Federer losses against older players [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer losses against older players

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Not only Federer loses very sparingly - when he does, it is often against younger players. Before today, the last time he lost against someone older than him was the AO 2005 SF - over two years ago :eek: .

Until 2004, he lost against much older players often - think Henman or Costa. However, as he matured himself he became almost invulnerable against players born after him. Even Marat isn't that much older than Fed, especially compared with Cañas.

Another little fact that makes Cañas win even more one-of-a-kind.

:wavey:

tennis2tennis
03-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Canas played well and deserve the win hands down, but i have a feeling that the loss will be over-analysed and dissected by the media.....
as for the winning streak back to the drawing board!

notice how roger gave full credit to canas so no can say he can't do it

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Canas played well and deserve the win hands down, but i have a feeling that the loss will be over-analysed and dissected by the media.....
as for the winning streak back to the drawing board!

notice how roger gave full credit to canas so no can say he can't do it

All exceptional circumstances are over-analyzed - it's human nature :) . Roger losing is exceptional, and losing to a guy several years his senior even more so ;) .

However I agree that in the end it boils down to something simple - Fed had a bad day and Willy had great grit and determination to take advantage of it

Kolya
03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Federer can lose to any good player. Age means nothing.

almouchie
03-12-2007, 09:50 AM
it isnt about Age
its a mental thing as far as Federer
players simply enter the court showing him too much respect & are in awe of him
he can sense that easily from his opponents
its like Mcenroe said, players need to stop liking him too much, & show him they mean business on court
attitude & demeanour is everything
i liked that federer admited canas played well, & he wasnt playing too bad
gives hopes for others

~Marija~
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Federer can lose to any good player. Age means nothing.

I agree with you!
:wavey: