorly in Israel, although they were able to win.

RsaibotD
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
if Chile play with:

Feña and Capdeville....Chile Win 4-1

Feña and Massu........Chile win 5-0

Massu and Capdeville .....Chile win 4-1

PoderShileno
05-09-2007, 08:56 PM
capdeville and garcia 3-2

:p

+alonso
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM
No sean tan soberbios! :lol: Es verdad que Chile tiene una alta probabilidad de ganar pero no es pa andarle hechando eso ensima a el rival poh.

:) ESA CHILEEEEEEEEE! :woohoo: VAMOS

ChinoRios4Ever
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
No sean tan soberbios! :lol: Es verdad que Chile tiene una alta probabilidad de ganar pero no es pa andarle hechando eso ensima a el rival poh.

:worship: HUMILDAD!!!!!

RsaibotD
05-12-2007, 01:39 PM

:lol: somos humildes:aplot: ......Igual no es por menospreciar al rival, pero es lo mejor que nos podia pasar....quizas si ubiese sido demasiado la suerte si jugabamos de local:rolleyes: ....

PoderShileno
05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
yo no estoy confiado...todo puede pasar :p
vamos chile¡¡¡¡¡¡:D

dudi_fan
06-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Go Israel It Willl Be An Upset For The Ages Kadeeeemaaa Israel Go Dudi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

krakenzero
08-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Things have changed a lot since a couple of months...

Gonzalez losing 4 matches in a row (including Fleishmann), Massu is following his steps losing in straigths with Ginepri, and Erlich/Ram defeated the Bryans in a TMS final. I'm starting to think that we might not even reach the Sunday matches with options...:eek: :eek:

Bloodletting
08-20-2007, 01:01 AM
wooooooooo we are going to Bahamas in 2009 :rocker2:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-20-2007, 02:09 AM
start jinxing compatriots :o

Bad Religion
08-20-2007, 03:34 AM
Rogiman and RonE are from Isreal .

Chile won´t lose against the country of that pair of losers

Viken01
08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
I saw something which make me wonder on davis cup's website :

Israel v Chile Israel 20 - 23 Sep 2007
--
20 September - 23 September 2007
Day 1: Thursday 20 September - 1300 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Day 2: Friday 21 September - 1030 hrs (0830 hrs GMT)
Day 3: Sunday 23 September - 1400 hrs (1200 hrs GMT)

Why is there a day off ? :confused:

Eustache
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
because there is the "yom kippour" for all the jewish on earth,a day where we pray in our sinaguogue.

Viken01
08-20-2007, 05:04 PM
because there is the "yom kippour" for all the jewish on earth,a day where we pray in our sinaguogue.

oh thanks for the information, I didn't know :)

Bloodletting
08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
start jinxing compatriots :o

correction, it's an Anti-jinx. ;)

Now, talking seriously, I believe we *should* (cough) win, but I fear the scenario will be pretty much similar like against Zimbabwe with long and hard matches and everything against us, although the Black bros were better singles players.

cobalt60
08-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Although I would enjoy Israel winning and getting into the World Group, I find it doubtful. Dudi Sela and Noam Okun are good players but not really of the caliber of Massu and Gonzalez :shrug: The latter may be going through a rough patch but I believe they will step it up for Davis Cup. It's an important tie for everyone involved. No one wants to be the loser.

ronim1
08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Although I would enjoy Israel winning and getting into the World Group, I find it doubtful. Dudi Sela and Noam Okun are good players but not really of the caliber of Massu and Gonzalez :shrug: The latter may be going through a rough patch but I believe they will step it up for Davis Cup. It's an important tie for everyone involved. No one wants to be the loser.

I have to agree with you.
Although miracles do happen
;)

cobalt60
08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I have to agree with you.
Although miracles do happen
;)

Yes they do :lol::p

Viken01
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes they do :lol::p

Well it's not already lost for Israel, since I guess they will win the double, they just have to win 2 singles, and I think they will have a chance against Massu.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-21-2007, 03:20 AM
correction, it's an Anti-jinx. ;)

Now, talking seriously, I believe we *should* (cough) win, but I fear the scenario will be pretty much similar like against Zimbabwe with long and hard matches and everything against us, although the Black bros were better singles players.

Dont remember that tragedy... Rios was off and lose against both Blacks

But against Zimbabwe Rios could won his 2 singles but... the next? Both Blacks were favorites to beat a young Massu and to win the doubles...

I dont know what's gonna happen, but im really scared, Gonzo and Nico are 1-9 combinated since july :o (only win Massu d. Korolev, Bastad 1st round)

cobalt60
08-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Dont remember that tragedy... Rios was off and lose against both Blacks

But against Zimbabwe Rios could won his 2 singles but... the next? Both Blacks were favorites to beat a young Massu and to win the doubles...

I dont know what's gonna happen, but im really scared, Gonzo and Nico are 1-9 combinated since july :o (only win Massu d. Korolev, Bastad 1st round)

I would not be too scared. I bet the Chileans will come through. They really are the better singles players. :p

ChinoRios4Ever
08-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I would not be too scared. I bet the Chileans will come through. They really are the better singles players. :p

Chile always have trouble when we have all to lose and nothing to win :o

For sure Chile has better singles players by far, but in DC you never know

saras 21
09-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Dudi Sela is in top shape before davis cup tie. On the other hand, Gonzalez and Massu are not. Dudi and Noam are able to win Massu.

cobalt60
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Dudi Sela is in top shape before davis cup tie. On the other hand, Gonzalez and Massu are not. Dudi and Noam are able to win Massu.

I surely hope so:D I would love it if Dudi won both his singles :rocker2:

GonzoFed
09-10-2007, 03:07 AM
in what surface this tie would be played? (my guess: hardcourts)

ronim1
09-10-2007, 07:26 AM
in what surface this tie would be played? (my guess: hardcourts)

Your guess is true. Hardcourt

physics
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM
With Gonzalez's recent poor performance on the hard courts, there is a chance that he could lose a match.

krakenzero
09-11-2007, 01:52 AM
my question is: What happens if in Wednesday Capdeville spanks Gonzalez in Beijing? Is Mr. "Strategy Master:rolleyes: :devil: " Gildemeister going to notice him?

I'm still convinced: If Gonzo and Massu play this serie by their own, we're going home in Friday (or we can stay for Yom Kippur :S ). I hope Hans trusts Capdeville...

GonzoFed
09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, good signs from Gonzo this weekend. We need him to get his two points, since Erlich/Ram are very tough nuts to crack.

NyGeL
09-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Chile should win all singles.

I would pick Gonzalez and Capdeville for first day.

zicofirol
09-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Chile should win all singles.

I would pick Gonzalez and Capdeville for first day.

it will be massu and gonzalez playing singles. I think Israel has a chance, imo both sela and okun should can beat massu...

Bloodletting
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM
let's just stick with the "can" and not with the "should"

Caio_Brasil
09-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Vamos Chileeeeeeeee

Shahar26
09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaalla Israel

cobalt60
09-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Kadima Israel :rocker2: Won't be easy but give it your best guys :banana:

chunchojuan
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
C´mon Chiilee!!

At this time the drawing of the first day of the series is being carried out, if someone know something please inform.

chunchojuan
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
The draw is:

11:00 GMT Sela vs Massu
next Okun vs Gonzalez

Thanks.

cobalt60
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
The draw is:

11:00 GMT Sela vs Massu
next Okun vs Gonzalez

Thanks.

Thanks for the schedule :D

shotgun
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Gildemeister insists on Massu... Let's see if the decision will backfire on him this time.

cobalt60
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Gildemeister insists on Massu... Let's see if the decision will backfire on him this time.

Honestly I think it is the right decision for Chile.

shotgun
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Honestly I think it is the right decision for Chile.

We'll have the answer tomorrow. I personally would have chosen Capdeville at least for the first day.

Fergie
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Vamos Chile!!! http://i.smiles2k.net/nations_smiles/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

And Nico, please shut up some mouths there :rocker2:

Maxinefilo
09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Good luck Chile....

ChinoRios4Ever
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
vamos CHILE!!!! :bounce:

especially Nico, i want you to shut up some big mouths :rocker2:

cobalt60
09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Vamos Chile!!! http://i.smiles2k.net/nations_smiles/3dflagsdotcom_chile_2faws.gif

And Nico, please shut up some mouths there :rocker2:

vamos CHILE!!!! :bounce:

especially Nico, i want you to shut up some big mouths :rocker2:

:eek: :p

Bad Religion
09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Israel sucks , Chile should win easily

RsaibotD
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Chile Must win.... good luck Nico & Feña;)

saras 21
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I am sure that the Chilieans here will be interested to know that the football players who play in Israel, Miloven Mirosevic, Christian Alvarez and Sebastian Rosenatl will come to watch the tie:)

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Canada Stadium, Ramat Hasharon, Israel http://www.daviscup.com/shared/images/flags/ISR.gif
Stadium Capacity: 5000
Day 1: Thursday 20 September - Start of matches 1300 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)

R1 - D.SELA (http://www.daviscup.com/shared/images/flags/ISR.gif) v N.MASSU (http://www.daviscup.com/shared/images/flags/CHI.gif)
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_7833_gallery.JPG

R2 - N.OKUN (http://www.daviscup.com/shared/images/flags/ISR.gif) v F.GONZALEZ (http://www.daviscup.com/shared/images/flags/CHI.gif)
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_7832_gallery.JPG
this Okun looks like a boxer... :lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 12:57 AM
I am sure that the Chilieans here will be interested to know that the football players who play in Israel, Miloven Mirosevic, Christian Alvarez and Sebastian Rosenatl will come to watch the tie:)

thanks 4 the info

Alvarez played one of the last 2 matches in Europe for our national team, he's a good right defender

Mirosevic didnt play for Chile since 2005, but still he's a good MF and played very well in the argentine league for Racing Club

and Rozental... well he could be one of the players, but he was unlucky and have many big injuries early in his carrer when he went to Scotland to play for Rangers FC :sad:, after many knee cirugies he never was the same incredible player

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 03:42 AM
LiveStream here???

http://www.tvchile.cl/

RsaibotD
09-20-2007, 04:16 AM
thanks 4 the info

Alvarez played one of the last 2 matches in Europe for our national team, he's a good right defender

you have to be kidding:rolleyes:

LiveStream here???

you can follow it in TVN

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 04:16 AM
LiveStream here???

probably, not 100% sure, i dont know if TVN will show the tie only for Chile or for all the rest of the world...

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 04:19 AM
you have to be kidding:rolleyes:

he's good, no GREAT!!!!, like Riffo or Vidal :angel:

but still... he's better than Ismael Fuentes or Jorge Vargas :lol:

Bad Religion
09-20-2007, 04:30 AM
Las 3 monjas culias esas valen callampa :lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 04:36 AM
:haha::haha::haha:

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 04:44 AM
you can follow it in TVN

I'm not sure if they will air it on the international signal.I was in Argentina when the tie against Russia was played and TV chile didn't show it that time, althrough now it is listed on www.tvchile.cl

well, good thing I am in Chile now

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Dudi Sela and Massu are on now.

Sela *2-2

Labamba
09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
c'mon Dudi, make this tie interesting :cool:

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 12:04 PM
If "The Dude" wins the 1st match, at least it will go to the 3rd day and I could imagine some of the Chileans wanting to Capdeville to play a live 5th rubber if it got there.

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Sela *5-3

Shahar26
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
c'mon Dudi, make this tie interesting :cool:

You mean c'mon Dudi, WIN IT!!!!! :p

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Sela 6-3

Labamba
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
The stats aren't good for Massu, 4 winners and 16 ue's

Labamba
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
You mean c'mon Dudi, WIN IT!!!!! :p

:yeah:

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 12:29 PM
The stats aren't good for Massu, 4 winners and 16 ue's

Massu had to hit 16 backhands that set.

PS I am almost done with writing the DC previews.

Caio_Brasil
09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
any livestream guys??? please

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 12:45 PM
any livestream guys??? please

www.tvn.cl

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 12:48 PM
If "The Dude" wins the 1st match, at least it will go to the 3rd day and I could imagine some of the Chileans wanting to Capdeville to play a live 5th rubber if it got there.

Paulie doesn't have the balls to decide a 5th IMHO

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Paulie doesn't have the balls to decide a 5th IMHO

Even if Vampiro loses this match. I doubt it will get to a 5th match.

Labamba
09-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Massu had to hit 16 backhands that set.

PS I am almost done with writing the DC previews.

:lol: Massu has one bh winner

looking forward to those, some of the play-off ties are more interesting then the semifinals

TMJordan
09-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Israel has the clear advantage in the doubles IMO.

Labamba
09-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Gonzo/Massu to beat Erlich/Ram? :shrug:

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Gonzo/Massú have played only two matches this year, Israel should be big faves on doubles

Labamba
09-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Sela 6-3 6-4

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 01:33 PM
:lol: Massu has one bh winner

looking forward to those, some of the play-off ties are more interesting then the semifinals

They are all done and broken into 3 parts for your reading pleasure.

Gonzo/Massú, have played so many times together and their basic strategy doesn't change when they play doubles and they have shown they are an effective team.

Albop
09-20-2007, 01:33 PM
massu is playing like a :retard:

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Massú is done.

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
bye Massu :smash:

ya no creo que vuelva a ser el de antes, creo que sus chances ya pasaron.
Pongan a Capdeville

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
We can't trust Massu anymore, when was the last time he won a DC match, I think it was against Hrbaty in 2006? :scratch:

ronim1
09-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I must say I'm surpised as how easy Dudy took the first two sets.
What happend to the experince of Massu?

+alonso
09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Nicolas! :sad:

I still believe!

VAMOS

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Let's not be all pesimists about it.
Massu always makes some kind of comebacks on DC matches or Olympic matches :lol: :unsure:

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I must say I'm surpised as how easy Dudy took the first two sets.
What happend to the experince of Massu?

Confidence is a wonderful thing, you can glide and float when playing well and when not, it feels like 150kg weight on your back carrying it around.

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey Alonso :wavey:
Is Solabarrieta commenting? :lol:

ronim1
09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Let's not be all pesimists about it.
Massu always makes some kind of comebacks on DC matches or Olympic matches :lol: :unsure:

I agree that the match is not over yet. In DC everything can happen.

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 02:10 PM
that Prince of Persia sound is really annoying.

ronim1
09-20-2007, 02:10 PM
This third game is going on for ages.
Could be a crucual one.

Shahar26
09-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 02:15 PM
finally :lol:

2-2

+alonso
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
WHAT A GAME! :lol: too long...

Bloodletting
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
1-2, sorry

+alonso
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
VAMOS NICOO!!

*I'm going to have some breakast* :wavey:

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 02:30 PM
vamos Nico!
break now, make the comeback :rocker2:

Shahar26
09-20-2007, 02:30 PM

In case you missed.

I really like this Umpire, I had no idea he knew Hebrew :)

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
vamooo nicooooooo

Action Jackson
09-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Sela *6-5

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
nico hits gonzos forehands :p

Labamba
09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Sela *6-5

Dudi chokes, broken for the first time in the match

almost 4 hours played for 3 sets

Caio_Brasil
09-20-2007, 03:17 PM
da-lhe Nicoooooooooooooooo

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
tb

nico 4*-3

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
nico 5*-3

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 03:20 PM
6-3*

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
settttt nico¡¡

Labamba
09-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Sela 6-3 6-4 6-7(3)

5 sets and +5 hours of play here we come

this is DC :D

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Vamos Nico! :fiery:

+alonso
3-6 4-6 7-6!

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOoOoOOOS! :bounce: :scared:

ClaudiuS
3 sets in 3h and 52min!

:haha:

Horatio Caine
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Massu needs to make that mini-comeback worthwhile given that he has to play tomorrow if Chile are to have a chance of winning the doubles. 4 hours for 3 sets is definitely something! :eek:

Fergie
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Vamos Nico, you can do it!!! :rocker2:

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Dale Vampiro'¡¡¡

cobalt60
09-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Dudi chokes, broken for the first time in the match

almost 4 hours played for 3 sets

So what else is new :rolls: I think I will go back to work;)

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Sela vs Massu
6:3 6:4 6:7 1:0* 15-15

match time: 4 hours! :eek:

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Massu is used to play these type of long mathces, but I don't know if Dudi can? :scratch:

Labamba
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Dudi breaks *3-1

can he hold the nerves?

Chris-swede
09-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Massu breaks back! 5hrs here we go! :p

Fergie
09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Nico *2-3

Vamos Nico!!! :rocker2:

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Nico please hold now!

TheBoiledEgg
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Sela 6-3 6-4 6-7(3)

5 sets and +5 hours of play here we come

this is DC :D

more like its the human half-bred racoon :zzz:

he makes any match a turn off.
and makes Nadal look like a speed merchant.

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 04:09 PM
nico holdddd please¡¡

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
:worship: Saved 3 bp!

What a fighter Massú!

Albop
09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
adventage

vamos¡¡¡

Caio_Brasil
09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Nicooooooooooooooooooooo

This match will last more than 6 hours!

Albop
09-20-2007, 04:21 PM
enourmous game again :scared:

italy_tennis
09-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Between the points Massu when is on serve is very very slow

Albop
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
aceeeeee

4-4

wow

Caio_Brasil
09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
:woohoo:

break him now!

PoderShileno
09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
game massu

dale¡

Labamba
09-20-2007, 04:34 PM
2 mps Sela

Labamba
09-20-2007, 04:37 PM
GSM Dudi :worship:

Albop
09-20-2007, 04:37 PM
crap

+alonso
09-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Such a pity! :sad: :shrug:
Good effort at the end anyways!

Shahar26
09-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Finally after 5:07 hours, the felt like a really really long fight.

Go Dudi, Go Israel :worship:

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Israel will lose anyway :p

Albop
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM

thats sure :)

+alonso
09-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Stop the jinx people! :mad: :fiery: :p

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 04:54 PM
now It's Gonzo's turn to make this tie 1-1 :bounce:

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 04:55 PM
well, I hope so :unsure:

ronim1
09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
thats sure :)

I wouldn't be so sure.
Okun will probably loose today.
Tomorrow Ram & Erlich are perfectly able to win ( although they don't show their best in Israel).
For Sunday, after what I've seen today, Massu could loose to Okun. Noam
plays in Israel much better than his average play.

So my guess Israel 3 Chile 2 .

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't think that Massu is going to play on Sunday.

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Capdeville should play on Sunday, against Okun. And Capdeville has chances to win, so that's why I'm a bit optimistic :lol:

ronim1
09-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't think that Massu is going to play on Sunday.

Who will replace him?

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Who will replace him?

Capdeville

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 05:09 PM
im really scared, if all the things are normal it will be Capdeville vs Okun in the 5th rubber :scared:

about Massu, i wont bash him, it's easy to kill him in this moment...

ronim1
09-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Capdeville should play on Sunday, against Okun. And Capdeville has chances to win, so that's why I'm a bit optimistic :lol:

What is his record in DC?

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 05:13 PM
What is his record in DC?

4-2

the last match he beat James Blake in California

ronim1
09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
4-2

the last match he beat James Blake in California

Well, Black is Better than Okun, but Israel is not California.

Anyway, from the Israeli point of view, things look much better now than six hours ago.

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Capdeville never played a live rubber in DC... he always played dead rubber

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 05:16 PM
go gonzo go... plis this match :scared:

ClaudiuS
09-20-2007, 05:17 PM
yes, that's true :p

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Gonzo breaks *2-0

amazing fh return "a lo gonzalez" :eek:

Labamba
09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Gonzo *2-0

Gonzalez88
09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Where do I Watch the match??

ronim1
09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
It's 4 :4.
You can't see the difference in the rankings between them.

Go Israel

manu86
09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
It's 4 :4.
You can't see the difference in the rankings between them.

Go Israel
noam broke and he will serve for the first set !!!!
like ronin said when noam play in israel he have a top 20 level ,he play so good here and he can beat almoust every player here ,israel have a very good chances to win this tie after sela wins if ram and erlich will win tomorrow it will be 60-40 chances to israel !
lo siento amigos trasandinos ,vamos israel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronim1
09-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Where do I Watch the match??

someone posted a link a few hours ago.

manu86
09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah first set noam !!!!!!!!

+alonso
09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
:scared: That's not good! .... Okun 6-4

TMJordan
09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Israel :rocker2:

physics
09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
What a great win by Dudi!I guess all you Chile supporters can't underestimate dudi now!

manu86
09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
when they play in israel they play much better that they play in the tour but i have to said it that noam in israel is a great player and he play much better that sela play .

MusicMyst
09-20-2007, 06:21 PM
:lol: at all the Chileans acting like arrogant Argies.

Labamba
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Gonzo 4-6 6-3

Okun had 2 bp's at 2-2, it seems to be the turning point

*Viva Chile*
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Gonzo had put things in order 4-6, 6-3 :wavey:

MusicMyst
09-20-2007, 06:56 PM
*Viva Chile* gave me a bad rep. He/she said:

Let's see if the last one to laugh, laugh better.

Such poetry! Such sportsmanship!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad Religion
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Vamos Chile

I can't stand Shahar Peer , RonE and Rogiman . I wanna celebrate in their ugly faces

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:20 PM
5-3*

gonzo

15-15

Blue Heart24
09-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Fena :(
5-5

MusicMyst
09-20-2007, 07:29 PM
albop gives me a bad rep, too, but he does not leave a message, which is too bad. What's the problem, albop, English not so good or you just don't want to show everyone what you wrote? :lol:

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
0-30

2 UE for the guy from israel

Shahar26
09-20-2007, 07:31 PM
This is a great Davis Cup match, great atmosphere!!!

Albop
albop gives me a bad rep, too, but he does not leave a message, which is too bad. What's the problem, albop, English not so good?

:dance:

30-30

JMG
Vamos Chile

I can't stand Shahar Peer , RonE and Rogiman . I wanna celebrate in their ugly faces

:lol:

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
this Okun is a fighter... I cant believe I have this tie on tv :woohoo:

Okun 5-5 BP Gonzalez

Albop
BP for feña

Albop
saved

great volley :eek:

GustavoM_Fan
Okun saves Bp with a very good drop volley...

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
BP again

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Okun forehand :eek: saved again

Deuce

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
BP again

vamos feña here

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
long FH

broken

*6-5

+alonso
09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
4-6 6-3 *6-5!

:scared: Dale!

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
15-0

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:41 PM
30-0 :)

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 07:42 PM
poor Okun.... :tape:

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:43 PM
30-15

DF after a first serve that was good and was called bad

40-15 SP

Fergie
09-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Vamos Feña! :boxing:

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
wasted all

:scared:

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:45 PM
gonzo is http://forums.relicnews.com/images/smilies/argue.gif with everywone

Albop
09-20-2007, 07:46 PM
4-6 6-3 7-5 :d

Bad Religion
09-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Gonzalez acting like an asshole :lol:

+alonso
09-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Feña is behaving like a little child! :o

Fergie
09-20-2007, 07:48 PM
1 set more to finish this :bs:

Vamos Feña!!! :rocker2:

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
very good matches today :worship:

cobalt60
09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Noam appears to be giving the top 10 Gonzalez a good match :D Go Noam!!!!!!
Don't fizzle out :yeah:

+alonso
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM

Are you saying it for real? :scratch: :lol:

GustavoM_Fan
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
:haha:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Feña is :silly: today

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 08:02 PM
dont give chances Gonzo, stay calm

*Viva Chile*
09-20-2007, 08:03 PM

:retard:
are we watching the same tie?? :confused: :scratch:

Blue Heart24
09-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Israel can win this.They are faves for doubles and Okun will have a good chance against Massu :lol:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 08:10 PM
lucky one feña :o

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 08:16 PM
*2-3

*Viva Chile*
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
TV Signal fell off :o

ChinoRios4Ever
09-20-2007, 08:19 PM
0-30 DF :help: