Thanks for starting the thread Jonathan, I'm sure it'll be a sucess. :D
And Rafa didn't even get too tired @ the IW final. :D

linus
03-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I will keep myself in a quiet mood for another week :aplot:

Rafa, brave guy, Vamos :rocker:

Sean.J.S.
03-19-2007, 11:16 AM
I am not the biggest Rafa fan, but he is very entertaining and I wish him all the best.

cc2monac
03-19-2007, 11:59 AM
congrats rafa! realy realy great for him he is becoming stronger and stronger with the years! so proud of him! what a champion!

sweetiepiedoll
03-19-2007, 05:38 PM
RAFA bought sexyback to Indian Wells by winning the tournament. So, please RAFA bring sexyback to Miami by winning the tournament (if you don't win you are still SEXY). Show RFED that he is not the only that can do the double (win Indian Wells & Miami in the same year). Vamos, RAFA I believe in you!!!

mallorn
03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
One hour till the draw. :yippee:

Come on Rafa, keep playing well! :bounce:

Tess Gray
03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
One hour till the draw. :yippee:

Come on Rafa, keep playing well! :bounce:

is the draw out??
Is it any good or is it a really dificult one:rolleyes:

mallorn
03-19-2007, 09:44 PM
^^ The draw is out. http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/403/mds.pdf

It's very difficult yet again. :(

vamosnadal
03-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Don't worry everyone! On this form I think he's going to be looking forward to some revenge against his former problem players. I really think he can beat Youzhny if they meet in the fourth round. Also Blake is not in good form and so I don't think he'll get through to face our Raf, I'm expecting him to fall to Safin. Wishing our man loads and loads of luck for his next tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kandygram
03-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello! I'm new and figuring out how things work! :unsure: :scratch:

I love Rafa and agree with vamosnadal. Rafa performed beautifully at IW and looks like he's got the confidence to take on his toughest rivals. He's changed his court positioning to take balls earlier and challenge those flat ball hitters.:devil: Hope he adjusts quickly to the humid conditions.

I'd like to see him hoist another trophy in America! :banana:

Tess Gray
03-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Hello! I'm new and figuring out how things work! :unsure: :scratch:

I'd like to see him hoist another trophy in America! :banana:

Amen to that ;) I hope he wins as well, I also hope he doesn't run into Mr. Youzhny, because I'm afraid he won't make it if he does..:sad:

welcome here!:wavey:

nevermind
03-20-2007, 10:43 PM
I hope you are all right ..
Vamoooos Rafa : :bounce:
Welcome Kandygram
I'm also new & asking around ;)
& I get answers from sweet members here
:woohoo:

Naide
03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
the draw is quite hard indeed

But Vamos Rafalito :banana:

nevermind
03-21-2007, 09:27 AM
the draw is quite hard indeed

But Vamos Rafalito :banana:

Yes you're right , tough draw indeed
Marcos B or Youzhny , Blake , Novac ..
Let's hope he does as well as ...
INDIAN WELLS
wooohooo :woohoo:
VAMOS RAFA
:wavey:

Carlita
03-21-2007, 11:54 AM
:wavey: hi everyone!

:eek: I can't leave for 2 seconds or this happens....

okay Nadal forum cleaned....troll removed....

sorry to have deleted some of your posts as well but without the NadalSucks posts they didnt make much sense :lol:

if I have missed one, please let me know!!

VAMOS RAFA!

Xristos
03-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Why do I have 0 vcash?

MariaV
03-21-2007, 12:08 PM
It's OK Carlita! :wavey:

Naide
03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks Carlita

kandygram
03-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome TessJuh and nevermind. :wavey:

Sounds like there was some trouble here Carlita. :retard: I promise to be on my best behavior! :p

Vamos Rafa in Miami! :yeah:

NicoFan
03-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Glad I missed the trouble.

Thanks Carlita...:hug:...you are the best as always! :yeah:

nevermind
03-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Nice to see this clean up ..
I didn't know it could be done
I guess you are the super sweeper Carlita :lol:
thanks for moving all the blahblahblah posts out

Xristos , what do you do with your vcash ?
You want some of mine ?woops I see its gone also

MariaV
03-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Rafa will play Ricardo Mello in the 2nd rd and it will be on Friday as the bottom half 1st rd was/is today.
Seems there won't be any coverage before Saturday.

Sunset of Age
03-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks to all for your information - and to you, Carlita, for cleaning up some kind of mess which I am happy about not having seen it!

Raf will do fine, whatever his draw, if he manages to keep his IW-form, I think! :yeah:

Mimi
03-22-2007, 04:34 AM
thank you so much, Carlita :hug:

oh this "Nadalsucks" is :bs: :ignore: :bolt: :scared:

Xristos
03-22-2007, 05:42 AM
Nice to see this clean up ..
I didn't know it could be done
I guess you are the super sweeper Carlita :lol:
thanks for moving all the blahblahblah posts out

Xristos , what do you do with your vcash ?
You want some of mine ?woops I see its gone also

Thanks anyways dear!

2 more days until Rafa in clear jade!

MariaV
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Raf will do fine, whatever his draw, if he manages to keep his IW-form, I think! :yeah:

Yes, that's the spirit Karin! :yeah: VAMOS! :banana: :yippee: :bigclap:

kandygram
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Rafa will play Ricardo Mello in the 2nd rd and it will be on Friday as the bottom half 1st rd was/is today.
Seems there won't be any coverage before Saturday.

Rain is predicted for the next few days in Miami. The schedule may change (in our favor).:umbrella:

MixY
03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Let's join this thread & keep up with the schedule... Cheering for our Rafa in Miami! Vamos,Rafa! You're the man!!! :) :D

Tnn74
03-24-2007, 12:46 AM
:bigclap:YESSSSSS!!!!! Rafa def. Mello! 7-6 [7], 6-2

He advances to the 3rd Round!

VAMOS RAFA!!!!! :woohoo:

NicoFan
03-24-2007, 02:15 AM
RAFA scared me in the first set. :scared:

Since I couldn't see him ... :sad: ... I can't tell how he played but obviously in teh 2nd set he started to kick a*s!!! :fiery: :rocker:

MaryWalsh
03-24-2007, 02:24 AM
wish I could have watched more than the scoreboard so I could see how he was playing. It is crazy not to be able to see theses matches. Anyway, glad Rafa is through, and in straights again.

Sunset of Age
03-24-2007, 02:28 AM
So, at least I'm not the only one around here who can't see the matches...

Glad he has won. If only I could find out if he indeed played well (that first set makes me a bit anxious...) or that his opponent choked in the second.
I gather it's the first option. :cool:

Tnn74
03-24-2007, 06:34 AM
I have to agree with everyone about not being able to watch the match...

watching the scoreboard move made me nervous... geez, the anticipation :unsure:

but as always, our sweet Rafa did it again :inlove:

thankfully now some of us could watch him play on the Tennis Channel :bigclap:

nevermind
03-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Hello Mallorn , I know you post the transcripts but
I just find this 1 :

March 21, 2007
Rafael Nadal
KEY BISCAYNE, FLORIDA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can you tell us how nice it is to win a title again after quite a long time?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, to win a title always is very nice, but I won a Masters title, so that is special.

Q. A lot of people were very surprised that it was eight months since the previous one. What's the reason for that do you think?
RAFAEL NADAL: As I say, every tournament I win, people ask me, it was some months without title. That's true, no? But, well, I was in quarterfinals US Open, quarterfinals in Australia, and semifinals in Shanghai. I wasn't win, but I am there all the time, just trying, trying, trying, and that is what I feel.
Last week I feel very, very well that finally I can win.

Q. Has it always been a question of fitness, of physically being fit? Has that also been a factor in this? You had the injury in Australia.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it is important always not have injuries. That's very, very important, but after that, I am fine all the way.

Q. When I last spoke to you, you talked about hitting the ball from further up the court and serving a little harder. Do you feel you are adding to your game?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I always try and improve, no? I am very young. I just try to look forward. That's very important for me, and I am trying to play a little more aggressive, especially on this court.
Last week I was feeling very well and I can play a little bit more aggressive with the serve, with the forehand especially. So that's it. No, I always try improve, but the reason sometimes you feel better, you feel worse some weeks.

Q. In other sports they talk about momentum can help you. Coming off the win at Indian Wells, can momentum carry into this week, as well?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I'm going to try my best here. Every week is different. For sure is important winning in Indian Wells for play with a little bit more crowd. Arrive into the season without the same pression, so right now is important for me have a good result here or try to have a good result here.
It's important because I am coming with confidence. That's the most important thing to going and play very well.

Q. You had the fantastic match with Roger here. Was it two years ago when you --
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, two.

Q. You were up in the final set?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I was winning two sets to Love, and finally he beat me the third set, and after he beat me 6-2, 6-3, or 6-3, 6-3.

Q. What do you remember about your play that day, and how different are you now compared to then?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I have two more years. At that moment I was the No. 25 in the world. Right now I have three years in the No. 2, play more matches, better experience.
For sure I am a better player right now. At that moment I was playing very, very well, but for sure I am better player right now. That's sure.

Q. Are you playing golf these days?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no more golf.

End of FastScripts

Tnn74
03-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Good Luck tomorrow Rafa vs. Rochus! :bigclap:
I will be watching!!!

nevermind
03-25-2007, 08:43 AM
March 23, 2007

Rafael Nadal

KEY BISCAYNE, FLORIDA

Q. When the tiebreak gets very close to the end, is it difficult to play your game without being too careful?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the thing today, the thing today is the wind. It's very difficult to play on court today, a lot of wind. And the wind change all the time. It's not always in the same way.
So was very, very difficult for me. Well, always difficult in every match in every tournament. I was arriving here with big confidence after playing very good tennis at Indian Wells.
But, well, it was a tough match and he was playing very well. He was defending very well all the time. So important for having for the victory, no?

Q. When it's set point against you in a tiebreak, what is your mentality?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I was thinking I was having a difficult -- well, I have different set point down, I think. The toughest one was when he was serving in the advantage plays with the wind in his favor.
Well, even if in his favor he play the outside serve, so it's always his favorite serve. I was thinking I have a difficult moment if I win the set. But I have a little luck in there. I touch the net. The call was in, and he missed the shot.
After that I played not bad point and good serve. That's it.

Q. Indian Wells, the air is very thin and the ball seems to fly a great deal. Here do you find that the ball stays in the court more easily?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the ball doesn't take the same spin like in Indian Wells. But it's difficult to measure here today because with the wind it was tough. But after I feel better in the second set.
But I was touching very well the ball. I have a lot of problems with the wind. I all the time I don't touch the ball in the place. Well, when I was placed for touch the ball, always the ball go into the place or go into my body, so it was very difficult.

Q. The players' meeting Tuesday was not very simpatico. Since then, in the last three days, have you had a chance to talk with Etienne? Are things going to be better?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I don't have the chance. I don't have any chance.

Q. Do you want to meet with him to try to smooth things out?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, for sure we want to speak with him, no? Because we send him a letter with different points. I don't know, but 70 percent of the players are agree with that, and a lot of top players do, too. So yeah, we need to speak with him.

Q. Will it distract you in your tennis if you try to meet with him during the tournament?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, for sure not. I am focused on the tournament, and if I -- for example, tomorrow day off, so it's not a problem to speak with him.
End of FastScripts

eems like the wind conditions give Rafa a hard time ,
probably on his top spin I guess .. ?

Tnn74
03-25-2007, 09:55 AM
:confused: What is this they are talking about that went on at the Players' meeting...?

why does he have to "smooth things out...?"

kandygram
03-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Tnn74 article about meeting here: Nadal, Robredo Slam ATP Schedule Plans.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=34482&page=69

From Nevermind above:
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, for sure we want to speak with him, no? Because we send him a letter with different points. I don't know, but 70 percent of the players are agree with that, and a lot of top players do, too. So yeah, we need to speak with him.

With that many players opposed to it, I don't think he will be able to carry out that plan. He can't have world number 2 that upset with him.:devil:

MaryWalsh
03-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Good luck with everything today, Rafa, including the weather!

veyonce
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
AFP
Nadal advances after injury fells Rochus
Sunday, March 25, 2007 23:17 IST

MIAMI: Rafael Nadal moved into the fourth round of the 6.9 million-dollar WTA and ATP Masters Series hardcourt event here on Sunday after his opponent Olivier Rochus withdrew with a foot injury.

Nadal, whose first title since Roland Garros came last week at Indian Wells, won by a walkover. He will next face the winner of a later match between Russian Mikhail Youzhny and Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro.

Nadal was the first man to reach the fourth round but two other high seeds, number four Nikolay Davydenko of Russia and number six Tommy Robredo of Spain, advanced as well with straight-set triumphs.

Robredo defeated American Kevin Kim 6-2, 6-4 while Davydenko beat Germany's Simon Greul 6-4, 6-0.

On the women's side, Belgian fourth seed Kim Clijsters booked a fourth-round date with China's Li Na by defeating Australian Samantha Stosur 6-4, 6-2.

Li advanced with a 6-0, 6-1 romp over Slovenia's Katarina Srebotnik.

Russians Nadia Safina and Dinara Safina booked a fourth-round matchup as well. Sixth seed Petrova beat comaptriot Ekaterina Byvhkova 6-1, 6-1 while Safina, the younger sister of ATP star Marat Safin, ousted Japan's Ai Sugiyama 6-4, 3-6, 6-1.

Tnn74
03-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanx candygram :)

Yayyy! Congrats Rafa!!! :woohoo:
a chance to maybe revenge the lost against Youzhny in the 4th round...

and congrats to Tommy too! Vamos!

Vamos Rafa#1
03-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Rafa will play Juan Martin Del Potro next!

good luck!

Tnn74
03-26-2007, 05:13 AM
JMDP played well against Youzhny today...

But our sweet Rafa will advance to the QF!!! :bigclap:

Xristos
03-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Tnn are you asian? Whats ur msn?

Tess Gray
03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Tnn74 article about meeting here: Nadal, Robredo Slam ATP Schedule Plans.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=34482&page=69

From Nevermind above:

With that many players opposed to it, I don't think he will be able to carry out that plan. He can't have world number 2 that upset with him.:devil:

I didn't really understand what is going on. Who is upset with who and why?

MaryWalsh
03-27-2007, 12:33 AM
TessJuh there is a thread called "some players walk out of ATP meeting" or something like that.

Tomorrow, Del Potro! You can do it Rafa! Play your game!

the_natural
03-28-2007, 01:55 AM
TNN, in response to your quote, Rafa would have had the exact same stats as borg were it not for roger federer, which is amazing since borg won his first few wimbledon titles against guys who werent 7+ times grandslam champs.

I wish Rafa best of luck, i think he can beat Del potro, he will be a bit loose though, he will come through cos I dont think del potro is yet capable of such a match and i dont think he can blast rafa completley off the court, but if rafa plays a clean match maybe 2 sets with a breaker (morelikely to be 3 cos of the off day). Im worried about the Semis, Roddick is more focussed now and hes learned from Indian Wells, I think that would be a three setter and im worried if Rafa can keep it together mentally and realise roddick is not good at breaking serve (3rd lowest in points won wen returning, out of 86 players, some 14% of poitns won in all matches). Murray though, that one... murray can break rafa and he can do it consistently, hes a far better player now than at the australian in all departments, and he will be lookin for revenge too, if rafa doesnt play tight like he did against Novak and Andy at Indian Wells, he will really have a tough time staying in the match, and would have to hope that Murray and Andy wear each other down. I just hope Rafa is 110%focussed as he was at IW, this is his chance to capitalise again and close in on that number 1 ranking hes gotta fight hard and dictate and not be afraid, like at IW.

Xristos
03-28-2007, 03:15 AM
how long until rafas match starts?

Vamos Rafa#1
03-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Rafa won 6-0 6-4 :woohoo:

Keep going Rafa, the title is definitely yours for the taking! :bounce:

MaryWalsh
03-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Yay Rafa! Get some rest. Big night tomorrow night!

zwanne
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
i really really love the green rafa is wearing @ miami :)

tangerine_dream
03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I have to say that all those "Who will roast Rafa..." threads in GM are probably the best jinx threads I've ever seen. Some Fedtard asks "Who will roast Rafa?" and then Roger loses. Priceless. :haha:

I'm looking forward to watching the Del Potro/Nadal match highlights (hopefully on YouTube? or downloadable file)

mallorn
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
^^ They were extremely confident that Rafa would keep losing on hard and wanted to have their fun before the clay season. :rolleyes: They had been getting really nasty since Wimbledon so I love how it came to bite them in the ass. :lol:

I'd love to see the JMDP match, I haven't even seen one point. :sad: Hopefully someone will post highlights or a torrent. I heard the set point was incredible.

Rafa's presser after del Potro. It's very short. :(
March 27, 2007

Rafael Nadal

KEY BISCAYNE, FLORIDA

Q. I would like to know if you are happy with your game from the beginning of the tournament.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I was arriving here with very good confidence, playing my best tennis from Indian Wells, and today the first match was difficult.
I won the second match. Today, I played very, very good today, especially in the first set. So I am very happy for the victory and for play good tennis today.

Q. What do you think about the performance of Cañas? Will you be able to beat him two times in a row like you did last year?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, big surprise for everybody, I think. But he was playing very well, all the time believing in the victory, so that's very important.
I don't see the match all the time, but Federer had a big chance in the third with break up and two or three balls for second break. So after that the match change a little bit, was close, so anything can happen after, no?

Q. About the Davis Cup, you didn't seem to have an injury today, so why did you choose to withdraw from the Davis Cup?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, for me is the -- it's better if I answer that question in Espanol. I'm very disappointed about not being able to play Davis Cup. Obviously I feel like I'm playing really well, especially in this last month I'm playing my best tennis.
I have been playing with some pain in my foot. Although I've been playing very well, I'm playing with some pain in my foot. I practiced in Mallorca a week before Dubai. I had a small injury in my foot and I've been playing with some pain since then.
Two years ago I was injured in Madrid for four months, and like this I am feeling a little bit of pain all the time from one month ago. So while I am trying to finish these two tournaments in Miami and come back to Spain and have some rest for my foot.
I have to rest right now because I feel pain. I was disappointed for can't play Davis Cup, but I was speaking with the captain, and if I don't feel 100 percent he and me prefer to not be in the team because they must have a lot of good players. And if they feel better than me, so they can win without me, no?
So it's not the same playing for your country than for myself. For sure play Davis Cup is very special feelings. I can't have the same feelings like Davis Cup in no one tournament, no one singles tournament. So it's not easy to not play the Davis Cup.
But I was always with the team in every confrontation, every year, every match. So this time is the first time when I can't go to Davis Cup so I will support my team from Mallorca, no? So I hope they win and try to go to the semifinals.

Q. Can you talk about Juan Martin? What did you think about him? Do you know his game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I know him from a very long time ago. He is a very young player. He has very good two wins against Baghdatis and Youzhny so he is playing very well. He has a very good future for sure.
He's very tall. He can serve a little bit better. That's it, he going to be one of the best.

Q. And one word about the set point in the first?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it was nice pass and short, a little bit difficult for me.

End of FastScripts

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=42144

mallorn
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the Del Potro/Nadal match highlights (hopefully on YouTube? or downloadable file)
Rafa - del Potro highlights:
http://6.upload.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/nadal%2B%22del%2Bpotro%22/video/x1ka6c_nadaldelpotro27-03-07-miami

The set point was indeed incredible. :eek: :yippee:

Thanks to Lovely on vb.com who told me about this site.

Grofica
03-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Nadal is playing against Novak tonight !! I like them both very much, but since Novak is mine copatriot I will cheer for him tonight :) In case Rafa wins I will be happy, too, and in that case I am hoping he will win title :wavey:

MariaV
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks for posting Ania. :kiss:
I'm just back from theater and try to get some sleep, hopefully I'll get up for Rafa vs Djoker. VAMOS Rafa! :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap:

cmurray
03-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Did you like that expression on Rafa's face after he made that set point? Priceless. And the point was just :worship:

Rafa's tennis is beautiful when he's playing well.

Vamos Rafa#1
03-29-2007, 03:56 AM
oh no Rafa lost 36 46 :sad:
he had bps to level it at 5-5 in 2nd:sad:

Alexandy
03-29-2007, 04:32 AM
There are no words for how disappointed I am. :(

SLICK
03-29-2007, 05:05 AM
http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2533

Rafa is a good sport

CaliGal
03-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Raaaaaaaaaafa Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Ti-Anne
03-29-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm like you all, I feel very disappointed too, but I was somewhat expecting it. It's obvious Djokovic had the stress of the final in IW, but yesterday he had nothing to lose... Moreover during the IW final, at times when Rafa felt less confident, Djokovic saw he could manage him, that's why I felt no surprise when I knew he'd lost last night...:sad:

atheneglaukopis
03-29-2007, 08:24 AM
It was a good fight, Rafa. It was very well fought.

MariaV
03-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Very disappointing indeed. :) :sad:
The presser transcript won't be up until tomorrow again so here what we have so far:
Nadal: "The big difference is I wasn't playing the same like the final at Indian Wells. But he has less mistakes. I had my chance in the first set when I come back and I don't make the break, but then he break me, so that's for me very, very important moment."

On the coming clay season: "It's going to be very, very hard for me [to achieve similar results as the past two years]. So just try to arrive in Monte Carlo, the same like every year. Try to have a good result and to play my best tennis and that's it. If I find my best tennis, I'm going to have a chance to have a good clay season; if not, I don't have a good clay season."

And this is kinda funny.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/29/a1c_sony_0329.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Nadal is bounced; Serena chugs on

By Jason Lieser
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Thursday, March 29, 2007

KEY BISCAYNE — Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal both threw their gear into the stands after Wednesday's quarterfinals match, but for entirely different reasons.

Djokovic outlasted Nadal in a thrilling 10th game of the second set to win 6-3, 6-4 and advance to Friday's semifinal against Andy Murray.

Knowing Nadal's pedigree as the No. 2 player in the world, Djokovic sweated out each point toward the end of the match.

"He was really fighting for the ball," Djokovic said, "running from one to the other end of the court. I just couldn't believe that I did it."

With the win, Djokovic avenged his defeat at Nadal's hands this month in the Indian Wells final. A day after No. 1 Roger Federer was upset by Guillermo Canas, there are only three top-10 players left in the tournament.

"The world is not just Federer and me," Nadal said. "There's a lot of good players in the world. This year's going to be very difficult for everyone."

Djokovic joked that the press is tired of reporting on Federer victories anyway. :shrug: :lol:

P.S. And seems like Andy Roddick won't play the DC tie vs Spain either. He hurt his hamstring and had to retire vs Murray.

Castafiore
03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Disappointing on the one side but I hear that he's been fighting until the end (there's nothing more frustrating for me than to watch a player give up) but he was simply facing a strong Novak at the other end of the net. It happens. I like Novak so I'm happy for him.

Andy Roddick is out too? Tangerine Dream can't be too happy about that (bit of an understatement). Tangy! :hug:

cc2monac
03-29-2007, 10:07 AM
so sad for him...I guess there is no words no express what I'm feeling right now...

Invisible
03-29-2007, 10:45 AM
It's not definite that Roddick is out for Davis Cup. He had an MRI done and his hamstring is not torn. Patrick said that they will know within a few days whether he will be able to play or not. Just my prediction but I think he will be fine to play.

the_natural
03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
I think this just proves that Rafa still cant beat guys when they are blastin him off the court, the way he had been playing the last two weeks, that woulda been enough to stop djokovic but rafa goes into his shell when someone is firing on all cylinders, And it sounds like he wasnt serving very efficiently either, 2 breaks in a row after saving a break, thats not the rafael nadal of the last 2-3 weeks, he got a bit shell shocked by the free swingin, thisll make things complicated against Blake and probably berdych and youzny should he meet them again on fast surfaces this year.

Agassi Fan
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
oh no Rafa lost 36 46 :sad:
he had bps to level it at 5-5 in 2nd:sad:

:sad:

MaryWalsh
03-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm proud of Rafa, the way he fought fought fought to the end. Those last deuces and breaks going both ways were well fought on both sides. He did great in IW and very well in Miami.

There are some other very talented players emerging on the scene, Novak is definitely one of them. Also Murray, Del Potro soon, and Canas is back in force. Quite an exciting time for tennis.

We know Rafa will always give the best effort he possibly can.

Go Rafa! Always a champion, win or lose.

MariaV
03-29-2007, 07:21 PM
OK, here's the presser.
March 28, 2007

Rafael Nadal
KEY BISCAYNE, FLORIDA

Q. A match like that, what can you say about it? I mean, you beat him just two weeks ago at the final at Indian Wells. Today what was the difference?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the big difference is I wasn't playing the same like the final at Indian Wells. But he has less mistakes. So well, I had my chance in the first set when I come back and I don't make the break, but then he break me, so that's for me very, very important moment, no? Because if I continue improving that in the match in this set, in the first set, I'm going to have a good chance, no? Because mentally it's important when you come back a break the next game. So it was a very important moment.

Q. Do you think your level was as good as the final of Indian Wells? RAFAEL NADAL: What?

Q. Do you think your playing level, your standards was as high as when you played in the final of Indian Wells?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I said to you before. Yeah, but sure, no? But he played very good. He is a very good player, so congratulate him. That's it, no? Trying to continue to improve into one of the top players.

Q. How does your foot feel?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I am fine, no? Not the day for say something about the foot, no? When you lose always you can say well, now I have pain. I say it before last days I have some pain in the foot, but I won Indian Wells with the same pain, no? So that's not an excuse for the lose of today.
:( :( :scared: :unsure: I don't like this pain
Q. What are your plans now?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, go back to Mallorca. It is a good plan. (Laughing)

Q. You have dominated the play circuit in Europe, you know, tremendously, and at this point going back for really like a third year of playing so well, is it -- what is left for you to do there? Is it your attitude that gee, I just have to do this again or is it brand-new all over?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, if I think I have to do the same again another year, so it's going to be very, very hard for me similar to that, no? So just try to arrive in Monte Carlo, the same like every year. Try to have a good result and to play my best tennis and that's it. If I find my best tennis, I'm going to have a chance for have a good clay season; if not, I don't have a good clay season.
But that's the thing. I just try to play my best while in this two tournaments. I was changing a lot of things because I play a lot of -- so much better. So I'm very happy for that. That's important for come to Europe with difference confidence, no?
So you don't know what's going to happen right now, but is different, arrive to places like this with one little title, Master Series title, and one quarterfinals here, and no one title. So that's important.
I'm going to try my best and try to have a good result. I know it's very, very difficult. I don't know that it's impossible, but very, very difficult. The same like last year, and the last two years, but just try to have good places.

Q. The improvement that you made in your hard court game in the last few weeks, can you take it with you, even though you won't be playing on hard court for several months now? Can you pick up with this improved play where you left off in July?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it will be late improved, because right now we're going to clay, so.... I don't know if I improved, but for sure, I am trying always to play good every week, trying my best every week.
The truth is I wasn't win for eight months before this, before last week. But I was all the time in quarterfinals, semifinals, and sometimes just trying to find my best game. For the last month I can't play my best tennis, so that's bad because when you are going on court, you go with not the same confidence, but I always try my best and that's important because I feel bad that I arrived to quarterfinals a lot of times. So that's good, no?

Q. He served a lot on your backhand tonight. Do you think it was the biggest problem for you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, no, no, no. Not the biggest problem. Biggest problem is my backhand was not working very well. The problem is not his serve, but my backhand. The problem is my backhand is not working very, very well.
But now for sure I'll think about the match, not right now, but tomorrow you'll think about that. You know that for tennis match you need to play little bit longer the ball with the backhand. Try to have less mistakes, move a little bit more legs in the backhand, so that's important. If you don't feel very well with the backhand, you have more mistakes with the forehand, too.

Q. This time last year you and Roger were so dominant, winning all the Masters Series tournaments. This year it's a little bit different. Do you feel the pressure from people like Djokovic and Murray and some of the others coming up?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it's the second Master Series of the season. First one I won. So the second one, I don't know if I'm going to win, but the world is not just Federer and me. So for sure there's a lot of good players.
The young players are coming very well. Right now Djokovic and Murray are going to be 3 and 4 in the race. But that's it, no? So this year's going to be very difficult for everyone, because I think a lot of new players are coming very well. That's it. Thank you.

End of FastScripts

Morrissey
03-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm like you all, I feel very disappointed too, but I was somewhat expecting it. It's obvious Djokovic had the stress of the final in IW, but yesterday he had nothing to lose... Moreover during the IW final, at times when Rafa felt less confident, Djokovic saw he could manage him, that's why I felt no surprise when I knew he'd lost last night...:sad:

Yeah, I hear you. Last night Djokovic played it like it was a QF and not a Final. He had a small crowd in the evening and just played balls to the wall from beginning to end. In a bigger match he would be making errors all over the place. He was literally going for broke. Nadal started off good and on the baseline but he had trouble holding serve and he regressed behind the baseline as is on clay again. It seems when he's confident, he's aggressive and on the baseline hitting harder. But when he's senses trouble he stays too far behind and tries to defend the court hoping to weather the storm. Last night Djokovic was determind to prove a point. Unfortunately he did. :eek:

I'm so disappointed he lost (especially to that arrogant Joker jerk :mad: ) because if he had won he would surely hold up the Miami trophy. He wanted to win this and I could tell from the way he was trying to come back in the match. He had too much pride to lay down to the Joker. Fed was gone and he had a clear road to the title. I know one thing, I hope Murray takes that loser down. I can't stand that arrogant guy, he looks like Screech. Anyway, let's meet again on clay and we'll smoke him again. Now comes the most important time of year for Rafa and he needs to shine again. The only guy I can't stand more is Berdych. But now is time for revenge on the red dirt. Go Rafa!

Alexandy
03-30-2007, 05:06 AM
a few days of his ass on ice

:lol:

Okay. So now that I'm not so bitter and my parents have taken me off of suicide watch, I can realize that losing this match can be seen as a positive for Rafa. Yes, it would have been nice to win back to back Master Series events but if Rafa already has pain in his foot this extra rest before the clay season will be beneficial. Plus, Fed has plans for world domination and Rafa is the only one who can stop him. So I want Rafa 100% healthy and rested so that he can thwart Fed's not evil just greedy plans. :devil: I love Fed and root for him on other surfaces, but I want him to leave the clay alone. It's Rafa's turf. :armed: :lol: