Friday OP [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Friday OP

Deboogle!.
04-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Gallery Furniture
Matches Start At: 1:00 PM
Tommy HAAS (GER) vs Dmitry TURSUNOV (RUS)
followed by
Andrei PAVEL (ROM) vs James BLAKE (USA)
followed by
Todd MARTIN (USA) vs Luis HORNA (PER)

Starting at 7:00 PM
Andy RODDICK (USA) vs Jurgen MELZER (AUT)
followed by
DOUBLES

DOUBLES MATCHES TO BE ARRANGED

NOT BEFORE 8:30 PM
Robby GINEPRI (USA)/Mark MERKLEIN (BAH) vs James BLAKE (USA)/Mardy FISH (USA)

NOT BEFORE 8:30 PM
Mark KNOWLES (BAH)/Daniel NESTOR (CAN) vs Diego AYALA (USA)/Robert KENDRICK (USA)

Tricky_Forehand
04-16-2004, 03:53 AM
Dmitry HAS to win tomorrow to make Bogie's loss even remotely worth it. I wouldn't normally root against Tommy but that's just the way that things have to be.

Deboogle!.
04-16-2004, 03:58 AM
lol!!!!

hmmm I guess I'll just go to the whole day tomorrow... might as well :)

Fedex
04-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Good luck to Pavel :D (Should be a routine win for him over blake ;) )
Jurgen :devil: Not hoping for much though :rolleyes:
Tommy :)
Martin :yeah:

Action Jackson
04-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Lets go Pavel and Horna.

star
04-16-2004, 01:38 PM
GO Dimitry, Toddy, and Andy!!

I've got a red, white, and blue ticket for cheering today. :)

star
04-16-2004, 01:39 PM
lol!!!!

hmmm I guess I'll just go to the whole day tomorrow... might as well :)

:p

:lol:

Deboogle!.
04-16-2004, 02:43 PM
:nerner:

damnit.... I woke up with a cold. I knew I was getting something. This sucks bigtime, considering I have to sin an aria on Monday :scared:

So hm..... should I wear red, white, and blue today? ;)

star
04-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Never sin an aria. ;)

Deboogle!.
04-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Oops :o

You know what I meant :p

*cough cough* *sniff sniff* :sad:

star
04-16-2004, 03:29 PM
yup. those "ng" sounds suffer when you've got a cold. :)

I'm sorry, Bunkie. I hope it doesn't spoil your fun today.

Deboogle!.
04-16-2004, 03:43 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!! :p

I'll be fine today, I'll just bring some tissues and decongestant :) It's the singing on Monday I'm worried about.

Deboogle!.
04-16-2004, 05:13 PM
alright, I'm off to the tourney. I'll probably call star periodically (between sets or something) to update her so that she can let all the worriers know what's happening :) See you all later

mad1town
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks Bunk...look forward to the scoring updates!

mad1town
04-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Haas leads Tursunov 4-2 (CBS Sportsline)

mad1town
04-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Haas defeated Tursunov 6-2, 6-0 !!

Frooty_Bazooty
04-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Pavel v Blake is on now but there havent been any score updates yet

Tricky_Forehand
04-16-2004, 09:25 PM

Makes yesterday a complete waste!!! :mad: :mad:

And makes Dmitry's comments about his game in the 1st & 3rd sets all the more sickening.

It's going to take me a while to remember why I like this guy.

Frooty_Bazooty
04-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Pavel is 6-4 5-3 up

Zeddern
04-16-2004, 10:15 PM
(5)A Pavel (ROM) d (4)J Blake (USA) 64 64 (atptennis.com)

Neely
04-16-2004, 10:19 PM
well done, Tommy!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
OUTGUNS HIM!!!!!!

:yeah:

congrats also, Andrei! :cool:

Billabong
04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Tommy:D!!!!!!!

Masto22
04-16-2004, 10:29 PM
What about MARTIN - HORNA ?

Neely
04-16-2004, 10:42 PM
If Todd Martin could manage to win now, it would be a perfect day for me :) :D

star
04-17-2004, 12:20 AM
But he didn't, as you already know.

For those of you who don't........ 5-7, 3-6

Todd doesn't have the wheels to combat all those dropshots Horna was sending his way. Word is that once Todd was in a rally, the point was lost.

star
04-17-2004, 12:22 AM

I thought it was 6-1 in the second, but my info must be wrong.

I heard that Tursunov simply could not play any of the big points well. He made errors at all the crucial times.

Neely
04-17-2004, 12:55 AM
thanks, Star... keep us updated about Andy's match if you get to know something

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 01:10 AM
I thought it was 6-1 in the second, but my info must be wrong.

I heard that Tursunov simply could not play any of the big points well. He made errors at all the crucial times.

Just stresses the point even more that Dmitry didn't deserve to win yesterday. He took the mental vacation that he's so good at just a tad bit early. Toomy wouldn't have coasted to the SFs so easily if that rematch had happened.

Dmitry's going to be on my shit list for a LONG time.

Havok
04-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Just stresses the point even more that Dmitry didn't deserve to win yesterday. He took the mental vacation that he's so good at just a tad bit early. Toomy wouldn't have coasted to the SFs so easily if that rematch had happened.

Dmitry's going to be on my shit list for a LONG time.
:rolleyes: Tursunov got that win yesterday and deserved it. HE faced a much more difficult task in Haas, therefore he lost. If we all go by your logic, then everyone sucks, nobody deserves their wins, and people will have shit lists 10 feet long :retard:

Buddy
04-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Roddick hasn't played rite?

Neely
04-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Roddick hasn't played rite?
he is playing right now, but we don't know shit about the scores :o

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:09 AM
He's 1 hour and 10 minutes into the match already. cbssportsline has it 2-1 for Roddick, and its been like that since forever. why can't people keep shit up to date :tape:

Neely
04-17-2004, 02:13 AM
why can't people keep shit up to date :tape:
I don't understand it either... I mean I've read on the page before that this match is live on that Tennis Channel... at least somebody should be able to receive this frigging channel... so why the heck is so difficult for ESPN, CBS, livescore.com to find out some up to date scores about a match that is on TV... just can't get it :banghead: :banghead:

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Where's star with the updates? Guess Deb hasn't called yet.

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:21 AM
Where's star with the updates? Guess Deb hasn't called yet.
:shrug: dunno where those updates are:sad:

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 02:22 AM
:rolleyes: Tursunov got that win yesterday and deserved it. HE faced a much more difficult task in Haas, therefore he lost.

ONE, Dmitry was bageled to end the match. I refuse to believe that it had everything to do with how Tommy played. And TWO, somehow I doubt that you have ever seen Dmitry play outside of TV coverage. He's not the strongest mental competitor. I'm guessing that you think i'm putting Tommy down. I'm not, I like the guy. But, there was no reason for Dmitry to go down that way.

If we all go by your logic, then everyone sucks, nobody deserves their wins, and people will have shit lists 10 feet long :retard:

Do you think I really give a crap if people don't follow my logic? Also, I'm sure you would be throwing a little fit if someone beat a certain favorite of yours but played like crap to lose in the following round.

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Just saw on another forum that Junior won the first set 7-5. Jurgen probably got tight :sad: .

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:29 AM
keep going. put the pedal to the medal.

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:32 AM
ONE, Dmitry was bageled to end the match. I refuse to believe that it had everything to do with how Tommy played. And TWO, somehow I doubt that you have ever seen Dmitry play outside of TV coverage. He's not the strongest mental competitor. I'm guessing that you think i'm putting Tommy down. I'm not, I like the guy. But, there was no reason for Dmitry to go down that way.

Do you think I really give a crap if people don't follow my logic? Also, I'm sure you would be throwing a little fit if someone beat a certain favorite of yours but played like crap to lose in the following round.
I couldn't care less what players who beat Roddick follow up on it. IF they get double bageled in the next round, SO BE IT. and sont assume shit please:D

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Andy leading 7-5 4-4

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:44 AM
Makes yesterday a complete waste!! . And makes Dmitry's quotes from yesterday really sickening to me. It's going to take me awhile to remember why I started liking him. [R] - Katherine,
ok this sounds oddly familiar to what Tennis724 wrote here, and i found that post over at www.roddicknroll.com on their message board. if that is you Tennis724 :haha::haha::haha:

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Andy won 7-5 7-6(5)

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 02:46 AM
I couldn't care less what players who beat Roddick follow up on it. IF they get double bageled in the next round, SO BE IT. and sont assume shit please:D

So, it's ok for you to assume that you know how Dmitry played and whether or not he deserved that win yesterday? Just because someone wins a match doesn't mean that they deserved to (if someone can prove to me that they saw that 3rd set yesterday and Dmitry was playing awesome and there was nothing that Alex could do then I'll say he deserved it, not before. But the fact remains that he didn't earn that win. Even if someone doesn't agree with me, it's not too hard to understand it). I could post A LOT of examples of that one. I understand, though, it's ok for you to assume about a match but it's not ok for me to guess about you from what I know of your previous posts.

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 02:48 AM
ok this sounds oddly familiar to what Tennis724 wrote here, and i found that post over at www.roddicknroll.com on their message board. if that is you Tennis724 :haha::haha::haha:

Yea? And your point must be??

Zorro
04-17-2004, 02:50 AM
7-5 7-6

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:51 AM
So, it's ok for you to assume that you know how Dmitry played and whether or not he deserved that win yesterday? Just because someone wins a match doesn't mean that they deserved to (if someone can prove to me that they saw that 3rd set yesterday and Dmitry was playing awesome and there was nothing that Alex could do then I'll say he deserved it, not before. But the fact remains that he didn't earn that win. Even if someone doesn't agree with me, it's not too hard to understand it). I could post A LOT of examples of that one. I understand, though, it's ok for you to assume about a match but it's not ok for me to guess about you from what I know of your previous posts.
I'm sorry, but can you PLEASE show me where i assumed anything of the way Tursunov played. if you get the win, its earned to matter what. it's not ones fault if the other is playing like utter crap. if you're playing out of your mind, or your opponent can't hit the ball inside the court, it's still an earned victory

Tricky_Forehand
Andy won 7-5 7-6(5)

i just hope I don't read an article tonight about how Roddick steamrolled :rolleyes: . I'll believe what Bunk will tell me later a bit more :)

Havok
Yea? And your point must be??
you HATE Roddick, and are posting at one of his fan's websites:retard:

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm sorry, but can you PLEASE show me where i assumed anything of the way Tursunov played. if you get the win, its earned to matter what. it's not ones fault if the other is playing like utter crap. if you're playing out of your mind, or your opponent can't hit the ball inside the court, it's still an earned victory

I agree. If your opponent plays like crap, and you play better than him, then you have earned it.

Neely
04-17-2004, 02:54 AM
wow, that was really a very close one, but you all have to admit that Melzer run into some good form lately, and some lefties like him can be really dangerous... Austria is for sure on the right way with a player like him :)

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:54 AM
i just hope I don't read an article tonight about how Roddick steamrolled :rolleyes: . I'll believe what Bunk will tell me later a bit more :)

Of course you can believer her. She's honest, unlike what some here may think. :)

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 02:55 AM
wow, that was really a very close one, but you all have to admit that Melzer run into some good form lately... Austria is for sure on the right way with a player like him :)

Well it isn't that big of a surprise. Melzer steamrolled his previous opponents this week. But he ran into Roddick, who was a lil bit too much for him.

Andy is also supposedly a lil fatigued this week.

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 02:58 AM
I'm sorry, but can you PLEASE show me where i assumed anything of the was Tursunov played. if you get the win, its earned to matter what. it's not ones fault if the other is playing like utter crap. if you're playing out of your mind, or your opponent can't hit the ball inside the court, it's still an earned victory

Serves me right for replying to someone who only seems to post to irritate half the time. You said that Dmitry deserved to win yesterday. How do you know that? I don't know for an absolute fact that he didn't but what I do know is that he didn't earn his win over Alex. I don't know how many other ways I can explain it to you. Any time that one player beats someone I like and goes on to lose in the next round, the previous win was not earned (in my mind). He/she doesn't necessarily need to win, they could lose in a tight match and I would be happy with the effort. Just because you don't agree with me, doesn't make me wrong.

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:58 AM
I didn't know Melzer was a lefty. lefty tennis players are freaky to watch:D

Havok
04-17-2004, 02:59 AM
when you have a W next to your name, its a EARNED/DESERVED victory. plain and simple. you were at that match, you came out the winner, you earned it. the level of play might DEMORALIZE the win, but it doesn't take away the fact that he earned it:D

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 03:00 AM
Well the lefty-ness, volleys, and hard deep drives must have been tough for Andy.

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 03:04 AM
you HATE Roddick, and are posting at one of his fan's websites:retard:

UM...sorry but it was stressed to me that while RnR was started based on Roddick that forum is open to fans of other players. And it is. Maybe you haven't noticed but results and news from ALL tournaments are posted. And A LOT of players are talked about.

Also, when did I say that I HATE Roddick. Yes, I call him Junior but so? I don't know him personally so how can I hate him. I dislike his game and on court personality although I've heard from a credible source that he's an asshole (but I heard from someone else that he's nice so it's all in who you talk to). Don't put words in my mouth. You're really trying to start shit. Are you that bored?

Neely
04-17-2004, 03:06 AM
I'd say that Andy has the easier semifinal against Horna... Haas has to deal with Pavel who could mean the end for Tommy at this stage :banghead: (Pavel is really strong)

I would be surprised if Tommy wins this, but I will be here for the possible surprise tomorrow ;)

Havok
04-17-2004, 03:08 AM
I know they post stories and results of all matches :retard: but still, just the fact that you post at a roddick messageboard is :lol: and im sorry but when you cheer for any player who faces Roddick, even if you never heard of this guy, that's hate. and when you do it every single day, there it goes again. you never have anything nice to say about Andy, so isn't that being hateful on the dude:scratch: if i somehow offended you in saying that you hate Roddick, then sorry i take it back. but i really find it hard that you are neutral to the guy

Havok
04-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Neely, win or lose, this is a very good tournament for Haas. Pavel is a tough player, and has been playing some pretty good tennis of late, so a loss shoudln't be dissapointing that much. imo with this good showing, Tommy will carry it along with him to Europe

Neely
04-17-2004, 03:13 AM
Neely, win or lose, this is a very good tournament for Haas. Pavel is a tough player, and has been playing some pretty good tennis of late, so a loss shoudln't be dissapointing that much. imo with this good showing, Tommy will carry it along with him to Europe
you're right, the semifinal on clay was for sure well above his own and his fans' expectations...

Neely
04-17-2004, 03:20 AM
I am certain that we will see an Andy/Tommy final. :D
glad that you are confident about that, but I have really lots of respect of Pavel... :rolleyes:

Andy/Tommy ... Roddick/Haas final <---- would be a dream for me :D :cool:

star
04-17-2004, 03:38 AM
I have a ton of respect for Pavel.

and I am so :o about the updates. Deb did her part. I just let down on my end.

TheBoiledEgg
04-17-2004, 03:45 AM
Tommy wow :D :) great win :D :)

Andrei :) nice job :)

Jurgen pffffffffff :rolleyes:

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 03:59 AM
I know they post stories and results of all matches :retard:

You seem to have a real obsession with that one icon.

but still, just the fact that you post at a roddick messageboard is :lol:

Maybe I missed it but where does it say "Roddick message board" on "Raquets 'N Rambling?" I must be missing it. Please point it out. A side from the pic of Roddick where the link is to start a new thread I don't see anything that says Roddick is priority.

and im sorry but when you cheer for any player who faces Roddick, even if you never heard of this guy, that's hate.

I'm sorry but when have you ever seen me cheer for someone just because I don't like Roddick. All you have to do is ask Bunk and she knows that's one of my biggest pet peeves. People who root for a player to lose rather than root for a player to win. I don't think I've even brought Roddick up once this week until it was to make a point (which flew over your head).

and when you do it every single day, there it goes again. you never have anything nice to say about Andy, so isn't that being hateful on the dude:scratch:

Again, when and where have I ever said anything negative about Roddick for the purpose of being immature. I don't call the kid (yes, he's a kid to me) names nor do I insult him. I don't like people putting down my favorites without reason so I sure as hell will not do it to someone else. I think you're confusing me with other posters.

but i really find it hard that you are neutral to the guy

I never said that I was neutral. But i never said that I hated him either. I don't like him. Plain and simple. Cut and dry.

star
04-17-2004, 04:01 AM
You guys are saying the same thing, but just using different words.

Deboogle!.
04-17-2004, 05:23 AM
Just saw on another forum that Junior won the first set 7-5. Jurgen probably got tight :sad: .

Nope, Andy turned the heat on at the end of the first. Won the last 4 games of the set when he finally decided to wake up and hit some passing shots :)

and yea, blame star for not getting updates ;) (j/k star you know I love ya :hug: )

Dmitry played really really badly today...he might've even double faulted on match point. Sorry.... he seems like a real good kid with a real good heart and he was giving it his all, but he just seemed off in space. Just too many errors, especially on important points. After the nice article in the Houston paper about him, he had some crowd support as an 'adopted son' of sorts, but yeah.

Melzer played really well, that's why Andy had trouble. Melzer was hitting the ball VERY hard and VERY deep and he was returning Andy's serves really well. Andy is so flat and tired out there, it's amazing he can win these matches. It's really a testament to his physical fitness and also how much the crowd does for him. When he got broken in the first set I thought Mack was going to have a heart attack :lol: But once again Andy raised his level when he needed to. Melzer didn't give anything away. He dropshotted Andy left and right and disguised it about as well as anyone I've personally ever seen. He was very impressive. Experience was the key, and Andy played the big moments much better, that is about all it boiled down to.

awwww Jace :kiss: that was nice of you to say. As my dad says, I'm "too honest for my own good sometimes" :)

As for the other matches. Haas is still playing great. To those concerned about his serve. I'm sorry but his serve is great. Pavel looked very solid against James, who really tried his hardest and had his chances and just did too little too late (he tried getting really aggressive at the very end and it was working....but, too late). Pavel just struck me as consistent, consistent, consistent. I think Pavel/Haas will be a great match tomorrow. Horna also, he played very well. If Todd hadn't served well, he would've been blown away. As I told star, whenever Todd got into a rally it was over. Horna was dropshotting him and unlike Andy, Todd can't/doesn't run them down. and Horna's forehand is sick. Only thing he doesn't do terribly well it seemed was return. So Andy will have to use his kick serve quite well since Horna is small and was having a lot of trouble with Todd's kicker. But Horna has beaten Andy on clay before and considering how flat Andy looks, it's gonna be a real tough match if he wants to make his 4th consecutive final. The one thing in Andy's favor is that it's hot and dry (relatively speaking for Houston anyway lol) and the court is playing fast, supposedly.

Oh and the one dubs match I saw, Fish/Blake played fabulous dubs to take out Ginepri/Merklein. James and Mardy are SO much fun to watch!!!

Naldo and Katherine, can't we all just get along? :)

Deboogle!.
04-17-2004, 05:43 AM
for those who still think Andy's an ass on court:

"Actually, Melzer had seemingly double-faulted the set away, but Roddick checked the mark and overruled the line call, giving Melzer a second second serve."

And the ump was not going to get out of his chair and Melzer did not question it. Andy went up to the mark on his own accord.

Neely
04-17-2004, 05:57 AM
thanks for reports, Bunk... enjoyed reading them :)

"Actually, Melzer had seemingly double-faulted the set away, but Roddick checked the mark and overruled the line call, giving Melzer a second second serve."
yeah, that was really very fair, Andy.... :worship: :yeah:

J. Corwin
04-17-2004, 06:43 AM
thank ya Deb

Tricky_Forehand
04-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Dmitry played really really badly today...he might've even double faulted on match point. Sorry.... he seems like a real good kid with a real good heart and he was giving it his all, but he just seemed off in space. Just too many errors, especially on important points. After the nice article in the Houston paper about him, he had some crowd support as an 'adopted son' of sorts, but yeah.

And reading this just pisses me off all over again. After Dmitry bragged that his mental lapses were over? Doesn't sound like it to me :mad: . I still like Dmitry but I'm so pissed at him that I don't really care if he wins a match over the next couple of months.

Melzer played really well, that's why Andy had trouble. Melzer was hitting the ball VERY hard and VERY deep and he was returning Andy's serves really well.

Jurgen is a strong competitor when he sticks to it. I would've liked to see this match regardless of the outcome.

Andy is so flat and tired out there, it's amazing he can win these matches. It's really a testament to his physical fitness and also how much the crowd does for him.

You were there so I have to believe that he must have been tired but, to me that's no excuse. Now, if he had played every day last week instead of just two matches over the weekend (with a day off in between) and gotten this far in the tournament then I would have more sympathy for him.

Melzer didn't give anything away. He dropshotted Andy left and right and disguised it about as well as anyone I've personally ever seen.

He's definitely sneaky with his dropshots :) . Hmmm...I'm starting to get the need to pop in a Jurgen match...lol.

As for the other matches. Haas is still playing great. To those concerned about his serve. I'm sorry but his serve is great. Pavel looked very solid against James, who really tried his hardest and had his chances and just did too little too late (he tried getting really aggressive at the very end and it was working....but, too late). Pavel just struck me as consistent, consistent, consistent. I think Pavel/Haas will be a great match tomorrow.

I HATE to root against Andrei :sad: but now it's Tommy's turn to win.

Naldo and Katherine, can't we all just get along? :)

It was my fault for allowing the kid to push my buttons :rolleyes: . I'm in a bad mood today (Murphy's Law) and I guess I fell into Naldo's trap :p .

Deboogle!.
04-17-2004, 02:37 PM
You were there so I have to believe that he must have been tired but, to me that's no excuse. Now, if he had played every day last week instead of just two matches over the weekend (with a day off in between) and gotten this far in the tournament then I would have more sympathy for him.

It's not physical tiredness, it's mental tiredness. he had two HUGE weekends in a row in Florida, very emotionally draining ones, and he himself has said several times that he's having a hard time coming down from the emotions of Davis Cup. It even clearly bothered the Bryan Brothers in their match. Plus, Andy has played more tennis than any of the top players. Andy needs to go home for a couple of days, not touch a tennis racket, and be with his family and have home-cooked food before going to Europe, and probably the prospect that he CAN'T do that just makes it even worse! Because then he can't go home til after Wimbledon really!

He looks fine physically, running down everything, serving well, etc. He just looks like he doesn't want to be there and is only doing it because of obligation to a place he really does like to play. I think if it were almost anywhere else, he might've pulled out.

star
04-17-2004, 03:10 PM
:armed: Naldo is about as fine a mensch as I have ever met on a tennis board. He's honest, forthright, and brave. :)

and funny as hell to boot. :lol:

Tennis724, I'm sure Andy doesn't need your sympathy. However the fact remains that he's played more tennis than just about anyone else this year and has also been sick recently. Bunk and Tangy were concerned when they saw him coughing in his last two post match interviews. And then we found out later that it was true.

Tursunov didn't appear to me to say anything out of line from what you quoted. He simply sounded positive and optimistic to me. From what you posted before, I thought he had said something bad about Alex.

star
04-17-2004, 03:11 PM
High five Bunk! If I hadn't edited...... I might have beaten you to the punch. :)

Deboogle!.
04-17-2004, 03:24 PM
:nerner: lol *high five back*

Great minds think alike :)

It's actually kind of odd watching Andy play this week... it's just sometimes he'll hit such a lazy shot or something and you're just like huh what is he doing? He's having a lot of brain cramps out there this week lol. But when someone dropshots him, he's still as dangerous as ever. It's definitely not a physical fatigue, IMO.

mad1town
04-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Bunk...thanks for the match updates! So did Haas play well or did Tursunov just not keep the ball in the court? In the past when I've seen Tursunov play poorly it seems like it all starts with his serve...if he is serving poorly his whole game goes south. Did you observe that or was it something else?

Also, so who are you picking...Pavel or Haas?

Neely
04-17-2004, 04:17 PM
I'd favor Haas more than Pavel to get the job done today, because it would be exciting for me to see him in a final again... but honestly, I see this match dead even... 50-50 chance for me

Deboogle!.
04-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Bunk...thanks for the match updates! So did Haas play well or did Tursunov just not keep the ball in the court? In the past when I've seen Tursunov play poorly it seems like it all starts with his serve...if he is serving poorly his whole game goes south. Did you observe that or was it something else?

Well I was talking about this with the lady next to me, whether it was Tursunov playing really poorly or Haas playing well. We decided it was sort of a combo of both. Tursunov's serve definitely let him down, with the double faults on big points and stuff. It was very sad to watch. But Haas did serve well and was hitting good balls. So yea, I'd have to say a bit of both.

as for Haas/Pavel, I really don't know! they both played well yesterday. I really just have no clue.

mad1town
04-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks Bunk! I just hope that Tursunov can forget about the loss and move on...just think of it as a bad day at the office. It seems to me that he is still trying to figure out in his own mind whether he really belongs with the top 30 guys. Talent wise, every keeps telling him he is a top 20 player...but until he gets a few big wins he will continue to doubt himself. When a player loses 2 & 0 in the QF's, that is confidence in my mind...a few bad points string together, then things start to snowball and before you know it your in a confidence funk. I don't think it is a lack of effort as a few others have said on this board...

Anyway, have fun at the tournament today...should see some good matches.

Deboogle!.
04-17-2004, 05:21 PM
yea, I felt really badly for him yesterday. You could just tell he's a good kid just trying his hardest.

thanks :) I'm about to leave in 10 min or so. I'll call star and give her updates during the Haas/Pavel match.

Aleksa's Laydee
04-17-2004, 06:07 PM
if its 8.30 in houston what time is it in england?
does any one know? is it like 12.30?

good luck to mardy and james :D

Aleksa's Laydee
04-17-2004, 09:18 PM
thanx
ahh man cnt watch it (well the scores) :(
good luck guys u can do it :D:D:D