Super 14 Round 8 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Super 14 Round 8

Mr Flamboyant
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Warratahs catching 16.5 against the Blues in Auckland ... seems like a slight overreaction to the Tahs' poor run ... You'd expect a line like that for a team that flat out can't compete ..

sports freak
03-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Warratahs catching 16.5 against the Blues in Auckland ... seems like a slight overreaction to the Tahs' poor run ... You'd expect a line like that for a team that flat out can't compete ..

Plus the Blues have been smashing teams by 20+ home and away :) but NSW seems to go ok in NZ,from last yrs efforts!!This game is all about how much Tahs can slow them down to be honest!!

Gamblore
03-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I rate the Lions a better side than the Tahs and they got canned against the Blues. The history maybe with the Tahs, but will it repeat this season, even though the Warratahs aren't as good as previous seasons.

Mr Flamboyant
03-22-2007, 10:44 AM
^ JJ .. sport don't work like that ie "Lions are better than Warratahs, Lions got beat by 35 vs Blues therefore Tahs lose by 45 ..."

The Warratahs have more to offer than the Lions, they're just not playing to their potential this season ... But a team as talented as NSW surely won't continue to merely show up and service their opposition .. I hope tomorrow will be the point of their campaign where they draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough because I've already jumped on them at the +16.5 ..

sports freak
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Hold on to that seat Flamb with the +16.5pts,i know the way your thinking but if the Blues are leading by 12-14pts at half time,this game could get ugly even if they are leading by around 8pts,it will take a mammoth effortn of 80mins of slaughter but i do like the way your thinking in this game,although do you back a team in turmoil or a team as hot as hell playing at home infront of a perocial crowd!!

Mr Flamboyant
03-22-2007, 11:10 AM
^ I like the fact the Blues are coming off a bye and are welcoming back a few All Blacks ... On paper that reads well for them but I think in reality it'll prove disruptive ... Warratahs going over there with an unchanged lineup and with nothing to lose ... I like them to lift for this one knowing they don't have a friend in the world as far as tipsters and experts are concerned ...

bad gambler
03-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Talent and Waratahs should not be used in the same sentence

Mr Flamboyant
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Talent and Waratahs should not be used in the same sentence

'talent' .. 'fullfilled' and 'Warratahs', I agree ...

bad gambler
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I'll still maintain they are the worst Australian provincial team in the super 14 given the players they have available. The lack of basic skills they have displayed over the past few weeks is nothing short of shocking. You will see a better skill level in GPS schoolboy rugby here in Sydney on a weekend.

Having said that 16.5 is probably a little too high, I'm going to wait untill HT and decide whether I'm getting involved.

Mr Flamboyant
03-22-2007, 11:31 AM
^ what effect if any do you think the bye will have on the Blues, along with the return of some ABs .. (although last I heard only one was returning this week..?)

rod_steel
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I'll still maintain they are the worst Australian provincial team in the super 14 given the players they have available. The lack of basic skills they have displayed over the past few weeks is nothing short of shocking. You will see a better skill level in GPS schoolboy rugby here in Sydney on a weekend.

GPS rugby :worship: :worship:

I'm on the Waratahs +16.5 for the biggest play of the season for me in the super 14 and some coins on the ML as well just for kicks. Though the wait till HT approach may not be such a bad idea given there is a chance you may get them for better than the 16.5 depending on how the Blues start the game

dave nz
03-22-2007, 12:18 PM
None of the reconditioned AB's are playing for the Blues except Mealamu who is on the bench.

Weather / conditions will be good for this one. If I take anything will post tomorrow.

Gamblore
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
GPS rugby :worship: :worship:

I'm on the Waratahs +16.5 for the biggest play of the season for me in the super 14 and some coins on the ML as well just for kicks. Though the wait till HT approach may not be such a bad idea given there is a chance you may get them for better than the 16.5 depending on how the Blues start the game

The Blues usually get the wrecking ball out quick and destroy. Maybe a back door cover is in order for the Waratahs. I am not going on this much as i don't feel good about it. GL to you though Rod, being the biggest play of the season.:cool:

bad gambler
03-23-2007, 04:18 AM
^ what effect if any do you think the bye will have on the Blues, along with the return of some ABs .. (although last I heard only one was returning this week..?)

None as these guys are professionals, coming off a bye isn't going to make much of a difference.

bad gambler
03-23-2007, 04:20 AM

WELL IN THAT CASE YOU HAVE BALLS OF STEEL SON

good luck, hopefully the Tahs do put in a respectable performance at least.

Finns4
03-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Tahs +16.5 seems like value to me, sure the tahs have been under performing, its now or never. If they lose im thinking it will b a tight loss.

Chucks a few coins on ML and Draw $41 only ten each way but hey.

$400 +16.5 $1.90 Good luck

dave nz
03-23-2007, 06:20 AM
Small one tonight hate the ref, game becomes more of a lottery with him in change which suits the Tahs. Decent ref and I'd bet real money. So just a small one :

Blues -14.5 (-125) (Williamhill) over NSW------------0.4 of a unit

gl

dave

Mr Flamboyant
03-23-2007, 09:46 AM
All I want for christmas is ONE FCUKING WIN .... Pack up and go home Warratahs, you're a farce ...

dave nz
03-24-2007, 04:48 AM
One more :

Highlanders ML / England ML (-106)----------0.5 of a unit

2nd leg England to beat Kenya tonight in cricket

gl

dave

dave nz
03-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Add :

Crusaders -19.5 (-110), 1 unit

bad gambler
03-24-2007, 07:10 AM
GL Dave, this is definitely one I'll wait till HT. I'd say that the Crusaders will blow this one early similar to what the Blues did 2 weeks ago and then might take the Stormers ATS (hoping for something huge like high +20's)

bad gambler
03-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Saders still need 2 more tries for a bonus point and are up 14 at the break. No play for me on the Stormers even though the line is now +27.5