Dragons v Knights
Panthers v Bulldogs
Tigers v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Storm
Cowboys v Roosters
Warriors v Broncos
Souths v Eels
Titans v Sharks

Early thoughts: Knights-Bulldogs-Tigers-Storm-Cowboys-Warriors-Rabitohs-Titans.

Get the brainstorming going.:rocker2:

Gamblore
03-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Note:If you didn't already know, Sonny Bill Williams will miss 2 matches. Huge loss, dogs need him bad.

The Gucci one
03-20-2007, 09:56 PM
If Wests Tigers are dogs I'll be taking them.

Gamblore
03-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I doudt that they would be dogs against Manly who are away. I'm fully confident in a Tigers high scoring win. The over looks very appealing as Tigers defence and Seagles defence can leak tries.

Mr Flamboyant
03-21-2007, 03:57 AM
Note:If you didn't already know, Sonny Bill Williams will miss 2 matches. Huge loss, dogs need him bad.

Not as badly as they need 13 players on the field for the entire game this weekend ...

See value in the Sharks at $2.25 against the Gold Coast ... Roosters +12.5 v Cowboys also stands out .. Canberra +12.5 at home :eek: must surely be an all time record points start for a Raiders side at home ... Since 1987 anyway ..

xcrap
03-21-2007, 04:06 AM
even without johns and buderus Flam?

Mr Flamboyant
03-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Wasn't aware Buderus was out too x ... cheers ... will stratch that one from the 'possibles' list ..

dave nz
03-21-2007, 04:59 AM
Lockyer and Webb both out for the Broncos this weekend I think.

xcrap
03-21-2007, 05:40 AM
Wasn't aware Buderus was out too x ... cheers ... will stratch that one from the 'possibles' list ..

hes still suspended from last years suspension for that lifting tackle against manly.

manly will have alot of key injuries also, menzie and utai already out, doubts over orford also. his listed as day by day injury.

Mr Flamboyant
03-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Lockyer and Webb both out for the Broncos this weekend I think.

You mean Lockyer and Parker? Both of them are out indefinitely ... Perry comes into the halves ..

its.like.that
03-21-2007, 06:36 AM
With TAB, you can bet on how many points each team will score.

The 0-10 option for the Raiders looks very appealing.

:)

Mr Flamboyant
03-21-2007, 07:17 AM

= crapshoot ... if you're serious about betting that way you're better off spreading your stake across two points brackets .. ie half a unit 0-10, the other half 10-20 ... given that each pays $3.20+ you'll profit as long as it stays within that 20 point range ...

Gamblore
03-21-2007, 07:20 AM

Forget the TAB, they suck with the odds. Centrebet would suite that market better.

dave nz
03-21-2007, 07:24 AM
You mean Lockyer and Parker? Both of them are out indefinitely ... Perry comes into the halves ..

lmao

Yep meant Parker ;)

bad gambler
03-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Raiders +12.5 at home :lol:

Mr Flamboyant
03-21-2007, 08:45 AM
^ My challenge still stands ... ie to anyone who can find a previous Raiders home game where they were given more than 12.5 start ...

Gamblore
03-21-2007, 10:05 AM
The Raiders were lucky to score a try against Manly. Why would they have any better chance to cover +12.5 over the Storm. Manly aren't better than the Storm and really shouldn't have trouble breaking there woeful defence. Although the Raiders may look to bounce back and play better defence and try to spoil Melbourne. I can't see much in the Raiders +12.5. Keeping in mind, just because there at home they will play better. Not over night/week will they play better.

dave nz
03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
The Raiders were lucky to score a try against Manly. Why would they have any better chance to cover +12.5 over the Storm. Manly aren't better than the Storm and really shouldn't have trouble breaking there woeful defence. Although the Raiders may look to bounce back and play better defence and try to spoil Melbourne. I can't see much in the Raiders +12.5. Keeping in mind, just because there at home they will play better. Not over night/week will they play better.

Incredible odds on the Rabittohs @ 6.00+:eek:
I don't think the Eels are worth a price of a 1.20 to beat a team thats just beaten the Roosters for the 2nd time in 7 games (correct me on that stat).

Huh the Els are slight dogs nearly everywhere :confused:

bad gambler
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Incredible odds on the Rabittohs @ 6.00+:eek:
I don't think the Eels are worth a price of a 1.20 to beat a team thats just beaten the Roosters for the 2nd time in 7 games (correct me on that stat).

Not sure who your bookie is but I want his number!!! :D

Gamblore
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Huh the Els are slight dogs nearly everywhere :confused:

Your right, what pot am i smoking:confused:

Gamblore
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Not sure who your bookie is but I want his number!!! :D

Me also:sad:

dave nz
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM

No worries we all make mistakes like me calling Corey Parker Carl Webb tonight :lol:

Mr Flamboyant
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Titans injury update .. Scott Prince had an MRI on his right ankle today but the results weren't known this afternoon and he's still touch and go for monday night against the Sharks ... Preston Campbell trained at halfback and will slot in there if Prince is out .. Matt Peterson moves onto the wing to replace Chris Walker ...

sports freak
03-22-2007, 10:40 AM

That loss is not as big as one thoughts,he hasnt been on the field too much over the last couple of yrs so the Dogs are use to playing without him although this time there's no Asotasi for backup but Mason/Meley/Ryan should get the job done over another Big Ferious Forward back minus the trouble making Preston who has caused Dogs some problems in previous times,Wesser also seems to go well too against the Dogs of late!!

sports freak
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I doudt that they would be dogs against Manly who are away. I'm fully confident in a Tigers high scoring win. The over looks very appealing as Tigers defence and Seagles defence can leak tries.

I was actually thinking Manly having a big win,people here are still Underating Hassler's boy imho!!!

Mr Flamboyant
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM
^ keep a close eye on the final makeup of their team SF ... there's some key personel under injury clouds ...

sports freak
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
^ My challenge still stands ... ie to anyone who can find a previous Raiders home game where they were given more than 12.5 start ...

Yeah i think that's the highest ive seen at home,that line is in jeopardy at half time you would think!!!

sports freak
03-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Must be good shit,dont be shy to share it around :)

The Gucci one
03-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Panthers in turmoil
Panthers at home to beat the the dogs @$2.75

bad gambler
03-23-2007, 04:09 AM
I like the Penny Panthers as well tonight, will see if I can get more then 6

its.like.that
03-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Forget the TAB, they suck with the odds. Centrebet would suite that market better.

Has centrebet every offered such markets? :confused:

I've never seen them :shrug:.

Finns4
03-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Likin My Panthers +5.5 but im gonna wait to see if it hits +6 ain't worth 5 wit Hazam kicking.

I like Manly +6.5

Im all over the Warriors -6.5 v broncos

Gamblore
03-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Can someone please tell me why you would be placing bets with the Panthers. They were god awful against the Sharks. They couldn't get a single try with players that they have in Gower, Wesser, Rooney etc. Why would the Panthers have any chance against a Bulldogs team that suffered a pretty ridiculous defeat last week and if i remember, the Bulldogs do well against the Panthers.

Gamblore
03-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Has centrebet every offered such markets? :confused:

I've never seen them :shrug:.

12.5 or try Betfair.

Finns4
03-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Can someone please tell me why you would be placing bets with the Panthers. They were god awful against the Sharks. They couldn't get a single try with players that they have in Gower, Wesser, Rooney etc. Why would the Panthers have any chance against a Bulldogs team that suffered a pretty ridiculous defeat last week and if i remember, the Bulldogs do well against the Panthers.

Cause they are @ Home and its not wet. there's no sunny bill and matthew elliot this week said he feels the side have had a massive turn around in attitude

I here what your saying, im a panthers fan have been for 10 years, im def not taking the ML but the Points are good if it hits 6

Finns4
03-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Panthers line moved to +6 @ sportsbet

Gamblore
03-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Panthers have way to much trouble in the camp. Also Craige Gower is an idiot with the things he does outside of the club. Can't spot a win here for the Panthers, and yet i get the feeling they'll win by 4.

Gamblore
03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
This seriously is a tough round to pick. This is what i went with.

Dragons v Knights
Panthers v Bulldogs
Tigers v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Storm
Cowboys v Roosters
Warriors v Broncos
Souths v Eels (Eels have a big chance there, still 50/50 on that.
Titans v Sharks

The Gucci one
03-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Panthers have way to much trouble in the camp. Also Craige Gower is an idiot with the things he does outside of the club. Can't spot a win here for the Panthers, and yet i get the feeling they'll win by 4.

Apart from Gower's problem what other troubles do they have mate?

Gamblore
03-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Apart from Gower's problem what other troubles do they have mate?

Trying to adjust to a new coaches playing style doesn't always become second nature. The level they are at doesn't look like first class quality and just like the Roosters, there trying a new style of play that hasn't fully suited the team.

The Gucci one
03-23-2007, 07:58 AM
True but I feel they are value as the dogs were totally unimpressive too me last week and I feel they should be only slight faves imho tonight. If you take a look through both sides I feel their is not much between them at all.

bad gambler
03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
FYI - Matt Cooper out for the Dragons tonight

sports freak
03-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Agree tough games to call 2nite,leaning on the Dogs to win but the Forward pack of Penrith is always a worry,i like the Dogs more due to the Exclusion of Preston Campbell who could been the difference,him and Gower combined really give the go forward of Penrith uin the past!!Dragons at home to Knights,i remember this game quite clearly when Joey Johns ran an absolute muck to make the Dragons look like School boy rugby,could this be in the back of the minds of St George,who knows we shall find out!!

Gamblore
03-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Its great living in QLD, know live games on TV.:sad:

The Gucci one
03-23-2007, 09:05 AM
I know the feeling but it's only because the idiot politicians especially Beattie won't change to daylight savings.

xcrap
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
pathetic dragons..

impressive panthers putting 40 on the dogs

orford out for manly tomorrow.

sports freak
03-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Gotta Love the NT,lol!!Lets get back to business for 2day games and winners!!Dragons still have mental issues on putting teams away,while i cant wait for Shifty Sherwin to get the boys into gear!!

Sea Eagles over Tigers - I dont believe Orford will be out n feel he will be the match winner at the end of the day!!

Storms by how much,should cover the line and win by 3-4 tries atleast!!

Cowboys over Roosters - Remember this game last yr when the Roosters pulled of an upset of a pretty decent Cowboys outfit but this time the Roosters are running scared,seems to have too much old legs or something,Cowboys in a canter but by how much,you would think quite abit!!

sports freak
03-24-2007, 02:46 AM
Tigers have been hammered,Orford must be out or word has gonna around!!Maybe more value on the Unders again for Jimbo!!!

Storms -12.5pts over Raiders - Bellamy werent happy last game!!
Cowboys -12.5pts over Roosters - This could be in trouble by HT!!

Mr Flamboyant
03-24-2007, 03:53 AM
If that line blows out any further I think Manly becomes decent value at around +7 ...

Mr Flamboyant
03-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Raining all day in Canberra and now raining at Leichhart Oval ...

its.like.that
03-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Yep, was raining quite a lot earlier this afternoon, it has stopped for now (at least where I am), although I imagine the field at Canberra Stadium must be fairly slippery.

Mr Flamboyant
03-24-2007, 07:18 AM
With the conditions as they are in Canberra, the home side's stocks have definitely risen ... looking hard at the Raiders +12.5 ...

bad gambler
03-24-2007, 07:21 AM
With the conditions as they are in Canberra, the home side's stocks have definitely risen ... looking hard at the Raiders +12.5 ...

I fell into that trap last week thinking the conditions would be a leveller - unfortunately there is no leveller to compensate for a lack of depth and talent. The Storm could play in snow and still put up a score on these mugs.

bad gambler
03-24-2007, 07:23 AM
The only play I'm thinking about it the Roosters +12.5 believe it or not against the Cowboys. Mitchell Pearce will provide so much more in attack for the Roosters than Lewis did last week, I've seen this kid play close up and he can definitely play.

I've only read positive things about him as well subsequent to the junior Kangas tour of Great Britain over Christmas last year.

Mr Flamboyant
03-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Hmmm...don't think the fact they're at home and coming off that embarassing loss will lift em..?

Mr Flamboyant
03-24-2007, 07:30 AM
The only play I'm thinking about it the Roosters +12.5 believe it or not against the Cowboys. Mitchell Pearce will provide so much more in attack for the Roosters than Lewis did last week, I've seen this kid play close up and he can definitely play.

I've only read positive things about him as well subsequent to the junior Kangas tour of Great Britain over Christmas last year.

The Roosters have a remarkable record in Townsville .. these early rounds I'm determined to take my medicine from previous years and lean towards teams coming off disappointing performances the week before ...

bad gambler
03-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Yes Roosters have a 17-2 all time record against the Cowboys since their inception.

The Gucci one
03-24-2007, 07:40 AM
The Roosters have a remarkable record in Townsville .. these early rounds I'm determined to take my medicine from previous years and lean towards teams coming off disappointing performances the week before ...

I'm steering well clear of this. If we play 1 marker we are likely to be carved up. If we play 2 markers we are a chance of making a game of it. Too many question marks for me.

sports freak
03-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Johnathon Thurstons and Jason Smith will have a field day out,this game is all about how much the Rooster's can slow down these Rampaging Cowboys on Heat!!

sports freak
03-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Sea Eagles got robbed by a dubious try,Marshall surely intefer with Stewart's progress,incredible things happen when your the home team i guess!!

Mr Flamboyant
03-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Johnathon Thurstons and Jason Smith will have a field day out,this game is all about how much the Rooster's can slow down these Rampaging Cowboys on Heat!!

time to return that copy of 'Brokeback Mountain' sportsfreak..! :D

sports freak
03-24-2007, 08:07 AM
time to return that copy of 'Brokeback Mountain' sportsfreak..! :D

:lol: Flamb :haha: Damn your good :hatoff:

Gamblore
03-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Incredible, stick a fork in the Tiggers, there done. The Tigers are all waiting for Bengie to create something. Its not going to happen, create something yourself. Thats the problem and the loss of Prince ain't helping.

Gamblore
03-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Seriously, that win from Penrith should give them tremendous confidents in the camp and seriously the dogs look like a wreck.

The Dragons really should have taken that game against the Knights. As Guss Gould said all night, the pretty Dragons let the Knights have the game as the Dragons couldn't put the game away. They failed to find touch on a penalty and also turned the ball over way to much. What an absolute disgrace. I was speechless with the effort by the Dragons. Sack Brown, he sucks big time.

xcrap
03-24-2007, 11:06 AM
storm attack were too good, they only needed one shot at the raiders line and they would score. too easy.

meanwhile, the cowboys are murdering the rooster atm 18-0 after 20mins :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gamblore
03-24-2007, 11:13 AM
storm attack were too good, they only needed one shot at the raiders line and they would score. too easy.

meanwhile, the cowboys are murdering the rooster atm 18-0 after 20mins :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am liking my Cowboys to win the Premiership at the moment.:devil:

Gamblore
03-25-2007, 12:52 AM
South Sydney -2 v Eels

sports freak
03-25-2007, 01:32 AM
South Sydney -2 v Eels

Any reasoning behind this mate?? Apart from JT facing his Old Team mates and knowing them inside out ;) but then again Hagan is desperate for a win aswell :shrug:

dave nz
03-25-2007, 03:46 AM
First bet on the season for me :

Parramatta ML (+118) over Souths---------1 unit

gl

dave

Mr Flamboyant
03-25-2007, 03:49 AM

dave

Like it too ... seems like all and sundry are drinking up the Souths cool aid ...

dave nz
03-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Nahh pretty even betting match.

The Gucci one
03-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Apparently Finch and Smith are not getting on from what I have heard on the grapevine.

Mr Flamboyant
03-25-2007, 04:04 AM
Nahh pretty even betting match.

One of my books has clearly taken a truckload of Souths money ... At the -1.5 they've shortened from $1.90 to $1.75

Mr Flamboyant
03-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Jeezuz F-ing christ the Broncos kill me sometimes ... gifting the Warriors possession and a try from a lost scrum against the feed ... :silly:

Mr Flamboyant
03-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Orrr FFS ref give up on these play the ball penalties!?!

dave nz
03-25-2007, 07:11 AM

gl

dave

Bet lost

Gamblore
03-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Sharks +2 v Titans

Early bird catches the worm. Love this play and a big one it is.

Mr Flamboyant
03-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Sharks +2 v Titans

Early bird catches the worm. Love this play and a big one it is.

Prince is likely to play for the Titans but his ankle is pretty suspect .. he has torn some of the smaller ligaments and playing him will be a risk imo this early in the season ... If he's out Preston Campbell will move to halfback and Smith Saeo to fullback ...

Gamblore
03-25-2007, 08:30 AM
I heard that Walker and Prince are both out.

Gamblore
03-25-2007, 08:31 AM
OMG, Pinnacle offering 2.12 for Sharks and crappy CB offering 2.00.

dave nz
03-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Saw 2.20 at Ladbrokes and Stan James

Mr Flamboyant
03-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I heard that Walker and Prince are both out.

On friday the man himself (Prince) said he was a 90% chance of playing ... However I'm not sure what's happened over the weekend .. how he trained friday-sat-sun + a final doctor's verdict was going to determine whether he plays or not ... I'll know for sure tomorrow although won't be able to post here .. just keep an ear to the ground ..

Regardless I still like the Sharks tomorrow night ...

The Gucci one
03-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Prince is in

Gamblore
03-26-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm hoping for a nice hit on Prince early on. Get him to the bench early.:boxing:

The Gucci one
03-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Just a small go on the under 41.5 tonight

Gamblore
03-26-2007, 10:50 AM
............:mad:

The Gucci one
03-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Bad Luck mate you will get them next time

xcrap
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
i wonder how much tim mander was paid for that last try decision ;)

sports freak
03-28-2007, 01:45 PM
i wonder how much tim mander was paid for that last try decision ;)

Buddy you missed the Try b4 that aswell ;) he should got payed Double for it,nobody saw the the clear cut running behind the man and passing job which resulted in the Minnicello try that was crucial to the outcome,have a flick through some replays if ya get a chance :eek: