Davis Cup [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davis Cup

sebabe
04-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh dear! am I correct in thinking that Seb has NOT been picked to play Davis Cup against Russia?

aliasthad
04-02-2007, 11:25 AM
He is the 5th player on the team (i.e. the reserve).

:p

sebabe
04-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok, not as bad as I oringially thought.

aliasthad
04-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Seb's playing doubles with Llodra in the Davis Cup QF tie! :eek:

What happened to Clement?

Julio
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Bonjour à tous,

Je pense que c'est une bonne chose d'avoir écarté Séb' des matchs en simple. Déjà contre Pavel face à la Roumanie, c'étail limite. Vu la forme actuelle de PHM, il n'y a pas photo.
Par contre je comprends pas trop ce que Séb' fout dans le double ???!!! :eek:

Truc
04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Par contre je comprends pas trop ce que Séb' fout dans le double ???!!! :eek:The article from L'Équipe explains pretty well why Forget picked him instead of Clément, I posted it in the DC thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5143280&postcount=167

Julio
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
The article from L'Équipe explains pretty well why Forget picked him instead of Clément, I posted it in the DC thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5143280&postcount=167

Mouais, bof. Sans plus. Jouer la carte de l'originalité serait-elle la nouvelle stratégie de notre Guy national ? Je crois plutôt qu'il en a ras-le-cul de perdre contre la Russie. Donc, il tente un coup de bluff qui peut redorer son blason au sein de la FFT ou définitivement bien l'enfoncer... :rolleyes:

JBdV
04-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Great win today for Seb despite the overall result!

aliasthad
04-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Seb! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Hangdog
04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Seb! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Indeed :) Nothing else to add. Bravo Seb!!!! :yeah:

Perhaps not everything went perfectly, but the end was just great. And it was said that in the beginning of the week Seb caught a cold so he got well only recently. So even more respect to him :worship: And keep this motivation, please!!!!

http://www.fft.fr/coupe-davis/2007/russie-france/album/album6/medium/0028.jpg

I♥PsY@Mus!c
04-09-2007, 02:59 PM
It's funny coz in the 2nd day I hated him,but when he won against the guy I can't stand at all,I like him a lot! :p

sebabe
04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
One very small minior point, hardly worth mentioning, but it is something that I noticed and as I have said before people I know, would nether care, much less notice such a detail. So I'm afraid I have to unburden my thoughts upon yourselves (I apologise in advance). But, at the end of Seb's Davis Cup match which he won, he refused to shake hands with the umpire. I know they had a disagreement about a line call, and Seb was very upset about it, but I can't say I have ever seen another player refuse to shake hands with the umpire even if they have had a difference of opinion. He did it last year at the Austrialian Open after the infamous racket throwing incident and as I said before I feel he had every right to do so. But is it just me or was that a little bit ungracious considering that he won the match. I'm not criticising him, it was an important match and feelings were obviously running high. But what with that and the moment he said the 'F" word when he hit the ball into the net I think he was a naughty boy and a spank might be in order! :devil:

aliasthad
04-13-2007, 11:58 AM
he refused to shake hands with the umpire.

Seems to be his form of protest when he feels wronged in a match! Since I have been watching Seb I have only seen him do this twice - so I guess he must have felt it important enough to the outcome of the match each time.

But what with that and the moment he said the 'F" word when he hit the ball into the net

When did he swear!? I didn't see this match except for a few highlights. Was it that obvious!?

I think he was a naughty boy and a spank might be in order!

:haha:

sebabe
04-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I taped the match and missed it the first time I watched it, by the 85th time (only kidding), I watch it for a second time and towards the end of the match he was serving I can't remember the exact score I will have to watch the tape again.... but I will and I'll let you know so that if you have it on tape you can see for yourself. Anyway he hit the ball into the net and I could not hear what he said but it was pretty obvious what he mouthed and he was upset with himself for the mistake. I should think he thought he could get away with it because the crowd was predominantly Russian and French. Not really that earth shattering he can swear if he wants to, it was ignoring the umpire again, which really stood out for me. Can you remember another player doing the same thing, I can't, the like of Andy Murray etc I would not be too surprised at, but it seems so out of character for him.

So yes I feel some form of corporal punishment is required.

aliasthad
04-13-2007, 01:24 PM
I taped the match and missed it the first time I watched it

Where did you tape it from!!!? It wasn't on British TV as far as I could see. I hope I didn't miss it!

Can you remember another player doing the same thing

I don't specifically remember a player refusing to shake hands with the umpire, but I probably wouldn't have been paying much attention anyway! Back when I used to watch Boris Becker, I remember Agassi refusing to shake hands with him at the US Open. All in all these things seem rather tame after you read some of the other things players get up to, such as on the "What are the worst player antics of all time?" thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=86920&highlight=outrageous

:)

sebabe
04-13-2007, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=aliasthad;5183683]Where did you tape it from!!!? It wasn't on British TV as far as I could see. I hope I didn't miss it!

It was on Eurosport 1 or 2 it was listed as Davis Cup Spain and another country, I just happened to be watching when they switched to France and Russia. They did not show the entire match just the start and brief bits of the following sets, but they did show the entire fifth set. I was just lucky.

I must check out that thred, yes your right it is pretty tame behaviour.

aliasthad
04-13-2007, 01:47 PM
It was on Eurosport 1 or 2 it was listed as Davis Cup Spain and another country, I just happened to be watching when they switched to France and Russia. They did not show the entire match just the start and brief bits of the following sets, but they did show the entire fifth set. I was just lucky.

Bloody Hell!! I tuned in for bits of the Spain/USA tie just in case, but it was shown much later so I had no reason to believe France/Russia would be shown as the matches did not overlap! I found clips of the match on Dailymotion.com here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/grosjean/1

Guess I was unlucky! :sad:

sebabe
04-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I have read the worst player antics thred, (many thanks for that very funny) I take it all back Seb is practically a saint by comparision. Interesting that one of the moments they mentioned is Kiefer throwing his racket at Seb. I'm not sure if I have spelt Kiefer right and whats more I don't care!

aliasthad
04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I take it all back Seb is practically a saint by comparision.

:angel:

I'm not sure if I have spelt Kiefer right and whats more I don't care!

:haha: