I don't like Roger Federer but he lost to a CHEATER! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I don't like Roger Federer but he lost to a CHEATER!

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Not much else can be said about it. Canas is and always will be a CHEATER!

I have been around sports long enough to know all about those new pills that hide banned subtances and that allow you to pass all steroid tests without having to ever worry.

Have you ever wondered why so many athletes still take banned substances knowing they are going to get tested anyways? It's because they think they are taking the correct 'Masing Agent' for the banned substance but they're not.

The way Canas has comeback and played is next to impossible no matter how you look at it. He has obviously been in contact with some of the top dogs in North America and has obtained some of the best stuff to protect himself from the testing process.

Congrats Willie Canas on pulling this off...hopefully you can hook up a few guys in baseball with some of that shit so that we can see someone hit 100 HR's this season.

As for Federer, im glad he lost but this loss should have a big * beside it because he lost to someone who should have been banned for life.

ONCE A CHEAT, ALWAYS A CHEATER! Now kiss my ass!

Guillermo Canas = Mark McGwire = ***

MODS...what is the point of deleting my thread? This is an honest topic of discussion. Why are you trying to hide the facts that he cheated and the probability of him still cheating is 99.9%? Why is everyone on this board so sensitive? Stop deleting posts and start banning the idiots who can't behave.

trixtah
03-12-2007, 04:44 AM
I think we need to ban this fool for recreating the topic. At least a temp ban

Conita
03-12-2007, 04:45 AM
:haha: flava u never give up do u know....

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:45 AM
I think we need to ban this fool for recreating the topic. At least a temp ban

Stop being so sensitive. This is an open discussion forum and this is a legit topic of discussion. Tennis fans are too blind to drug scandals and need to be informed on how things really work.

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:46 AM
:haha: flava u never give up do u know....

It's just annoying to have mods go on rampages and delete threads. This is actually a topic of discussion. The only reason it gets out of control is because a couple of immature posters get all crazy when I post.

Back to the discussion...

dylan24
03-12-2007, 04:46 AM
i agree.
canas is still cheating and on drugs
hell, on tv when they showed his team/entourage
they looked like they users as well

Conita
03-12-2007, 04:47 AM
ok i give this one about 2 mins

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:48 AM
i agree.

The trick in sports, and im sure some other players already caught on to this a long time ago, is to get your hands on the 'MASKING AGENTS' that protect these guys from drug testing.

Sagiel
03-12-2007, 04:48 AM
International Court of Arbitration for Sport ----- Random guy on a message board.

mmm, who to believe?

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:50 AM
International Court of Arbitration for Sport ----- Random guy on a message board.

mmm, who to believe?

You don't get it do you. Everything revolves around money. The fact that you could bet on this Federer-Canas match means someone bet on Canas and someone bet on Federer. Whoever 'those' people are who bet on Canas can now quit their jobs and retire.

He was banned for cheating...so he cheated. Now he is passing tests but it doesn't mean he is 'CLEAN'.

Snowwy
03-12-2007, 04:53 AM
I agree 100% with Mistaflava. he is always gonna be a cheater.

That said he beat Federer, Federer shouldnt have lost and the Federer fans who say that he lost cuz Canas was cheating is dumb.

Federer >>>>>> Cheating Canas
Federer >>>>>>>>>>>>> Canas

Tomy
03-12-2007, 04:53 AM
LOL, you can find crazy people everyhere, huh?

Flibbertigibbet
03-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Your logic is so bad, it doesn't warrant a response from any sane individual. :lol:

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:55 AM
I agree 100% with Mistaflava. he is always gonna be a cheater.

That said he beat Federer, Federer shouldnt have lost and the Federer fans who say that he lost cuz Canas was cheating is dumb.

Federer >>>>>> Cheating Canas
Federer >>>>>>>>>>>>> Canas

That's the thing...we will never know so it can't be used as an excuse but the thread title is 'Federer lost to a cheater' which is still 100% true.

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Your logic is so bad, it doesn't warrant a response from any sane individual. :lol:

What's so bad about it? Do you watch other sports or do you follow tennis and play video games?

In case you live in a box...athletes nowadays have new pills they can pop that clears them of all drug testing.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Oh that is the reason excuses are excuses, you will never really know. Doesn't make it any less of an excuse

Flibbertigibbet
03-12-2007, 04:59 AM
What's so bad about it? Do you watch other sports or do you follow tennis and play video games?

In case you live in a box...athletes nowadays have new pills they can pop that clears them of all drug testing.

I do follow other sports (and I also play video games, and my home isn't a box as far as I know). Prove to me they have pills that clear them of drug testing, prove to me that Canas cheated, prove to me anything to support your point. I'm just humoring you here.

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 05:00 AM
:haha: :crazy: :haha:

It's a supreme day.... seeing all the haters going nuts because the big fighter proved them wrong once again :yeah:

Keep them coming mistaflava :hug: :lol: :haha:

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Oh that is the reason excuses are excuses, you will never really know. Doesn't make it any less of an excuse

It's not an excuse hun, it's a fact...he lost to a cheater (I dont even like the guy) but lets get real for a minute here.

Schu
03-12-2007, 05:02 AM

I have been around sports long enough to know all about those new pills that hide banned subtances and that allow you to pass all steroid tests without having to ever worry.

Have you ever wondered why so many athletes still take banned substances knowing they are going to get tested anyways? It's because they think they are taking the correct 'Masing Agent' for the banned substance but they're not.

The way Canas has comeback and played is next to impossible no matter how you look at it. He has obviously been in contact with some of the top dogs in North America and has obtained some of the best stuff to protect himself from the testing process.

Congrats Willie Canas on pulling this off...hopefully you can hook up a few guys in baseball with some of that shit so that we can see someone hit 100 HR's this season.

As for Federer, im glad he lost but this loss should have a big * beside it because he lost to someone who should have been banned for life.

MODS...what is the point of deleting my thread? This is an honest topic of discussion. Why are you trying to hide the facts that he cheated and the probability of him still cheating is 99.9%? Why is everyone on this board so sensitive? Stop deleting posts and start banning the idiots who can't behave.

Unless you KNOW 100% all the facts - don't be so quick to judge and so unwilling to think you just might not be right - ever heard of something called slander - "once a cheater, always a cheater" - how narrow and closed minded can someone be!

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:03 AM
I do follow other sports (and I also play video games, and my home isn't a box as far as I know). Prove to me they have pills that clear them of drug testing, prove to me that Canas cheated, prove to me anything to support your point. I'm just humoring you here.

Several pro athletes have been bustes in airports with these substances that mask other substances in testing. Just google it...it's not hard to find.

The proof that Canas cheated is based on probability (hopefully some of you went to school). When I saw the headline 'Roger Federer's streak comes to an end', I was one one hell of a happy camper. However, when I saw that it was against Canas, the sweetness of the loss went to O-Fuckness. Of all people he could have lost to he lost against a guy who's chances of still being a cheater are better than 95%.

G_Hughes

I GUESS IT WAS A BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE FOR THOSE LOW ODDS BACKERS ......

sondraj06
It's not an excuse hun, it's a fact...he lost to a cheater (I dont even like the guy) but lets get real for a minute here.

It's a fact that he cheated in the past, not that he's cheating now. So all of the Fed lost becuase canas cheated excuses are just that, excuse. Like any other excuse you can't really prove.

trixtah
you are so certain Canas is cheating and that "there are pills that you can pop that clear all tests." What makes you so certain your master, Mr. Federer isn't poppin pills? There, your logic is defeated by a hypothetical situation

G_Hughes
03-12-2007, 05:04 AM
i agree.

ANOTHER LOW ODDS BACKER BITES THE DUST LOOLLLLLLLL

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:04 AM
Unless you KNOW 100% all the facts - don't be so quick to judge and so unwilling to think you just might not be right - ever heard of something called slander - "once a cheater, always a cheater" - how narrow and closed minded can someone be!

I am not judging...it's a fact bro. Canas was a cheater, is a cheater and will always be a cheater. I never said he was 100% cheating today but what I am saying is that Federer lost to a cheater and that ain't no lie.

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:05 AM
It's a fact that he cheated in the past, not that he's cheating now. So all of the Fed lost becuase canas cheated excuses are just that, excuse. Like any other excuse you can't really prove.

I don't give a rats ass about Federer so im not making excuses, simply stating the facts and voicing my displeasure with Canas being allowed to compete again.

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 05:05 AM

Cañas DID NOT cheat in the past. He accidentally took a banned medicine which was given to him by the TOURNAMENT DOCTOR, as asserted by the court who heard his appeal.

psichogaucho
03-12-2007, 05:06 AM

shut up

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:06 AM
you are so certain Canas is cheating and that "there are pills that you can pop that clear all tests." What makes you so certain your master, Mr. Federer isn't poppin pills? There, your logic is defeated by a hypothetical situation

You're not completely wrong on that. Maybe Roger is popping those same pills...it's obvious a lot of guys are doing it but because Canas was dumb enough to get busted, he is tagged as a cheater. Until you are caught, you are not a cheater.

sondraj06
03-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Cañas DID NOT cheat in the past. He accidentally took a banned medicine which was given to him by the TOURNAMENT DOCTOR, as asserted by the court who heard his appeal.

What are you shouting at me for, I'm just taken you alls word for it. I haven't watch tennis long enough to know, go tell it to mista

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:07 AM

LOL! Yeah just like that sack of weed was accidentally left in the back seat of my car by my 80 year old grandmother...right?

Galathea
03-12-2007, 05:08 AM
I love the "I've been around and I know" as basic fundament.
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Some people here should take medication (and I don't mean Cañas) :cuckoo:

Aclaration: I played at the hockey national team of Argentina (between other things at world championships and also at the Olimpics), so I think "I've been around" too and playing at high level competition, not as some simple viewer.... just in case.

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 05:08 AM
You're not completely wrong on that. Maybe Roger is popping those same pills...it's obvious a lot of guys are doing it but because Canas was dumb enough to get busted, he is tagged as a cheater. Until you are caught, you are not a cheater.

:haha: bitterness and willful ignorance go hand in hand :haha:
:crazy: so predictable :crazy:

:wavey:

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Aclaration: I played at the hockey national team of Argentina (between other things at world championships and also at the Olimpics).

:hatoff:

Let's enjoy all the haters' ridiculous arguments.... it's doomday for them :lol: :wavey:

Hendu
03-12-2007, 05:15 AM
this win was great.......... and with this thread is even better!!!!!!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :banana: :banana: :banana:

for the non-trolls:

http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/newsarticle.asp?id=16515

Court of Arbitration for Sport reduces suspension of Guillermo Canas to 15 months

Lausanne, 23 May 2006 – The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has partially upheld the appeal filed by the Argentinean tennis player, Guillermo Cañas, against the decision of the Anti-doping Tribunal of the ATP Tour of 7 August 2005.

The Tribunal of the ATP Tour found that Guillermo Cañas tested positive for the prohibited substance hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) at the ATP tournament “Abierto Mexicano de Tenis” in Acapulco, Mexico on 21 February 2005. As a consequence, the Tribunal of the ATP Tour disqualified the Player from the Acapulco tournament and suspended him for a period of two years, effective from 11 June 2005. Furthermore, the Tribunal ordered the disqualification of the Player from the competitions he took part in between 21 February 2005 and 11 June 2005, with the exception of Roland Garros, a tournament during which he tested negative.

The Player filed an appeal with the CAS on 29 August 2005 to request the annulment of the ATP Tour decision. This matter was submitted to a panel composed of Ms Maidie Oliveau (USA), President, Mr Christopher Campbell (USA) and Mr Yves Fortier (Canada). The parties, their representatives and witnesses were heard by the Panel at a hearing in New York on 19 and 20 January 2006.

On the basis of the evidence submitted by the parties, the Panel of arbitrators found that the Player ingested a medication called “Rofucal”, delivered to him by the tournament staff in Acapulco although the tournament doctor prescribed a different medication for him. G.Cañas took the medication he received without reviewing the content of the box, even though he knew that the medication had been through several hands before being delivered to him. The Panel noted also that the doping control form completed by the Player did not list the medication prescribed by the tournament doctor.

The Panel considered that the Player was entitled to rely on the expertise of independent medical staff provided by the organisers of the Acapulco tournament. The arbitrators also emphasised the fact that a mistake in the delivery of the medication was made not by the Player, but rather by the tournament staff. However, the Panel considered that the Player had a duty of utmost caution after visiting the tournament doctor to ascertain whether the medication received was indeed the medication prescribed by the doctor.

In conclusion, the Panel was of the opinion that the negligence committed by the Player was not significant and decided that his period of ineligibility should be reduced by nine months, from two years to fifteen months. The suspension of G. Cañas which started on 11 June 2005 will come to end on 10 September 2006. In addition, the Panel decided that other than with respect to the Acapulco tournament, none of the results achieved by G.Canãs before 11 June 2005 should be disqualified.

:banana: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :banana:

SwiSha
03-12-2007, 05:15 AM
jesus christ shut the down the MLB NFL NBA and americas track & field team, every frickin LineBacker pitcher batter center and dont get me started on the 100m athletes hast used drugs and still
u worry about a little guy from Argentina who is a proven fighter??

leave it alone

Mistaflava
03-12-2007, 05:47 AM
jesus christ shut the down the MLB NFL NBA and americas track & field team, every frickin LineBacker pitcher batter center and dont get me started on the 100m athletes hast used drugs and still
u worry about a little guy from Argentina who is a proven fighter??

leave it alone

leave it alone is exactly the attitude most sports have nowadays which is why credibility is shot pretty much everywhere.

ServeAlready81
03-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I think 43 UE's tells the story more than pill popping :shrug:

*Viva Chile*
03-12-2007, 05:54 AM
I was to post again the ITF resolution, I have to say this thread needs to be deleted again, it's completely non-sense having a thread like this knowing the facts of the resolution.

SwiSha
03-12-2007, 06:00 AM
leave it alone is exactly the attitude most sports have nowadays which is why credibility is shot pretty much everywhere.

as long as money rules the world..
nothing is going to change that

michelleg
03-12-2007, 06:02 AM
nah dont delete it, every circus needs a clown to provide some source of superfluous entertainment (and give the young ones nightmares.)

Mimi
03-12-2007, 06:04 AM
i don't agree with you, i think everyone deserves a second chance :wavey:

good_gambler
03-12-2007, 06:04 AM

The fact is you MAY be correct BUT you have no right to say shit like this..

:wavey:

TennisGrl
03-12-2007, 06:06 AM
This thread just shows the ignorance that sorrunds this sport. You can't assume that someone is doping based on their entourages appearance nor can you assume that someone is doping based on a past ruling. If you have half a brain, you will read the transcripts regarding the board's decision about Canas.
If everyone here is so adamant about him taking drugs and covering them up with "new and improved" methods, what's to say that not EVERYONE on tour is doing the same thing?

This guy, Canas, looks like he's in great shape...let him have this win without tainting it with your own idiotic theories. The truth of the matter is Canas played a beautiful match with only 9 unforced errors and Federer, who is a true master at this game, did not play his best.

Even Roger has an off night and even Roger loses...it's that simple. One played well while the other one played badly.

Let's not make a soap opera out of nothing.

Nalbandian!!!
03-12-2007, 06:08 AM

shutup asshole

morningglory
03-12-2007, 07:07 AM
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :haha: we all should just wait and see Canas in his next match... if Canas wins IW then I might have some suspicion but until then :shrug:

Hendu
03-12-2007, 07:22 AM
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :haha: we all should just wait and see Canas in his next match... if Canas wins IW then I might have some suspicion but until then :shrug:

In 2002 he showed he was capable of winning an AMS tournament beating several top ten players... doing that again this week won't mean he is cheating.

By the way, I don't think he will win it all. But he does have a good draw to go far.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Maybe Willy cheated in the past,but you can't be so sure he still cheats now.People should give him one more chance if he really did in the past!

~EMiLiTA~
03-12-2007, 07:35 AM
this win was great.......... and with this thread is even better!!!!!!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :banana: :banana: :banana:

for the non-trolls:

:banana: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :lol: :banana: :banana:

thank you for posting this evidence...i wanted to reread it for myself because i remember his case was one of negligence in medication taking rather than performance enhancing drugs. i personally think he was innocent and think he got the raw end of the deal, and i remember some of the other players were actually supporting him in his case...but rules are rules i guess.

however i do think it is disgusting the way people are still labelling him as a cheater. pathetic really.

TULY
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Canas! well done!

Peoples
03-12-2007, 09:08 AM
thank you for posting this evidence...i wanted to reread it for myself because i remember his case was one of negligence in medication taking rather than performance enhancing drugs. i personally think he was innocent and think he got the raw end of the deal, and i remember some of the other players were actually supporting him in his case...but rules are rules i guess.

however i do think it is disgusting the way people are still labelling him as a cheater. pathetic really.
He was innocent? How do you explain the coincidence that so many of the "innocent" but busted steroid users have been Argentine? Coria, Chela, Puerta, Canas, Mariano Hood... Somehow getting tournament's delivery people involved is not difficult. Every single one of these cheating players has had excuses. Already Maradona took doping. Horacio de la Peña Argentine tennis coach had this comment:
"It's ridiculous to say that people are pointing their fingers at us; they're doing so because real things are happening and it's our fault,"

Puerta even made it 8th in the top 10 of drug excuses:
http://www.narcolepsie.nl/nvn/modules/news/article.php?storyid=66
8 Period pain medicine

Argentinian tennis player Mariano Puerta blamed the period pain relief taken by his wife Sol for his positive test to stimulants. Puerta said he accidentally drank water containing the drug while he was waiting with his wife before the French Open final.

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Flava, does have a valid point about drugs in sport.

However, it was proven that Canas was negligent and not taking something to enhance performance and it was provided by the tournament doctor. Hence he got his suspension reduced.

Each case is different, but that would require specific reading and that is difficult in most cases.

Hendu
03-12-2007, 09:17 AM
He was innocent? How do you explain the coincidence that so many of the "innocent" but busted steroid users have been Argentine? Coria, Chela, Puerta, Canas, Mariano Hood... Somehow getting tournament's delivery people involved is not difficult. Every single one of these cheating players has had excuses. Already Maradona took doping. Horacio de la Peña Argentine tennis coach had this comment:
"It's ridiculous to say that people are pointing their fingers at us; they're doing so because real things are happening and it's our fault,"

Puerta even made it 8th in the top 10 of drug excuses:
http://www.narcolepsie.nl/nvn/modules/news/article.php?storyid=66
8 Period pain medicine

Argentinian tennis player Mariano Puerta blamed the period pain relief taken by his wife Sol for his positive test to stimulants. Puerta said he accidentally drank water containing the drug while he was waiting with his wife before the French Open final.

yes, and as all cases are the same, and all Argentines are the same, I must be in drugs too, right?

:retard:

and what about the injury excuses?

Federer won a doubles match, and said he was ok.

:retard: :retard:

tennis2tennis
03-12-2007, 09:17 AM
this is were some fed-haters get their ammunition from some really silly fans who can't accept defeat, *(at least you've acknowledged you're not a fed fan) it's a competitve sport for crying out loud sometimes the guy on the other side of the net has a better day face it...Canas made a mistake and was punished for it, lets move on

"He was just a guy who put me away when he had to," said federer

Federer showed his class he gave Canas full credit and dismissed any suggestions of poor play or injury on his part....I'll follow his steps and give Canas full credit for great play.
well done canas for a great win:clap2:

Peoples
03-12-2007, 09:25 AM
yes, and as all cases are the same, and all Argentines are the same, I must be in drugs too, right?

:retard:

Who cares if you:retard: are or not. This is a professional sport.

Is it a coincidence that all these 5 tennis doping cases are with Argentines and do you believe their excuses?

FanofFederer
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
it is not only canas who is reputedly a cheater but many of the argentines have history of doping. coria, chela, puerta, hood have all been caught cheating. there is imo something quite fishy about argentine tennis. why are all the doper players from one country? :confused:

Peoples
03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
it is not only canas who is reputedly a cheater but many of the argentines have history of doping. coria, chela, puerta, hood have all been caught cheating. there is imo something quite fishy about argentine tennis. why are all the doper players from one country? :confused:
Exactly..it's suspicious, isn't it? And all Argentine tennis fans seem to be brainwashed into believing their players are innocent.

FanofFederer
03-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Exactly..it's suspicious, isn't it? And all Argentine tennis fans seem to be brainwashed into believing their players are innocent.

indeed...and this is a country that has achieved much success in davis cup.imo there should be some kind of atp audit into argentine tennis if there are any argentine dopers in our future.one could argue that it is argentina that is sullying the reputation of tennis by the practices of some of its players (i don't mean to offend, but it's true).

Hendu
03-12-2007, 09:33 AM
There is no point in discussing with posters who don't care to check on the cases before making stupid comments. Sorry.

Someone who brings up the name of Maradona whan talking about the doping issue with Argentine players is just a troll.

Peoples
03-12-2007, 09:36 AM
There is no point in discussing with posters who don't mind to check on the cases before making stupid comments. Sorry.

Someone who brings up the name of Maradona whan talking about the doping issue with Argentine players is just a troll.

Stop with the name calling and YOU check the facts. Was Coria tested positive? Was Canas tested positive? Was Puerta tested positive? Was Hood tested positive? Was Chela tested positive? I rest my case.

Hendu
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Stop with the name calling and YOU check the facts. Was Coria tested positive? Was Canas tested positive? Was Puerta tested positive? Was Hood tested positive? Was Chela tested positive? I rest my case.

you would be an excellent judge.

Do you have any titles? besides the clownish troll degree, of course.

Adler
03-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, as long as we don't have any shade of proof, it's just speculations. But I'd like it to be a fair victory, really. Nothing worse than drugs affair is what tennis needs to avoid

Peoples
03-12-2007, 09:46 AM
you would be an excellent judge.

Do you have any titles? besides the clownish troll degree, of course.
Argentine tennis fan...always resorting to name calling because you can't deny that Canas was tested positive like 4 other Argentine tennis players. So this thread title is correct.

Like FoF said Argentines give tennis a bad reputation.

Kolya
03-12-2007, 09:52 AM
All cheaters should be banned for life. That's it.

Hendu
03-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Argentine tennis fan...always resorting to name calling because you can't deny that Canas was tested positive like 4 other Argentine tennis players. So this thread title is correct.

Like FoF said Argentines give tennis a bad reputation.

I prefer resorting to this (http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/newsarticle.asp?id=16515) more than to unfounded hatred and animosity against the people from a particular country.

Bye troll, I have to go now.

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 09:56 AM
All cheaters should be banned for life. That's it.

1) Cañas didn't cheat.
2) All of us make errors. I'm sure you have done at least once in your life something you knew was illegal. Or something you didn't know was illegal, but it wasn't allowed by the law. So according to your reasoning you should be in jail forever.

Kolya
03-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Doping is not cheating?

Bad Religion
03-12-2007, 10:04 AM
I don´t care if Cañas is a cheater , the only important thing for me is that Fedclown was defeated :D :dance: :nerner:

Kolya
03-12-2007, 10:07 AM
1) Cañas didn't cheat.
2) All of us make errors. I'm sure you have done at least once in your life something you knew was illegal. Or something you didn't know was illegal, but it wasn't allowed by the law. So according to your reasoning you should be in jail forever.

I haven't done anything illegal :angel: - His actions hurt the image of tennis to the world and sports in general.

Bobby
03-12-2007, 10:19 AM
1) Cañas didn't cheat.

Sure, most people are guilty of some minor illegal activities. Speeding, jaywalking and so on. The difference is, that those who use doping are guilty of something that hurts not only themselves, but the entire sport. 10 years ago tennis was considered to be a very clean sport. Not anymore, thanks to certain players from Argentina.

Using doping also requires years of planning, a lot of money and a large number of people who buy the stuff, teach you how to use it, tell you how to cover up the using and so on... Everthing has to be so well planned and executed. Someone who goes through all this, doesn't deserve a second chance in my opinion. Why should people just forget what the argentinian players have done. They are not sorry that they used doping, they are only sorry that they got caught.

almouchie
03-12-2007, 10:22 AM
i knew when i saw canas was playing federer
that this might come to be a interesting thread on MTF

the issue with drugs, banning, etc is so up for discussion nothing can be certain

there is a lot of talk about south americans & drugs, especially the argentines
it could all be a coincidence, or maybe the type fo food they eat

but in this particular case, it was proven that despite him testing positive in a tournie Acapulco (i think) the tournament medical staff/official admited they gave him the medicine
it so happenned to contain a banned substance
if someone wants to cheat & hide it, they can try hard & some might succeed
lets just for argument sake, say he was guilty & he did his sentence
so he is starting from scratch

just let him have this, he won fair &sqaure

there will always be a doubts, but other than test offesive player more frequntly than others, there isnt much that the arbirtrators/moderators do

Kolya
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Sure, most people are guilty of some minor illegal activities. Speeding, jaywalking and so on. The difference is, that those who use doping are guilty of something that hurts not only themselves, but the entire sport. 10 years ago tennis was considered to be a very clean sport. Not anymore, thanks to certain players from Argentina.

Using doping also requires years of planning, a lot of money and a large number of people who buy the stuff, teach you how to use it, tell you how to cover up the using and so on... Everthing has to be so well planned and executed. Someone who goes through all this, doesn't deserve a second chance in my opinion. Why should people just forget what the argentinian players have done. They are not sorry that they used doping, they are only sorry that they got caught.

Well put, Bobby.

tennis2tennis
03-12-2007, 10:28 AM
someone insuated federer could have taken drugs to them I say oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze, most dope testers are clay court specialist (who just happen to be south americans), I think its got nothing to do with nationality but style of game, the more your game is based on physical grinding the higher the probability you'd be tempted to pop the pills!

someone like federer bases his game on technique, flicking of his wrist, ball spin, tight angle returns non-of which require stamina or power....

Caralimon
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
This board amazes me

Is it so hard to understand that Cañas DID NOT KNOW he was taking an illegal substance, originally PRESCRIBED by the TOURNAMENT DOCTOR of a certified ATP tournament?

Of course, he took illegal substances and therefore he deserved being banned, but he never had the intentions of taking a physical advantage.

These aren't my assumptions, all the stuff is checked and certified in the official resolution, posted some pages back.

Kolya
03-12-2007, 10:34 AM
No one ever knows they are taking performance enhancing drugs...

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 10:39 AM
No one ever knows they are taking performance enhancing drugs...

Read the case files.

Jaap
03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Agreed, Canas is a cheat and everyone of his wins should be declared null and void.

Its a bad day for tennis when a doper beats the world No.1. I hope it can recover.

Even worse, we have that other doper Puerta coming back soon, someone that was caught doping not once but twice. :retard:

my0118
03-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Wasn't the reason he got caught by doping Canas's mis-prescribed by the tournament doctor?
Or it was just a bullshit like everyone's on MTF saying he's a cheater?
I'm confused.

au_sports_opinion
03-12-2007, 10:48 AM

whatever

LocoPorElTenis
03-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Wasn't the reason he got caught by doping Canas's mis-prescribed by the tournament doctor?
I'm confused.

The tournament staff gave him a different medicine than the prescribed by the tournament doctor. Cañas' fault is not having double-checked. According to the appeal committee this is a minor negligence and thus his ban was reduced by 9 months.

No intent of cheating at all. Sadly there are a few noisy uninformed resentful trolls around there. But the facts are clear.

Action Jackson
03-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm confused.

There are certain people you just need to laugh at and here is the transcript for you.

One has to understand that MTF has many qualified lawyers.

Court of Arbitration for Sport reduces suspension of Guillermo Canas to 15 months

Lausanne, 23 May 2006 – The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has partially upheld the appeal filed by the Argentinean tennis player, Guillermo Cañas, against the decision of the Anti-doping Tribunal of the ATP Tour of 7 August 2005.

The Tribunal of the ATP Tour found that Guillermo Cañas tested positive for the prohibited substance hydrochlorothiazide (HCT) at the ATP tournament “Abierto Mexicano de Tenis” in Acapulco, Mexico on 21 February 2005. As a consequence, the Tribunal of the ATP Tour disqualified the Player from the Acapulco tournament and suspended him for a period of two years, effective from 11 June 2005. Furthermore, the Tribunal ordered the disqualification of the Player from the competitions he took part in between 21 February 2005 and 11 June 2005, with the exception of Roland Garros, a tournament during which he tested negative.

The Player filed an appeal with the CAS on 29 August 2005 to request the annulment of the ATP Tour decision. This matter was submitted to a panel composed of Ms Maidie Oliveau (USA), President, Mr Christopher Campbell (USA) and Mr Yves Fortier (Canada). The parties, their representatives and witnesses were heard by the Panel at a hearing in New York on 19 and 20 January 2006.

On the basis of the evidence submitted by the parties, the Panel of arbitrators found that the Player ingested a medication called “Rofucal”, delivered to him by the tournament staff in Acapulco although the tournament doctor prescribed a different medication for him . G.Cañas took the medication he received without reviewing the content of the box, even though he knew that the medication had been through several hands before being delivered to him. The Panel noted also that the doping control form completed by the Player did not list the medication prescribed by the tournament doctor.

The Panel considered that the Player was entitled to rely on the expertise of independent medical staff provided by the organisers of the Acapulco tournament. The arbitrators also emphasised the fact that a mistake in the delivery of the medication was made not by the Player, but rather by the tournament staff. However, the Panel considered that the Player had a duty of utmost caution after visiting the tournament doctor to ascertain whether the medication received was indeed the medication prescribed by the doctor.

In conclusion, the Panel was of the opinion that the negligence committed by the Player was not significant and decided that his period of ineligibility should be reduced by nine months, from two years to fifteen months. The suspension of G. Cañas which started on 11 June 2005 will come to end on 10 September 2006. In addition, the Panel decided that other than with respect to the Acapulco tournament, none of the results achieved by G.Canãs before 11 June 2005 should be disqualified.

The full text of the CAS Award is published below as a pdf, and on the CAS website www.tas-cas.org.

See also the original Tennis Anti-Doping Programme release on the decision in the case of Guillermo Canas.