OUCH - Indian Wells Tournement Officials diss Roddick [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

OUCH - Indian Wells Tournement Officials diss Roddick

Fumus
03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/RealityRyan/ouch.jpg

I guess we know what they think about Andy and Oliver's respective games....:devil:

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
No they just decided they couldn't hake it with the men anymore so joined up with the ladies, that was always their exit strategy to begin with

Kitty de Sade
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh dear. Thanks for finding that! :lol:

scoobs
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Harsh. I know Roddick's forehand isn't what it once was, but still.... :)

Veronique
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Nevermind

danton
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
With medical advances available to the players you just knew that one day someone desperate enough to win would try it.

Jimnik
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
They have to be politically correct.

No more than 50% of Stadium matches can be ATP.

tangerine_dream
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Renee Rochus. :hearts:

Fumus
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
With medical advances available to the players you just knew that one day someone desperate enough to win would try it.

Didn't that happen before I remember reading about the male tennis player who got a sex change in the 80s and tried to play a womens match. I guess they let him play but he/she lost in straight sets to the women's player that they played against...anyone know what I am talking about?

Kitty de Sade
03-12-2007, 04:07 PM
From Wikipedia.org:

Renée Richards (born Richard Raskind August 19, 1934) is a physician and professional tennis player.

In 1975 she underwent sex reassignment surgery.

In 1976 the United States Tennis Association denied her entrance into the U.S. Open. She challenged the ban, and the New York Supreme Court ruled in her favor in 1977.

Tennis career as Renée Richards

As Renée Richards, she subsequently played from 1977 to 1981, achieving a ranking in the low 20s. [2] She was ranked as high as 20th overall (in February 1979), and her highest ranking at the end of a year was 22nd (in 1977).

Her greatest successes on court were reaching the doubles final at the US Open in 1977, and winning the 35-and-over women's singles. [3] Richards was twice a semi-finalist in mixed doubles (with Ilie Nastase) at the U.S. Open.

Coaching

She later coached Martina Navratilova to two Wimbledon wins.

Fumus
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
From Wikipedia.org:

Renée Richards (born Richard Raskind August 19, 1934) is a physician and professional tennis player.

In 1976 the United States Tennis Association denied her entrance into the U.S. Open. She challenged the ban, and the New York Supreme Court ruled in her favor in 1977.

As Renée Richards, she subsequently played from 1977 to 1981, achieving a ranking in the low 20s. [2] She was ranked as high as 20th overall (in February 1979), and her highest ranking at the end of a year was 22nd (in 1977).

Her greatest successes on court were reaching the doubles final at the US Open in 1977, and winning the 35-and-over women's singles. [3] Richards was twice a semi-finalist in mixed doubles (with Ilie Nastase) at the U.S. Open.

Coaching

WOW! That's amazing, I can just imagine if something like this happened today. It wouldn't even be close, the number 300 ranked man would rise quickly to the number 1 on the womens rankings...domination worse than anything imaginable.

danton
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
From Wikipedia.org:

Coaching

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not sure I agree - there maybe less testosterone but the way muscles are set up etc must stay the same? Says something that in her 40's she was ranked low 20's

danton
03-12-2007, 04:11 PM
PS thanks for digging the info out - amazing

Saumon
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
you play Feli once and they believe you're a woman :sobbing:

Kitty de Sade
03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
You're totally welcome.

Fumus, I agree with you about total domination if something like that ever happened again. Look what else I dug up-

Kaarsten Braasch? Who's he? Tennis player from Germany, now retired from playing on the circuit. Known for four things.

# In 1998, he was lounging around at the Australian Open. Williams sisters, then on the up-and-up and full of immense self-belief, announced to anyone in earshot that they believed they were good enough to beat the 200th-ranked player on the men's tour in a practice match. Braasch was within earshot (perhaps smoking his 7th of the day). He was then ranked 203. He volunteered, then went off to train, Braasch style: some golf, some shandies.

Then he played Serena, beat her 6-1. Venus immediately after, beat her 6-2.

I remember reading that he was a CHAIN SMOKER as well! :eek:

Fumus
03-12-2007, 04:27 PM
You're totally welcome.

Fumus, I agree with you about total domination if something like that ever happened again. Look what else I dug up-

Kaarsten Braasch? Who's he? Tennis player from Germany, now retired from playing on the circuit. Known for four things.

# In 1998, he was lounging around at the Australian Open. Williams sisters, then on the up-and-up and full of immense self-belief, announced to anyone in earshot that they believed they were good enough to beat the 200th-ranked player on the men's tour in a practice match. Braasch was within earshot (perhaps smoking his 7th of the day). He was then ranked 203. He volunteered, then went off to train, Braasch style: some golf, some shandies.

The chain smoking German, yep I remember all about this. It's gone down in infamy, some question whether it really happened but I think it did. The Williams are arrogant enough to do something like that. Yea, I think in the 70s and 80s there was less of a gap although there certainly still was one, I mean with the battle of the sexes being play then and all. I just think in todays power game things are immensely different. Men hit the ball harder and move better/faster than the women do, in S&V finesse days of tennis a good set of hands and determination was worth alot more than the power and movement of today. Alas, yes, if a sex change of this type occurred today the results would be much different.

Merton
03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
So do they expect more than 10 breaks of serve?

Xristos
03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Its ok. Nando v Rafa will be more of an exiting match.

boughtmypoints
03-12-2007, 06:12 PM
The chain smoking German, yep I remember all about this. It's gone down in infamy, some question whether it really happened but I think it did.

It happened. But the kicker to the story was that after they got their butts kicked, the girls then said " let's try playing a Top 300 player and Karsten mentioned that his points were falling off and he would be ranked in the 300's the following week!

Karsten is still very much on the tour, now coaching. Still smoking.

As for Renee Richards, her success as a 40 something did show up the women's tour for its then well known lack of depth; it was also the era of moonballing rather than powerball.

goodwoman
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
So do they expect more than 10 breaks of serve?

:haha:

jazar
03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
rochus and roddick should turn out wearing skirts

brujyster
03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Can´t wait for them exchanging kissies at the end of the match.

Fumus
03-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Can´t wait for them exchanging kissies at the end of the match.

How about loud grunting?! MMMUUUAAAA....WWHHHHAAA.....EAAAAHHHHAAA

Lee
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
You're totally welcome.

Yes, I have the misfortune of walking right behind him in a tunnel under the benches of stadium 2 in Indian Wells two days ago. I needed a mask. :tape:

Kitty de Sade
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh dear that must have been unpleasant! Amazing when I hear that kind of thing about professional athletes. I always assumed they needed their full lung capacity without chimney smoke in it?! :p