Perpetual Golf Bridegroom Phil Mickleson finally wins a Major... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Perpetual Golf Bridegroom Phil Mickleson finally wins a Major...

Tennis Fool
04-11-2004, 11:20 PM
That's the Masters at Augusta. He birdied the last hole to win. I really wanted Ernie Els to win, as I like him better, but great for Phil to have that monkey off of his back :D

BTW, Martina's ex, Sergio, came in fourth.

Pink Panther
04-12-2004, 12:42 AM
:( Damn, I wanted Ernie Els to win as well. He was leading by one shot on the 17th...brrrrrrrrr...shouldn't have gone to do my laundry.

I reckon K.J.Choi is in third place then, he's a pretty cool guy. And where in the world is Tiger? :devil:

MisterQ
04-12-2004, 01:33 AM
I was so happy for Phil! Was at Easter dinner, but tuned in just in time to catch his 18th hole. :)

Tennis Fool
04-12-2004, 02:31 AM
Ernie wasn't a good sport about it, though. He threw his golf club to the ground after he heard that Phil birdied the hole. It was only the 3rd time that the Masters had been one by a birdie at the last hole.

Incidently, Phil lost the US Open when Payne Stewart birdied the last hole. Great feat for Stewart who later tragically died in a plane accident.

denim
04-12-2004, 02:58 AM
It was an excitng finish, I really admired Micklesons nerve and coolness on the closing holes, he kept smiling and looked so relaxed, our british commentator Peter Allis got so hyped up in it all that he thought the final putt had forced a play off then said "no hold on hes won it" lol

MisterQ
04-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Maybe this will inspire Kim Clijsters... ;)

maratski
04-12-2004, 09:46 AM
:haha:

WyveN
04-12-2004, 09:59 AM
not really a fan of golf but the back 9 was so exciting that even i tuned in

denim
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Maybe this will inspire Kim Clijsters... ;)

Is she a good golfer then? LOL :lol:

Tennis Fool
04-12-2004, 11:16 PM
I didnt' realize that Ernie hadn't won a green jacket before. Too bad.

Chloe le Bopper
04-12-2004, 11:33 PM
not really a fan of golf but the back 9 was so exciting that even i tuned in
Me too.

I also decided that I must not ever watch sports again. If golf makes me cry, God help me if any of my other tennis playing favourites do something significant.

MisterQ
04-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Me too.

I also decided that I must not ever watch sports again. If golf makes me cry, God help me if any of my other tennis playing favourites do something significant.

It's the release of tension after a tight contest. I'm sure it's a purely physiological reaction, as if you were cutting onions. ;)