Fed: "I think he played very well and I didn't think I was playing poorly at all" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fed: "I think he played very well and I didn't think I was playing poorly at all"

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 08:05 AM
If that doesn't silence the haters and professional makers of excuses, I don't know what will.

Thanks for being a class act Roger :hatoff:

Link: http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/1/news/atp3.asp

Hendu
03-12-2007, 08:07 AM
but he was injured... he had to be... :confused:

I mean he tanked, it couldn't have been any other way....

~EMiLiTA~
03-12-2007, 08:18 AM
good of him to acknowledge the fact that Cañas outplayed him

FanofFederer
03-12-2007, 08:19 AM
he is just being gracious

any fool can see that he was not 100% :)

Allez
03-12-2007, 08:22 AM
At least he is putting a positive spin on all of this. That has to be a good sign for the future. I like that about Rogi. He is so honest & positive. No excuses. No assigning blame to others or the technology. He knows he was simply beaten by a hungrier guy looking to make a name for himself and he is fine with the loss. If he loses Miami in a similar fashion I'll start to worry.

Peoples
Federer embracing the Nadal style fake modesty/graciousness?

"I play my best tennis,no? I no excuses. He just outplay me,no? He always the favorite,no?"

LocoPorElTenis

I will take Federer's own word over what any fool could say :) .

Allure
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Me thinks he's conserving energy for the ''fifth slam.''

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 08:25 AM

"I play my best tennis,no? I no excuses. He just outplay me,no? He always the favorite,no?"

You ran out of arguments (not that you had any to begin with) so you ridicule Rafa which is :topic: and irrelevant . I hope you're enjoying eating your own words of how Fed tanked and was at 10% :haha:

Peoples
03-12-2007, 08:26 AM
You ran out of arguments (not that you had any to begin with) so you ridicule Rafa which is :topic: and irrelevant . I hope you're enjoying eating your own words of how Fed tanked and was at 10% :haha:

Fake modesty. Anyone that knows tennis will say he was not moving well at all out there.

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Fake modesty. Anyone that knows tennis will say he was not moving well at all out there.

After the match Fed went on to play doubles, win, and give full credit to Willy in the press conference. I rest my case.

Allez
03-12-2007, 08:32 AM

:lol: ummm...no Rogi is being completely honest. With Nadal there's always a hint that it's fake. Like, "he outplayed me no ? He deserved to win no ? But I'm not felling 100% on the court, no ? My ass hurts bad no ? Hawkeye cheated me, no ? But I always try my best, no." He always gives you clues as to his real thoughts. ...No ?

Peoples
03-12-2007, 08:39 AM
:lol: ummm...no Rogi is being completely honest. With Nadal there's always a hint that it's fake. Like, "he outplayed me no ? He deserved to win no ? But I'm not felling 100% on the court, no ? My ass hurts bad no ? Hawkeye cheated me, no ? But I always try my best, no." He always gives you clues as to his real thoughts. ...No ?

True, Nadal gives those hidden excuses but Federer is a bit more intelligent, so he can actually learn from the master of fake modesty AND make it look believable ;)

the_natural
03-12-2007, 09:06 AM
True, Nadal gives those hidden excuses but Federer is a bit more intelligent, so he can actually learn from the master of fake modesty AND make it look believable ;)

Amen to that

Kolya
03-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Good sportmanship and respect from Federer.

But he did play poorly to his standards... we all know that.

Bobby
03-12-2007, 10:03 AM

I didn't see the match. Could you tell he had some kind of an injury or was he clearly ill? Anyway, this gives Roger an opportunity to relax at the Indian Wells resort for almost a week! Quite nice actually!

oz_boz
03-12-2007, 10:07 AM
If that doesn't silence the haters and professional makers of excuses, I don't know what will.

When pigs fly :lol:

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 10:08 AM
I didn't see the match. Could you tell he had some kind of an injury or was he clearly ill? Anyway, this gives Roger an opportunity to relax at the Indian Wells resort for almost a week! Quite nice actually!

News at hand.

A blister has now been deemed to be an injury. Federer was so injured, he played doubles later on in the same day.

RonE
03-12-2007, 10:09 AM

Actually no. To do that he would have had to blame hawkeye and call Willy a bad and stupid person.

scoobs
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I think one of the definitions of Tardism is when a fan disregards what their own favourite player says by way of explanation, because it doesn't fit their own pet theory...

bad gambler
03-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Classy as always

Bobby
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
News at hand.

A blister has now been deemed to be an injury. Federer was so injured, he played doubles later on in the same day.

That's very odd.

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
That's very odd.

What?

He got beaten and outplayed and then was able to play doubles? Maybe Federer shold have gone down like Inzaghi and claimed he was injured.

Bobby
03-12-2007, 10:53 AM
What?

He got beaten and outplayed and then was able to play doubles? Maybe Federer shold have gone down like Inzaghi and claimed he was injured.

I'm assuming that the blister was one of the reasons why he was outplayed. If that's the case, why would he make it worse by playing doubles.

Johnny Groove
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Amen to that

wow, what class acts you guys are :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: why dont you go learn a second language at that age and see how difficult it is :rolleyes:

even myself, who took so much glee in this Federer loss, can applaud him for his honesty and integrity in admitted he was merely outplayed and not making some bullshit excuse like some of the clowns and :retard:s around here.

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm assuming that the blister was one of the reasons why he was outplayed. If that's the case, why would he make it worse by playing doubles.

No, he was outplayed and Canas took his chances and Federer said as much.

He isn't looking for excuses, so why should you?

DhammaTiger
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Good on Federer :bigclap: :hatoff: :yeah: for being honest about the match with Willy and giving credit to his opponent. As for all those who still making excuse that Fed was injured., I think the ought to grow up and accept that today Willy :worship: just outplayed Roger.

Bobby
03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
No, he was outplayed and Canas took his chances and Federer said as much.

He isn't looking for excuses, so why should you?

I couldn't care less why Federer lost, or to whom. I was just wondering whether the blister affected his game. I think it's a possibility. But me looking for an excuse for Roger... Well, I'll pass.

Peoples
03-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Did anyone watch the match and say "damn! Federer is not playing poorly at all! He doesn't seem injured!" ?

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Did anyone watch the match and say "damn! Federer is not playing poorly at all! He doesn't seem injured!" ?

Federer played below his normal level. He made too many mistakes and lacked fighting spirit in the second set. Of course, Willy takes some of the credit in that - if you always give your opponent one more deep ball, the ue chances increase. Fed didn't look injured to me. He looked kind of subdued, that's all. Federer is a better player than Cañas, that's obvious, but today Willy was a fair winner, as Fed himself made abundantly clear.

dj_mercury
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Another post match interview, in German: http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/artikel57975

Allstar
03-12-2007, 12:01 PM

Thanks for being a class act Roger :hatoff:

Link: http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/1/news/atp3.asp

Whatever way you look at it and whatever he says Federer hit 43 unforced errors in 2 sets. And they werent partially forced errors, he was missing the most basic shots.

Canas did the clever thing but putting the ball in court but Fed beat himself out there

Peoples
03-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Whatever way you look at it and whatever he says Federer hit 43 unforced errors in 2 sets. And they werent partially forced errors, he was missing the most basic shots.

Canas did the clever thing but putting the ball in court but Fed beat himself out there
Exactly. But the dopetards always watch matches being on the juice so they never notice the obvious :shrug:

Aguante_el_Gato
03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Exactly. But the dopetards always watch matches being on the juice so they never notice the obvious :shrug:about " dopetards": If you know how to read, then go and read the case before speaking (but I doubt that you will do it, because many people have already suggested it to you)
about this match: sometimes it's necessary to bend the head and to close the mouth (still more when mouth is BIG)
about your resentment: with satisfaction I say don't worry in answering, because this has been the last post I read from you.

Aphex
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Federer played below his normal level. He made too many mistakes and lacked fighting spirit in the second set. Of course, Willy takes some of the credit in that - if you always give your opponent one more deep ball, the ue chances increase. Fed didn't look injured to me. He looked kind of subdued, that's all. Federer is a better player than Cañas, that's obvious, but today Willy was a fair winner, as Fed himself made abundantly clear. :D I agree

Chileno
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Federer played below his normal level. He made too many mistakes and lacked fighting spirit in the second set. Of course, Willy takes some of the credit in that - if you always give your opponent one more deep ball, the ue chances increase. Fed didn't look injured to me. He looked kind of subdued, that's all. Federer is a better player than Cañas, that's obvious, but today Willy was a fair winner, as Fed himself made abundantly clear.

I agree, all credit to Willy for not losing focus and taking his chances. :worship:

mtw
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
The match was very good. Guillermo Canas played very well. He is very good player.
However if Roger loses, he can behave very good, right and properly. He is real Master and great player.

cmurray
03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't know why you all have to drag Rafa into this. He is nearly always gracious. He was mad at Berdych for pissing the Spanish crowd off, and in Dubai, he was just disappointed. All players get like that sometimes - even Roger "the Messiah" Federer. For example "WAH! His coach was HELPING him. THAT'S why I lost! It couldn't possibly have been that he held his nerve better than I did....of COURSE not."

Listen, I don't blame either of them for being disappointed after a particularly difficult loss. They're human after all and it sucks that they have to talk to the press about it so soon afterwards. Give them a break.

cmurray
03-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Federer has far more class in his comments than some of the people here in General Messages trying to rationalize and deflect the blame for his poor performance yesterday. If I was Roger I'd be thoroughly mortified that I was being defended by such antagonistic, drama-seeking trolls.

:hug:

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I read this somewhere.

Canas was stunned by what he managed to accomplish.

"I feel great, it's great for me to beat the number 1 in the world. He's the best player in the world forever.

"I think it's great. I feel good. But I know there is the second round in the tournament. My goal now is to try to continue. "

The bewildered Argentine added: "I beat him and I enjoyed it - but I don't know how I did it. I think I played good. That's it. "

Veronique
03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Federer has shown such form in early rounds of many tourneys and gotten away with it. Willy has the kind of game that troubles Roger. He barely made any UEs and his balls were placed deep in the court. I'm watching the match on TTC right now and I can tell he didn't feed Roger any pace at all. Which explains some of the bad misses Roger had. Canas got to most balls and returned them deep, forcing Federer to hit 1 more shot time and time again.

Kudos to Roger for giving credit where credit is due.

jenanun
03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
his lost made him looks stupid when he said he practised with sampras in a high profile

Veronique
03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, and that shows why he didn't exactly make a huge celebratory scene after beating Roger - if he was stunned/dazed and wasn't able to immediately process what he had just done, a calm reaction makes sense.

Or perhaps he just didn't feel like making a big scene for winning a 2nd round match?

cmurray
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, and that shows why he didn't exactly make a huge celebratory scene after beating Roger - if he was stunned/dazed and wasn't able to immediately process what he had just done, a calm reaction makes sense.

Murray was like that a little in cininnati too.

yomike
03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Well at least Roger had the modesty to lie not like the Williams sisters who seem to have been thought to say I beat myself today each time they lose.

Veronique
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Well at least Roger had the modesty to lie not like the Williams sisters who seem to have been thought to say I beat myself today each time they lose.

You're on the wrong messageboard.:rolleyes:

rosamunda
03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Roger was very gracious in defeat, and I liked that. But I don't care what he said (perhaps he hasn't totted up the UEs yet!) - I thought that, apart from the odd bit of brilliance here and there, he played like absolute sh*t. He had loads of chances and blew just about the lot of them with ridiculous UEs and what seemed like a complete lack of focus, particularly in the second set. I take nothing away from Canas cos it's all about who's the better player on the day, and he was - he played a blinder by essentially keeping the ball in play with amazing retrieving and a holding of the nerve, together with some lovely shots of his own. I hope he can keep it up now and go deep into the tournament.

uglyamerican
03-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, definitely. Plus the guys have a lot of respect for Roger so I highly doubt they'd dance in his face and do a little moonwalk after spanking him. :lol:

I believe that's what John McEnroe would like.

yomike
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
You're on the wrong messageboard.:rolleyes:

Don't care

Dancing Hero
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I think Fed is sporting enough when he loses, he paid fair respect to Canas for playing a great match.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 02:26 PM

:rolleyes:

Bahhh, the poor excuses and sorry ramblings of the losing team. Roger's command of english is a lot better than rafa's any idiot can see that. Maybe if he could speak it better, he could learn to be an arrogant ass hole with a convincing fake smile like Roger. Learn from the best rafa.

gillian
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM

That about sums it up.

Allure
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Stevie Wonder could see he was playing badly.:rolleyes:

Pfloyd
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Face it, Federer lost.

Sure, he was not playing at 100%, but he was not playing at 10% either.

Cañas played a great match. Federer didn't. He is most vulnerable at the first round of events anyway.

At least he can admit that. Can you?

Go and cry now.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't get how poeple use that as an excuse to lost. Yes he wasn't playing at 100% do you know how many matches are lost to people not playing at 100%. Rafa hasn't been playing at 100% since I don't even remember, but that doesn't some how make his loses any less lost. It's about who brings it when it needs to be broughten, yeah.

Allure
03-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't get how poeple use that as an excuse to lost. Yes he wasn't playing at 100% do you know how many matches are lost to people not playing at 100%. Rafa hasn't been playing at 100% since I don't even remember, but that doesn't some how make his loses any less lost. It's about who brings it when it needs to be broughten, yeah.

Have you seen how Federer played yesterday. Below 50% I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Julio1974
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Of course he was not playing 100%. But how many times ddi Federer win even though he was not playing well? This time, he did not

rubsch
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
What are you really discussing? I mean Federer lost and there isn't any excuse or anything you could change now...But the world won't go down just because of that... and Federer neither. So just wait and watch when he comes back and shows us his 100% again!

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:19 PM

What is your point, that is why people lose mathces sometimes. Is because fed lost and wasn't playing 100%, all of a sudden an excuse for a lost to not be a lost. I'm confused

judeluo
03-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I am still trying to absorb the shock...

Haven't seen the match, but would be interested to know what Canas has come up with after a year's dormancy...

Guess you need to jump out of nowhere to upset Fed...Familiar Foes never work

GlennMirnyi
03-12-2007, 03:43 PM

Next thing you're gonna tell us Canas outplayed him. :lol:

R.Federer
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Federer loses so infrequently, everyone (who wants to) gets gazillion days to celebrate his wins, and should really not have so much resistance to accepting that he lost to the better player on the day.

I don't think he played his best, but this might have been enough to beat many other good first rounders. Credit to the Wily Willy for playing a great game and believing, to win.

Well hope for Federer's sake he doesn't draw Willy R1 in Paris.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Federer loses so infrequently, everyone (who wants to) gets gazillion days to celebrate his wins, and should really not have so much resistance to accepting that he lost to the better player on the day.

I don't think he played his best, but this might have been enough to beat many other good first rounders. Credit to the Wily Willy for playing a great game and believing, to win.

Right on fed fan:worship:

Hendu
03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Next thing you're gonna tell us Canas outplayed him. :lol:

Never did, never will.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 05:15 PM

here we go again, Peoples first claiming Roger had an injury and couldn't walk off the court and BAM, Roger comes out to play doubles.

Roger was playing pretty well in the first set and didn't take his opportunities. It's one of the few losses he will suffer and if he can deal with it, then great. All credit to Canas...Who cares if he wasn't at 100% Name one player who is playing 100% day in and day out. That's why good players have losses. Roger is just so damn consistent

Apemant
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Of course he was not playing 100%. But how many times ddi Federer win even though he was not playing well? This time, he did not

Yep, this is pretty much the bottom of the thing. Federer plays below his standards pretty often, esp. in early rounds, but the people seem to sort of freeze while playing him (the OSIABF syndrome), thinking they have no chance no matter how mediocre he's playing. But Canas obviously believed and wanted that win, didn't choke it away. So kudos to him for doing that.

ranaldo
03-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Strange how people are expecting Fed to loose at one moment but then when it actually happens, they can't believe it.
Anyways, 43 UE that says a lot. Fed will have to break the I'm-bored-by-early-rounds routine.

nihil66
03-12-2007, 06:35 PM
this stinks :(

TeamID
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't see the contradiction :confused: . He just goes on to give many more details about the dynamics of the match. Nowhere does he contradict that Willy played very well and he didn't play badly. If anything, it confirms that injuries were not an issue. In any case timeouts were, but timeouts affected Willy as well (and even though Fed says otherwise, the consensus is that they benefit the player who is down).

Edit: thanks for the quotes and the pics :)

"I was just playing too poorly in the end to come back."

He says that he was playing poorly. Earlier he said he didn't play poorly at all. Is that not a contradiction?

tangerine_dream
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Re: Fed: "I think he played very well and I didn't think I was playing poorly at all"
Roger was clearly being gracious. Players contradict themselves all the time whenever a reporter asks the same question but in a different way. More quotes:

FEDERER: "All he did was just keep the ball in play and move me around. It's just a guy (who) put me away when he had to. He played a perfect match in the end. He didn't give me any more chances. He served well. He didn't give me any unforced errors, and I was just playing too poorly in the end to come back."

At the end of the first set, and at 3-2 in the second set, Federer had the trainer come out twice to look at his feet.

Federer wouldn't go into details, other than to say he had some problems with his toe. That much was apparent as Federer went on to play a doubles match afterwards, which he completed successfully before speaking to the media.

The bigger problem was the break in rhythm, which left Federer flat for the second set.

"I hate taking timeouts. It's just something I hate doing," Federer said. "Here, it takes forever for the guy to come down. By the time I got into the second set, the whole thing was just dead. And you're down a set. It's already not easy. You kind of try to get back up. It just wasn't meant to be.

"It was just a lot of interruptions. I mean, when you're up, it's no problem, but when you're down, it really messes with your rhythm."

In the past, Federer had found a way to win. It just didn't happen Sunday.

"Many times in matches I win, I have fear that I'm not going to turn it around," Federer said. "I need some kind of miracle to get out of it. And today was no different. Of course, if you're down a set and a break, you can start wondering if you're ever going to come back. But you doubt yourself and you just try. But today wasn't the day I could come back for some reason."

edit
3 more pics. Good of Roger to stop to sign autographs for the kids. That's not easy to do after a tough loss. :yeah:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/9103/rogerxw9.th.jpg (http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rogerxw9.jpg) http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3557/rogerwavezh8.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rogerwavezh8.jpg) http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1931/rogerfansgo6.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rogerfansgo6.jpg)

R.Federer
03-12-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't see the contradiction :confused: . He just goes on to give many more details about the dynamics of the match. Nowhere does he contradict that Willy played very well and he didn't play badly. If anything, it confirms that injuries were not an issue. In any case timeouts were, but timeouts affected Willy as well (and even though Fed says otherwise, the consensus is that they benefit the player who is down).

There isn't a contradiction. The answers are to two distinct questions, the second one is to what about Canas's game made Federer lose.

People who want to read in a contradiction, will find a way to do so ;)

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Roger was clearly being gracious. Players contradict themselves all the time whenever a reporter asks the same question but in a different way. More quotes:

nhissan
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
nevermind

Fedever
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Yep. Of course he is going to say that. Because he is too much of a class act to say he wasn't playing his best or that he was injured, but clearly this was the case. Yes Canas did play well, but Roger played poorly, the stats show that.

casabe
03-12-2007, 08:56 PM
MTF lives a revolutions when Federer loses.

He looses really few matches in a year...and always someone is trying to find an excuse.

Vs. nalbandian (injured)
Vs. murray (tired)
Vs. Canas (injured)

Is obvious that Canas or any player playing at 100% cant beat roger if he is at 100% too. He looses when he plays bad AND his opponent his 100% in both tennis and mental strength. That what happened, no excuses.

Jlee
03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
He's saying what he's supposed to lol. Canas outplayed him though and he knows it. It's not about what percentage he was at, it's about Canas being able to outplay him.

People never outplay Federer. If they do, it usually happens on their birthday :D Even if Federer was about to pass out dead on the court and a player beat him they'd still probably think of it as an accomplishment.

He's being more gracious here than he was to Murray in Cincy though, I think.

casabe
03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
correct me if i am wrong but from the last 4 players that beated him, 2 of them where argentines players

nobama
03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
MTF lives a revolutions when Federer loses.

He looses really few matches in a year...and always someone is trying to find an excuse.

Vs. nalbandian (injured)
Vs. murray (tired)
Vs. Canas (injured)

Is obvious that Canas or any player playing at 100% cant beat roger if he is at 100% too. He looses when he plays bad AND his opponent his 100% in both tennis and mental strength. That what happened, no excuses.Maybe people can move on from the whole excuses thing because there really were only a fans/posters who used that excuse. Most fans accept that he was outplayed and deserved to lose. So does Federer.

Apemant
03-12-2007, 11:23 PM
"Many times in matches I win, I have fear that I'm not going to turn it around," Federer said. "I need some kind of miracle to get out of it. And today was no different. Of course, if you're down a set and a break, you can start wondering if you're ever going to come back. But you doubt yourself and you just try. But today wasn't the day I could come back for some reason."

I've said it once before, but perhaps it doesn't hurt to repeat it: great sportsmen such as Roger (or Jordan or whoever) don't actually KNOW how their magic works. It just doesn't work on a conscious level; they WANT the ball to go someplace, and due to their natural talent AND hard training, it goes where they want it to go. But they don't really think about all the muscles involved in a shot, they don't calculate angles and the speed of wind and whatnot. So, if for any reason it just doesn't work at a particular moment, they are as confused as any spectator. Why doesn't it work? Yesterday it did, the day before too, and now this? WTF?? If it prolongs for like 30 minutes, the most usual reaction is nothing less than panic, and of course, panic doesn't actually help you overcome it.

So, although I can't say I'm actually glad he lost, perhaps people might realize that Fed is, after all, ONLY human :devil: . Don't know about others, but it makes me respect his accomplishments even more - knowing how easy is for him to actually lose a match, how vulnerable he still is behind that aura of invincibility. Where does he draw all the mental strength to keep coming back?

Fedex
03-13-2007, 12:06 AM

Only fanboys would say this. Federer gave Canas credit for beating him and didn't make excuses.

tcorinna
03-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey guys

I hope that my opinion won't be considered as a way of looking for excuses. This is not my intent, it is only the opinion of a fan that looks at all his matches, cherring when he is winning and cherring him even when he loses. His tennis is music to my ears;)

I've saw the match and Federer didn't play at his best, this is for sure. He didn't play bad, because I realy think it is imposible for him to do that :p But when Federer doesn't play at his best he is just a normal tennis player from the top ten and this is the time when he is beatable like any other. Canas played very good and he managed to do what few tennis players managed, meaning winning when Federer only plays his top ten tennis. Congratulation Canas... great win :D

I can't wait to see Fede in Miami where I hope he will kick some a**

ROGER FEDERER IS A TRUE CHAMPION:hatoff: :hatoff: and he didn't blaim his lose nor to his injury (which btw I don't think was an injury:D ) nor to any other stupid reason ... He said that won the person that deserved to win ... as simple as that:smooch:

A PROUD ROGER FEDERER FAN :wavey: :wavey:

Fedex
03-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, definitely. Plus the guys have a lot of respect for Roger so I highly doubt they'd dance in his face and do a little moonwalk after spanking him. :lol:

Me thinks that would not be the smartest thing to do. :lol:

Fedex
03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Well hope for Federer's sake he doesn't draw Willy R1 in Paris.
Highly unlikely that he would draw him in the first round. His ranking will have surely improved by then.

tcorinna
03-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Me thinks that would not be the smartest thing to do. :lol:

Me too :haha: :haha: :haha: Just think at the consequences :p