I need help finding a player [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I need help finding a player

SBruguera
03-22-2007, 03:40 PM
You know, my game style is a little bit weird. It´s not that I play like Berasategui or something that can harm my body, but I am the only player I know who plays two-handed-forehand and one-handed-backhand.
I know some professional tennis players who play two-handed both wings (Seles, Gambill, Santoro, Sánchez-Lorenzo), but I don´t know any current or former player who plays like me. I´d be very pleased if someone gives me information about any professional player from the past with this kind of game. :bowdown:

elegos7
03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi,

According to Alan Little's Wimbledon Compendium the following players used a double-handed forehand and a single-handed backhand:
John Bromwich (AUS, in the 1940s)
Pancho Segura (ECU, in the 1950s)
Miloslav Mecir (TCH, in the 1980s)

I think you can order DVDs featuring Mecir from several sites. Hope this helps.

SBruguera
03-23-2007, 10:34 AM
LOTS of Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Action Jackson
03-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Mecir did not have a double handed forehand. He has a 2 hand backhand and a conventional forehand.

SBruguera
03-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Mecir did not have a double handed forehand. He has a 2 hand backhand and a conventional forehand.

Yes, I have realized of that. And, according Wikipedia Bromwich and Segura played two-handed both sides.
Anyway thank you for your time.

So noone in tennis history has played like me. :unsure:

Kolya
03-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Probably not.

Why do you play like that BTW? What got you into it?

Voo de Mar
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, I have realized of that. And, according Wikipedia Bromwich and Segura played two-handed both sides.
Anyway thank you for your time.

So noone in tennis history has played like me. :unsure:

You're unique - enjoy it :yeah:

SBruguera
03-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Probably not.

Why do you play like that BTW? What got you into it?

I can assure you I´m not trying to be cool playing like this. I´m not a casual player, I take tennis too seriously. The thing is: when I started playing tennis I had a lot of problems controlling my one-handed forehand. One day I tried to "copycat" Seles forehand, just for fun, and soon I realized that was a very natural stroke for me. My tennis teacher told me that, even if it wasn´t an orthodox stroke, I seemed to have more control and better angles with my two-handed forehand, so I continued playing this way. But I remained using the one-handed backhand because it was my best stroke (now my best stroke is the forehand).
I have played like this for the last 12 years, and I´m not going to change now. I only use the one-handed forehand when I´m volleying or when I don´t reach the ball.