AFL Round 1 .. What we have learned? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AFL Round 1 .. What we have learned?

bossboss
04-02-2007, 01:44 PM
After round one .. some early thoughts

ATS .. only 3 teams covered:- Lions , WB , Carlton
there is no such thing as home games .. always take the points as general rule and then consider everything else

All eight games the margin was under 39.5

Essendon win doesn't count yet , they won first game last year and lost 15 straight

My trend with St. kilda continues from last year: bet against them they win .. bet them they loose:devil:

Brad Johnson is worth a shot for a top 3 brownlow at 9.25

WB can be a top 4 team and from there anything can happen

bad gambler
04-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I think if it wasn't for their injuries, the Bulldogs would have made the top 4 last season

They are definitely a team to watch this season, excitement machine

mercurial
04-02-2007, 11:52 PM
I learnt that you just don't trust Melbourne in the early rounds of the season. Ever.

Collingwood confirmed to me just how slow their footspeed is. For long periods of the match they were unaccountable, and moved the ball way to slow. It was just lucky they got the Kangas, and even still they should have been beaten by 6 goals.

My betting enemy, Geelong, continue to fail. Not that I had them on Sunday, but wow they are just so disappointing.

Hawthorn were very puzzling. I expected them to win SU on Saturday night, and the performance that they gave was...well. Just not the sort of footy that they had been playing at the back end of 2006.

Teams I want to bet: Essendon, WCE, Richmond (possibly), St. Kilda
Teams I want to lay: Collingwood, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Adelaide.

Bolar Bolabi
04-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Backing Bulldogs ATS is probably worth a shot every week. As BG said, they're the team to watch this year - especially early on in the season when all their young guys are fresh.

I havn't looked at who they are playing this week, but I think they'll cover.

Gamblore
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Totals make you money:devil: