Does Fed Now Play Hamburg [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Does Fed Now Play Hamburg

JackPumpkinHead
03-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Since he only got one match in at Indian Wells and didnt even play Doha about 800 ranking points have been lost.

Does he now play Hamburg to get some more work on clay and recushin he lead in the points race.

kundalini
03-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Top 8 seeds get a bye in the first round of Hamburg this year (Monte-Carlo too) so expect to see the big guns turn up. If Federer wins Monte Carlo and Rome he might decide to skip Hamburg but otherwise I think you'll see him in action. After all, he doesn't play any of the regular clay events like Barcelona and Roland Garros is clearly a priority for him so he'll need matches to be prepared to battle Nadal on the clay.

Chris Seahorse
03-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I think both Federer and Nadal intended to play it last year and would have done so had their Italian Open final not lasted a grueling 5 hours. But yes as Kundalini points out the likelihood of Federer playing increases due to the 56 player draw being reintroduced this year. One thing for sure however, yesterday's loss will have no bearing at all on the remainder of his year's schedule.

RonE
03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I think both Federer and Nadal intended to play it last year and would have done so had their Italian Open final not lasted a grueling 5 hours. But yes as Kundalini points out the likelihood of Federer playing increases due to the 56 player draw being reintroduced this year. One thing for sure however, yesterday's loss will have no bearing at all on the remainder of his year's schedule.

Exactly. The one factor which will decide on wether he plays Hamburg or not is how deep he goes in Rome and how difficult and draining his matches are there.

There won't be a 5 hour five set final in Rome and one less round to play in Hamburg but if he does end up playing a lot of tennis he might want to skip it again in order not to be too jaded in RG.

Time will tell.

case
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
im not sure federer is putting that much into RG.
Federer isnt the great clay court player.

Sunset of Age
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM

:retard: :help:

Magus13
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Such an idiotic post. Finalist in Monte Carlo, Finalist in Rome, skipped Hamburg, Finalist in Roland Garros. After Nadal who was better on clay last year. Being second best on Clay does not mean you are not that good on clay. Every day you post more dumb shit.

Corey Feldman
03-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I doubt it..
what are we finding it about Federer lately?

he's shit scared of first round matches
he's shit scared of back to back TMS "its too much for me"
umm

RonE
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Yes, 3 TMS titles on clay, 3 other TMS clay final appearances, one RG final appearance, one other semifinal and one other quarterfinal appearance, reached at least the final of every major clay tournament in the world. He clearly sucks on clay :rolleyes:

JackPumpkinHead
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I doubt it..
what are we finding it about Federer lately?

he's shit scared of first round matches
he's shit scared of back to back TMS "its too much for me"
umm

Yeah he is so scared this is his first first round loss in like 3 years

CyBorg
03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
He did pick up a bit of points by winning Dubai.

Fed should stay cool, though. He doesn't have to play Hamburg - he could make up Indian Wells later with a better result in Cincinnati or, if he really feels like it, a successful result at the Paris masters.

Kolya
03-12-2007, 09:10 PM

WTF.

Jimnik
03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
He was always going to play Hamburg.

Allez
03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Has to play Hamburg now. I feel he should skip Rome as Nadal has that one in the bag already. Even if Nadal decides to play Hamburg, which I doubt (unless he doesn't make the final) he may be too tired to beat a well rested Rogi in the final...assuming Canas doesn't take Rogi out :eek: . Fed needs a clay court title to boost his confidence ahead of the French. Competing in the same tournaments as Nadal isn't going to do the trick. He tried that last year and came up short every single time. Time for a different script.

Eden
03-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Has to play Hamburg now. I feel he should skip Rome as Nadal has that one in the bag already. Even if Nadal decides to play Hamburg, which I doubt (unless he doesn't make the final) he may be too tired to beat a well rested Rogi in the final...assuming Canas doesn't take Rogi out :eek: . Fed needs a clay court title to boost his confidence ahead of the French. Competing in the same tournaments as Nadal isn't going to do the trick. He tried that last year and came up short every single time. Time for a different script.

Why should Roger avoid to play against Rafa in a masters on clay? :confused: The real boost for Rogers confidence would be a victory on clay against Rafa :)

No player has a tournament in the bag before it starts. Nadal has to play the same amount of matches as every other player, yet considering his achievements on clay in the last two years he will be going as the ultimate favourite into the tournaments.

Time will tell whether Roger will play in Hamburg. We have to wait what will happen in Monte Carlo and Rome. I would love to see Roger playing in Hamburg - he did well there in the past :)

Burrow
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Robredo will win hamburg and struggle to get his top of when he wins again LMAO

Agassi Aces
03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Federer will play, but his slip up at Indian Wells is a minor setback. Trust me, he will be back at Miami and win it and will probably motivate him even more for the Clay season and his ULTIMATE goal- winning Roland Garros!

DDrago2
03-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Although timing of this tournament is a bit nasty I think he will because his schedule this year is more stripped-down then ever - almost only masters and slams.

Aphex
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
He did pick up a bit of points by winning Dubai.

Fed should stay cool, though. He doesn't have to play Hamburg - he could make up Indian Wells later with a better result in Cincinnati or, if he really feels like it, a successful result at the Paris masters. :lol: As if Fed needs to worry about ranking points at the moment.