do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others?

Via
03-15-2007, 12:00 AM
instead of a few of us debating over it on every thread... why don't we just cast our votes and, if you like, give your opinion here?

the poll will be anonymous so no one is pressured to say one way or another, regardless of what i think, or what kezzi thinks, or anyone else! :p

ok let's go..........

mejustme
03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
I was a ball boy at the French Open and in oter tournaments where Arnaud was.
He was horrible, I hear many insults for nothing.
He already had problems with the French Open ball boys' boss.

higherlaw
03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
great idea, Via, thanks!:cool:

c'est dommage, mejustme!! thanks so much for posting your experiences with Arnaud, it's very interesting. :)

Via
03-16-2007, 11:55 PM

what sort of insults did you hear from him, if i may ask? i can imagine it being worse than what's done in english lol... but i don't want to guess :p

and did he ever apologise to you or your mates, like i hear that he does sometimes?

and what sort of problems did he have with the ball boy boss? surely if arnaud wants to apologise to anyone, he will apologise to the boss first........

anyway i hope you and your mates by seeing how unpopular he has made himself with his poor behaviour, will never try to copy him when you are playing ;)

mejustme
03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
He didn't really apologize...
Out of the court he is not at all like he is on the court.
He really thinks that ball boys are like his dogs,and that in all tournaments.
The insults that he said were no very nice, he said "tu serres ŗ rien, tu es nul ŗ chier" to another ball boys because he hasn't his towel.

Marine
03-18-2007, 05:15 PM
The insults that he said were no very nice, he said "tu serres ŗ rien, tu es nul ŗ chier" to another ball boys because he hasn't his towel.

Oh lŗ Áa craint. C'est vraiment prendre les autres pour de la m...... . Et dire qu'il a aussi ťtť ramasseur de balle !!!
Question: Does he have the same behaviour with the ball girls ?
He should get penalties for saying that, it's much worse that to insult the umpire or to throw his racket.

Truc
03-18-2007, 07:55 PM
You're very right about the warnings and the fines. Was he ever fined for being rude to the ballkids?
Even if he says this kind of things when the chair umpire can't hear him, aren't the other officials supposed to report verbal abuses according to the rules?

Via
03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Out of the court he is not at all like he is on the court.
He really thinks that ball boys are like his dogs,and that in all tournaments.
The insults that he said were no very nice, he said "tu serres à rien, tu es nul à chier" to another ball boys because he hasn't his towel.

that sounds like something very rude... but i'll check with my french teacher..... not! lol :o

yes he would definitely cop some penalty if he said the same to an umpire, so... perhaps that's why the kids copped it instead, from him :rolleyes: yeah that's why i keep saying that it's worse than insulting the umpire, not because i think kids are sweet innocent nothings that need to be protected, but because on a tennis court they do not have the power to fight back. anyone ever saw a ball kid refuses to take instructions??? being rude to players and officials?? lol they'll be ordered out of the court right away. it really is so low of him.... and to have made a reputation of consistently doing it too :fiery:

(it's sad that tennis stars because of their status and crowd pulling attraction, can be allowed to get away with so much more than us mortals. i appreciate those who do not try to take advantage of their power, but unfortunately there are some who do.)

anyway i'd better stop wasting my time again with my ramblings... until tomorrow :p

TMJordan
03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
He is very arogant but that why I love him :p

Hangdog
03-19-2007, 09:44 PM
anyway i'd better stop wasting my time again with my ramblings...
May I continue this mission? :o

When I noticed this threadís title for the first time I have been rather surprised and not glad to see such thing at all. But after learning the objective of its creation I thought that, true, itís much better to have a soul thread for discussions on this topic rather than debate over it again and again around the whole Forum. And if I were a moderator of this board Iíd even move the rest of the certain posts from other threads in here because frankly I was quite annoyed and fed up going through Indian Wells discussion and seeÖ nothing pleasant actually. But thanks everyone whoís explained their opinions over there, I got a lot of new facts :worship:

So thank you a lot, Via, for creating this thread and the poll! It still looks a bit unusual for me but I think Iíll get used to it soon. I guess this is the only Forum on this huge message board which has a thread to discuss, roughly speaking, how bad our boy can be and how much we hate him sometimes lol :devil: And after all, now there is at least one endless topic which can be discussed forever.

As you me, I think Iíve got my own opinion on this subject and now whatever bad I hear about Arnaudís behaviour it wonít change it so much, unless I see some especially rude actions with my own eyes. And what I think is the next. Firstly, Arnaud is a tennis player and tennis is a mental game where a lot depends on psychology too. Iím not going to defend anyone but Arnaud is not only and not even the worst example, thatís a fact. Then of course itís not so nice to go to some tournament and support a guy who behaves himself like higher mentioned examples say :rolleyes: But first of all itís a problem and a big bug of Arnaud himself, we all know normally he is not supposed to win matches being in such mood Ė and those losses touch him much more than us as I may suppose. And if he gives his excuses sometimes then he realizes that he shouldnít behave himself that way Ė and you know often itís not easy at all to approach a person you insulted and admit you were wrong. Finally, poor behaviour is the worst thing Iíve even heard about Arnaud, if itís his worst habit, you know, itís possible to live and handle with itÖ

So the only thing I want to say Ė and I guess Iíd better indeed say it in one phrase and not wrote compositions here :rolleyes: :tape: Ė is that I can somehow understand Arnaud (e.g. Iím absolutely not sure that if I were a tennis player I would be a nice and sweet one like Grosjean) and get him the way he is.

Je regrette beaucoup ce qui síest passť avec toi! :sad: But well, at least it was a great example of how a tennis player shouldnít behave himself.
Et dire qu'il a aussi ťtť ramasseur de balle !!!

Oui, c'est incroyable... Ou peut-Ítre cíest lŗ que se situe le problŤme et oý gÓt le liŤvre? Une vengeance? lol :scratch:
anyone ever saw a ball kid refuses to take instructions??? being rude to players and officials?? lol
Hmmm, maybe Arnaud should meet some nervous ball boy one day, what do you think? ;) lol

Via
03-19-2007, 10:23 PM
May I continue this mission? :o

When I noticed this thread’s title for the first time I have been rather surprised and not glad to see such thing at all. But after learning the objective of its creation I thought that, true, it’s much better to have a soul thread for discussions on this topic rather than debate over it again and again around the whole Forum. And if I were a moderator of this board I’d even move the rest of the certain posts from other threads in here because frankly I was quite annoyed and fed up going through Indian Wells discussion and see… nothing pleasant actually. But thanks everyone who’s explained their opinions over there, I got a lot of new facts :worship:

So thank you a lot, Via, for creating this thread and the poll! It still looks a bit unusual for me but I think I’ll get used to it soon. I guess this is the only Forum on this huge message board which has a thread to discuss, roughly speaking, how bad our boy can be and how much we hate him sometimes lol :devil: And after all, now there is at least one endless topic which can be discussed forever.

As you me, I think I’ve got my own opinion on this subject and now whatever bad I hear about Arnaud’s behaviour it won’t change it so much, unless I see some especially rude actions with my own eyes. And what I think is the next. Firstly, Arnaud is a tennis player and tennis is a mental game where a lot depends on psychology too. I’m not going to defend anyone but Arnaud is not only and not even the worst example, that’s a fact. Then of course it’s not so nice to go to some tournament and support a guy who behaves himself like higher mentioned examples say :rolleyes: But first of all it’s a problem and a big bug of Arnaud himself, we all know normally he is not supposed to win matches being in such mood – and those losses touch him much more than us as I may suppose. And if he gives his excuses sometimes then he realizes that he shouldn’t behave himself that way – and you know often it’s not easy at all to approach a person you insulted and admit you were wrong. Finally, poor behaviour is the worst thing I’ve even heard about Arnaud, if it’s his worst habit, you know, it’s possible to live and handle with it…

So the only thing I want to say – and I guess I’d better indeed say it in one phrase and not wrote compositions here :rolleyes: :tape: – is that I can somehow understand Arnaud (e.g. I’m absolutely not sure that if I were a tennis player I would be a nice and sweet one like Grosjean) and get him the way he is.

Je regrette beaucoup ce qui s’est passé avec toi! :sad: But well, at least it was a great example of how a tennis player shouldn’t behave himself.

Oui, c'est incroyable... Ou peut-être c’est là que se situe le problème et où gît le lièvre? Une vengeance? lol :scratch:

Hmmm, maybe Arnaud should meet some nervous ball boy one day, what do you think? ;) lol

:lol: are you saying that because arnaud is not as bad as mcenroe & co, then relatively speaking, his rudeness is acceptable?

i can understand too why he's throwing temper tantrums, as it's obvious he's under pressure when playing a match that he has something to lose. i won't try to compare my own behaviour when i'm under pressure... though i don't think i'm the swearing type :devil: but the fact is, most players do not let steam off the helpers on the court. i'd rather watch safin break racquets, it's more fun!

anyway sorry to hear that you have been irritated with reading the indian wells discussion. so now, here's a thread on its own, and no one bored or irritated with the topic needs to come here! though if i read another forum with a thread about arnaud at indian wells, and there wasn't any much else discussed, but 'sorry he's lost !!!! good luck in miami !!!!!!' bla bla......... while glossing over his poor form and poor behaviour, then i would truly be logging off pretty soon :o

the fact is, let's face is, the way arnaud is playing now, it is boring and irritating to watch and to follow :help: at least he was fighting hard, and apparently on better behaviour, when he was down and out of top 100 some time ago. and yes, this must be the only player forum on mtf, where fans like myself are bashing their own player right now :smash: lol

btw, for those who don't know, mcenroe was horrible with umpires, and accused of gamesmanship (holding up matches), but didn't direct his famous temper towards ball kids. and rios argued with umpires but only stared at everybody else. i find all that pretty irritating now, and of course mac was absurd. but shock! horror! there were still limits they wouldn't go to.

Via
03-19-2007, 10:28 PM
He is very arogant but that why I love him :p

great :yeah: might as well admit you love bad boys! to each their own :worship:

Hangdog
03-20-2007, 03:58 AM
:lol: are you saying that because arnaud is not as bad as mcenroe & co, then relatively speaking, his rudeness is acceptable?

i can understand too why he's throwing temper tantrums, as it's obvious he's under pressure when playing a match that he has something to lose. i won't try to compare my own behaviour when i'm under pressure... though i don't think i'm the swearing type :devil: but the fact is, most players do not let steam off the helpers on the court. i'd rather watch safin break racquets, it's more fun!

anyway sorry to hear that you have been irritated with reading the indian wells discussion. so now, here's a thread on its own, and no one bored or irritated with the topic needs to come here! though if i read another forum with a thread about arnaud at indian wells, and there wasn't any much else discussed, but 'sorry he's lost !!!! good luck in miami !!!!!!' bla bla......... while glossing over his poor form and poor behaviour, then i would truly be logging off pretty soon :o

the fact is, let's face is, the way arnaud is playing now, it is boring and irritating to watch and to follow :help: at least he was fighting hard, and apparently on better behaviour, when he was down and out of top 100 some time ago. and yes, this must be the only player forum on mtf, where fans like myself are bashing their own player right now :smash: lol

btw, for those who don't know, mcenroe was horrible with umpires, and accused of gamesmanship (holding up matches), but didn't direct his famous temper towards ball kids. and rios argued with umpires but only stared at everybody else. i find all that pretty irritating now, and of course mac was absurd. but shock! horror! there were still limits they wouldn't go to.

Sorry, but not really. I mentioned that he is not the only one who practises that sort of manners just to underline itís not a unique but a rather often phenomenon is the tennis world.

So Iím also not tend to compare him to someone else. And everybody knows what I think about Safin lol :o Well, ok Iíll add that whatever happens with Arnaud at the moment I still deeply respect him; and that his come back :worship: after dropping out of Top 10 right to the bottom of rankings list to Top 150 is a special story which also could not leave without affect his tennis insight I think. And after all we have no imagination what really happens in his mind and in his personal life so I keep believing Ė maybe too naively though :rolleyes: Ė that if he behaves himself like that then heís most possibly supposed to have a reason for that.

Well, I have to admit that perhaps I was really a little bit bored with the topic. But I guess those are my own troubles so I bring my excuses too. Though as for such ďbla bla blaĒ, I donít offer to put on rose-coloured spectacles and look at Arnaudís performances like that but there should be limits of everything. Donít you think that discussions of this sort may show out some disrespect to an athlete? I havenít heard that anyone once tried to speak Arnaud out all his/her thoughts about his relations to ball kids and other stuff. So why then it would be fine as a subject on a Player Forum? :shrug:

But must say that I havenít seen Arnaud playing since the last yearís DC so almost for a year now. May suppose that all those videos from the Web and all the pictures canít bring all the reality of his game, so maybe thatís just my poor imagination which canít work out how ďboring and irritating it is to watch and to followĒ.

Thanks for explaining the details about McEnroe :yeah: I indeed didnít know the whole thing about him. And also Ė please, donít take me too seriously :hug:

Via
03-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Donít you think that discussions of this sort may show out some disrespect to an athlete? I havenít heard that anyone once tried to speak Arnaud out all his/her thoughts about his relations to ball kids and other stuff. So why then it would be fine as a subject on a Player Forum? :shrug:

i'll respond to your above comment... as for the rest, really, to each her own... like i said, if fans like their boys slightly on the 'arrogant' side, who like to show off 'colours' and 'heat' on the court, while 'respect for young and old' does not mean much to them, lol there's nothing more that i can add.

as for whether discussing arnaud's on-court behaviour is a (dis)respectful subject on a player forum.... well when i get enough bad reps, and perhaps a complaint or two to the forum moderator, then i know it's time for me to stop! :lol: hopefully you aren't wanting to dare me to take this topic to the general forum, because if anyone replies over there, it may just be disastrous as far as arnaud's reputation is concerned..............:bolt:

for now, the votes seem to say that there are more than half of arnaud's fans here who do think it is a problem for him. so i guess it implies the majority wants to see this discussion continues, if only occasionally on this particular thread. if anyone has arnaud's response to these accusations, i'd be the first to want to hear from him!!! :angel:

Hangdog
03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
really, to each her own...

I put my signature here! How boring the world would be if all the people had the same opinions.
hopefully you aren't wanting to dare me to take this topic to the general forum, because if anyone replies over there, it may just be disastrous as far as arnaud's reputation is concerned..............:bolt:

Ouch, God forbid!!

if anyone has arnaud's response to these accusations, i'd be the first to want to hear from him!!! :angel:
Nah, what a pity Iím not going to Moscow next month :devil:

Via
03-21-2007, 10:46 PM
why not going to moscow? if guys like seb and arnaud will still be chosen for this tie... it won't be much longer they will continue to be :shrug:

carofr
03-21-2007, 11:00 PM
arnaud won't go to moscow this year he ll go to vienna

Hangdog
03-25-2007, 07:56 PM
why not going to moscow? if guys like seb and arnaud will still be chosen for this tie... it won't be much longer they will continue to be :shrug:
Yes, I also thought about that, but alasÖ
arnaud won't go to moscow this year he ll go to vienna
Thatís for sure? Then I do enjoy this news, thanks! :) Though Iíd even better prefer him to go to Stockholm the same week, but I suppose itís somehow connected to the fact they share their coach and travel together with Sebastien. And Seb as I remember have been playing in Vienna recent years. Hope they both will get a direct entry there :tape:

carofr
03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
it s not because of seb arnaud told me why he ll go to vienna this year but i don t remember it was in december last year it seems that this year there are several tournaments he s obliged to go to

Via
03-25-2007, 10:47 PM
lol just when i thought irina was onto a bright new theory about schedule changes! :lol: (arnaud taken hostage by seb...)

Marine
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Vienna's less far, and they can attend to a concert :lol:

Kezzi
11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
How could I miss this thread? :scratch: :p
It was started around the period I got my glasses, maybe I wasn't wearing them at the time :lol: (-3.25 on both eyes ;) )
And I guess saying what I voted isn't really necessary, because I think all of you already know ;)

Catchie
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
How could I miss this thread? :scratch: :p
It was started around the period I got my glasses, maybe I wasn't wearing them at the time :lol: (-3.25 on both eyes ;) )
And I guess saying what I voted isn't really necessary, because I think all of you already know ;)

I think my opinion is the same as my sister's...;)

VolandriFan
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I think Arnaud's on court behaviour is rather sexy. ;)

"Ball. PLEASE! Gimme BALL!" :hearts:

esther
01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
i feel hypocritical hating hewitt and roddick for how they act on court, but then still love arnaud despite it. But then i think... hewitt and roddick are dickheads off the court too and arnaud is DEFINITLY not :) no excuse for him comparing ballkids to dogs tho.