onto miami [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

onto miami

Via
03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
the draw is out and looks like (because it is still a bit confusing on the official site) arnaud is playing montanes 1st round, the winner of which will face berdych.

Hangdog
03-19-2007, 10:49 PM
The draw I saw looked fine and there was the same Berdych looking for the winner of Clement/Montanes.
Well, bonne chance Arnaud! I'd like to see him playing Berdych, it would be an interesting encounter.

Via
03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
playing today :p

edit: postponed till friday

kukka
03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Good luck to Arnaud! :wavey: That sure is a tough draw throughout and for everyone in Miami. ;)

Elina

higherlaw
03-23-2007, 04:35 PM
he won 6-4, 6-1 (he was up 3-0 in the 1st...)

on to meet berdych.

they've only played once and that was at miami 2005. #46 berdych retired leaving #124 clement the winner who was ahead anyway at 6-3, 3-0.
now it's #15 berdych vs #51 clement.:rolleyes:

doubles:
CLEMENT, Arnaud (FRA)/LLODRA, Michael (FRA) v ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP)/VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP)

TMJordan
03-24-2007, 05:32 AM
I think Arnaud's style can really bother Berdych as well Berdych has struggled of late.

Big chance for Arnaud too win a nice match here.

Make us proud :cool:

Allez Arnaud :yeah:

Anne-Claire
03-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Allez Arnaud :bounce:

TMJordan
03-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Will Arnaud ever beat anyone good again? :rolleyes:

higherlaw
03-24-2007, 08:50 PM
:sad: i was hopeful :sad: at least he had better first serve %s than the last match.

doubles still to come.:cool:

Anne-Claire
03-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Arnaud :sad:

Marine
03-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Not a surprise :awww:

Via
03-25-2007, 12:10 AM
did anyone see the match? was it another case of 'xxx was struggling, but arnaud struggled even more' ??

Anne-Claire
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Arnaud is not really disappointed by his loss vs Berdych... yesterday he was at the NBA basketball match eating a "barbe a papa" :haha: (dunno the english word for that) lol

Marine
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Any pics ? :lol:

higherlaw
03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Any pics ? :lol:

yeah, A-C did you see pictures?? barbe a papa is cotton candy. sugar rush.

higherlaw
03-25-2007, 06:11 PM
did anyone see the match? was it another case of 'xxx was struggling, but arnaud struggled even more' ??

hopefully someone will post what they saw.

i did see the seb vs richard match:topic: if bruno or arnaud were there, they never showed them, but they kept showing Eric Deblicker over and over...

Piti Pingoin
03-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Arnaud is not really disappointed by his loss vs Berdych... yesterday he was at the NBA basketball match eating a "barbe a papa" :haha: (dunno the english word for that) lol

C'est quoi cette histoire de Barbe à Papa? lol
Ou as tu trouvé ça?

Anne-Claire
03-25-2007, 08:17 PM
yeah, A-C did you see pictures?? barbe a papa is cotton candy. sugar rush.

No, I have friends who went to the basketball match yesterday evening, dunno yet if there will be pictures :)

Hangdog
03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
The best thing to do at a basketball match :lol:

And he could do it better against Berdych :(

Via
03-25-2007, 11:41 PM
good job arnaud :tape:

now your fans are talking about basketball matches and cotton candy, when they think of you in miami!!

....he and mika actually just played and won their first round match.

Piti Pingoin
03-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the answer Anne-Claire!

higherlaw
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)/Michael LLODRA (FRA) vs Brendan EVANS (USA)/Ryan SWEETING (USA)

they won 6-3, 7(10)-6

i walked away disappointed from the live scores when the tie-break was 3-6 only to come back planning to face the fact that they lost, but they pulled through :banana:

it would have been pretty sad if they had lost to these players ranked #376 and #1019 in doubles! :silly:

higherlaw
03-28-2007, 04:10 PM
today on Grandstand:
Mark KNOWLES (BAH)/Daniel NESTOR (CAN) vs Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)/Michael LLODRA (FRA)

Piti Pingoin
03-28-2007, 07:51 PM
They are the bestttt!
La Russie a du souci à se faire!

Marine
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Men's Doubles: Quarterfinals
Arnaud Clement (FRA)
Michael Llodra (FRA) def. Mark Knowles (BAH)
Daniel Nestor (CAN) [3]
3-6,6-1,[10-5]

C'est très bien mais je trouve que Llodra n'a pas été très reglo avec Santoro quand j'y repense. Il lui a dit qu'il préférait arrêter avec lui en double car il souhaitait se consacrer au simple ! Or en simple rien de nouveau il est toujours aussi mauvais (désolée) et il joue en double à chaque tournoi. Donc il préférait jouer avec arnaud et ainsi faciliter les choses avec la coupe davis et Forget à mon avis.
Tant mieux si ils jouent bien ensemble, mais je préférais son association avec Santoro, ils étaient géniaux ensemble et j'ai adoré les voir jouer à Roland Garros.
Arnaud peut jouer avec n'importe qui de toute façon (avec seb notamment).

I think Llodra was not very fair with his former double teamate Santoro... he decided to stop to play with him cos he wanted to focuse on his single career, and everybody knows his results :rolleyes: he continues to play as much in double but with arnaud.

Kezzi
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Arnaud Clement (FRA)
Daniel Nestor (CAN) [3]
3-6,6-1,[10-5]

C'est très bien mais je trouve que Llodra n'a pas été très reglo avec Santoro quand j'y repense. Il lui a dit qu'il préférait arrêter avec lui en double car il souhaitait se consacrer au simple ! Or en simple rien de nouveau il est toujours aussi mauvais (désolée) et il joue en double à chaque tournoi. Donc il préférait jouer avec arnaud et ainsi faciliter les choses avec la coupe davis et Forget à mon avis.
Tant mieux si ils jouent bien ensemble, mais je préférais son association avec Santoro, ils étaient géniaux ensemble et j'ai adoré les voir jouer à Roland Garros.

I think Llodra was not very fair with his former double teamate Santoro... he decided to stop to play with him cos he wanted to focuse on his single career, and everybody knows his results :rolleyes: he continues to play as much in double but with arnaud.
They won :bounce:

(Skipping the French part)

I was wondering about that too. But I don't think Fabrice minds to play with Zimonjic, everytime I see them, it looks like they have a lot of fun together :D

Via
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Arnaud Clement (FRA)
Daniel Nestor (CAN) [3]
3-6,6-1,[10-5]

you mean... mika ditched fabrice because he knew fabrice's not popular (??) with guy forget, so in order to secure his spot in DC, he pairs up with arnaud?

:eek: wow, no wonder they say playing tennis needs chess skills.

what i can see is that usually before DC, french players try as hard as they can in tournaments to impress guy (the lucky captain). arnaud/mika must be doing what they can to justify their doubles slot right now.

higherlaw
03-28-2007, 11:41 PM
you mean... mika ditched fabrice because he knew fabrice's not popular (??) with guy forget, so in order to secure his spot in DC, he pairs up with arnaud?

:eek: wow, no wonder they say playing tennis needs chess skills.

what i can see is that usually before DC, french players try as hard as they can in tournaments to impress guy (the lucky captain). arnaud/mika must be doing what they can to justify their doubles slot right now.

lol, i'm being facetious here: if so, why do they play so 'ugly', i.e. arnaud with the balls kids and micka...well...did you see my post in micka's board? that wouldn't impress me!

but, since they play well as team, it seems to make sense to bank on a known team rather than pair two who don't usually play together.

Via
03-28-2007, 11:55 PM
:confused: i mean they try to impress guy with their doubles result. i don't think guy cares whether arnaud is rude to people as long as he wins DC rubbers for him.

i don't understand your point at all??? well of course there are many ways to impress a captain :devil: but i won't speculate :devil:

higherlaw
03-29-2007, 12:07 AM
:confused: i mean they try to impress guy with their doubles result. i don't think guy cares whether arnaud is rude to people as long as he wins DC rubbers for him.

i don't understand your point at all??? well of course there are many ways to impress a captain :devil: but i won't speculate :devil:

oh, sorry for your confusion.:devil: that's why i said i was being facetious and that their behavior wouldn't impress me. hard to get my sense of humor across in writing:rolleyes:. you're right, guy doesn't care as long as they win.

Via
03-29-2007, 12:28 AM
sorry... my mind's not working in the mornings... i'm sure someone else will get it ;)

higherlaw
03-29-2007, 02:41 PM
:crazy: ok, no more bad attempts at bad humor!

today:
COURT 1 Matches Start At: 12:00 PM
Martin DAMM (CZE)/Leander PAES (IND) vs Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)/Michael LLODRA (FRA)

good luck!

Piti Pingoin
03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
They lost 4/6, 6/3, 12-10.
However, they had a match point...
What a pity!

Marine
03-29-2007, 07:52 PM
C'est ballo

Via
03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
it's a good run and it was thus they had secured their place in DC, i believe.